Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kassad View Post
    I meant it helps to convince new runners that there is more than just dark holes to this game when they had a nice introduction.
    If they don't like dark holes, gritty sewers, and rundown alleys they won't get too happy with NC anyway
    Srsly, modern MMOs are too colorful imho...

Anyway i think Trivaldi is right with the fact that it gets pretty tiresome when you have to walk all the way with your low runspeed as noob. I'd place those new NPCs where the red marked walls are now but open up the zone to its old size anyway. this way players must not walk all the way but if they want to explore they still can!
    The best from both POVs, is that a deal?
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I mean can you have a guy at the door saying if you feel confident in your nc understanding feel free to leave but if you wanna spend some time here then stay.
    Well, all the NPCs do mention the GeneRep and paying for the GeneRep. But, I just checked it now, and, to be honest, you are right - it is a little bit too vague. When the guy next to the gravity lift mentions "GeneReplicator" there is no mention of what that is really, why I'd need to pay for it, or that it's a training area.

For me, he said: "You should get going. Talk to an administration employee. He will pay the GeneReplicator cost. After you arrive, you should get in touch with the recruitment department of the faction you have been assigned to. I wish you a productive life."

Could change it (guy next to grav lift) to something like: "You're welcome to stick around and hone your skills on the critters in the area, or if you want some creds, our -MC5- employees have a couple issues you could help with. When you want to leave, use the GeneReplicator outside, to the left of the ramp. I wish you a productive life."

Something like the above would imply that it is indeed a training area. It would also imply that the GeneReplicator is used to "leave" (thus the player could infer that it's a teleporter), and that you need money to use it, all without breaking the fourth wall.

Trivaldi and Drachenpaladin
    Triv, really appreciate the reply/discussion. : ) That sign bugged me too, haha!

MC5 is large, but, I never felt it was too big - for me it was just right, even as a newb

If the NPCs are added like Drachenpaladin said, where they are added but not-so-far-away (cool idea Drac), it would be cool to still make some scenes in those dead ends. Like, a little campsite with old beds, open-able crates, and a fire that's still burning... but no one's around. Creepy. One of my favorite scenes in Neocron is the abandoned houses on the beaches with the fence, and a skeleton inside... gave me chills.

Anyway, the point is: IF a player explored a remote canyon, he might be rewarded and meet an NPC who teaches you about recycling (etc). IF the player doesn't want to wander that far -- that's also fine!

It's cool when you could miss content. Makes it more rewarding if you do find it, I say : D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12