Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

right. so maybe we should lower xp gain with 'problematic' activities like repping rhinoes, and add to non-mainskill-xp-gain for everything else. just a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    right. so maybe we should lower xp gain with 'problematic' activities like repping rhinoes, and add to non-mainskill-xp-gain for everything else. just a bit.
    I think that the XP gain by repping a Rhino does not have to be changed, but there must be alternatives. It cannot be the only viable way for a monk to cap DEX.

However, driving and repping a Rhino is a legit way to level for a driver character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    I think that the XP gain by repping a Rhino does not have to be changed, but there must be alternatives. It cannot be the only viable way for a monk to cap DEX.

However, driving and repping a Rhino is a legit way to level for a driver character.
    agreed. No need to touch drivers. Just give everyone else new ways to gain xp that doesn't involve missions.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

That said, if you CAN indeed cap DEX after 2-3 hours by repairing, then it should be just as fast doing the other things too... personally I find that to be pretty DAMN short amount of time..........

If you're a monk yes. Because they cap at 35 dex. It's not a lot.

I don't understand peoples obsessions with levelling speeds. What do people think gives them the right to make things take longer? This is not a flame but a serious question. Many people have very limited time for pc games these days and repetitively carrying out the same boring task over and over is not going to appeal to anyone. If the devs start to listen to these people who want to make things longer then you will see the population decrease not increase. An unknown number of people stayed away from nc after titan formed up because they could not or would not start over again. Compare that to the amount of people who found the time to level when they heard the double xp weekend was on and you suddenly find the problem. For the game - like any game - to be successful you need to balance the reward of grinding with the boredom of it.

If there was oodles of other content to do alongside the grind then I would be more supportive but right now the good content requires high end ppu/tanks to be levelled. This is for PVE by the way and the only other good content is the PVP which requires capped/near capped to be anywhere near fun.

If anything the future of nc has to attract the casual gamer as much as the hardcore play all day every day player. Wow has recently found this out in its last few addons and taken steps to address it.

In my mind NC should follow suit.

Anyone who thinks otherwise should really ask themselves what they hope to achieve by making people quit again. Look how the server was 2-3 years ago compared with today. I would prefer todays nc over that in a heartbeat but lets not go making things harder here. Thats not what this entire thread is about. Its about making the effort of time spent equal to the reward for the player.

Hmm, i did a test and my monk (level 1 STR) could level strength with ALT+H or a STR 1 knife, so it was a different problem.
    Alles wird gut!

irgendwann?

hoffentlich...

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    If you're a monk yes. Because they cap at 35 dex. It's not a lot. I don't understand peoples obsessions with levelling speeds.
    Anyone who thinks otherwise should really ask themselves what they hope to achieve by making people quit again.
    If you are going from, what I said in my last post, to saying that I am someone who has such a bogus idea that it would make people quit the game, I think that was a stretch.

The reason I said what I did (in my last post) is that I have had a monk for about a week now, and although I don't play every hour of every day, I've been doing a lot of boring recycling and boring missions and my DEX is like... level 4 or 5. Learning that other people are repairing a vehicle (probably while afk or semi-afk) and capping in 2-3 hours makes everything I've been doing feel like a waste of time and effort.

If someone can cap that fast clicking on a vehicle, then I should cap just as fast by doing missions and recycling which is Dex-based, too, like Repairing for crying out loud.

This way, it's fair and there wouldn't be one activity that is blatantly superior to the others.
    Last edited by Izeo; 20-11-12 at 22:48.

No izeo. I wasn't pointing the finger at you. If you read the post it clearly says this is not a flame. The entire point of my post was to stop all of the "make things harder" chatter. I'm firmly supportive of your ideas and love the way you have been posting constructive ideas. I was trying to appeal to the devs to not jump on the ideas that got nc into the state it is in. Bad ideas gave us nc 2.2. Now with a relaunched nc and a community that is clearly getting older and therefore has less time to play I would like to see more done for the casual gamer who has less time to play. It was not anything personal. I think rhino repping is fine as it is. I just think that there should be other ways of levelling for different classes just as fast.

Even if they gave us super missions which took as long as epics but let you max out your lowest skill or something. That would be good. Tanks could go school and learn int. Spies could go to Hogwarts and learn magic even... Anything is better than the current nc state.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12