Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The REAL Walker

Only people who are leveling are recycling ammo tbh.
    And people who are leveling do NOT need Money sinks.

I have always just bought my ammo, on my pvp characters - Just like I do with medkits and stam boosters.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

no one has the transport to loot this stuff lol

If you remove ammo cloning you might as well remove the recycling skill since that is what 90% of the tradeskill is used for in nc. So just no generally. It's a steep curve already for noobs. Let them be. This is a change for change's sake. If its not broke.... Don't try to fix it.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

ok. after some discussion we seem to have a few common ideas:
    - loot drop of items can enhance the player experience, namely for low+mid chars
    - dropped items must be of medium quality, so that they're usable but dont interfere with the NC ecomomy
    - additional item drop shall be rare, comparable to warbots dropping tech parts
    - high- and mid/hi- loot items (beyond storm lasers, judgements) are considered problematic and need further discussion.

so heres a reworked "surprise loot" table:

mutants: better TL 4 nail pistol, better TL 5 street rifle, better TL 10 flamer (+bones)
    acolytes: better TL 5 energy ball
    plants: basic drugs
    hurler: TL 5 grenades (+hearts)
    butchee: basic kevlar lvl 1 armour, better TL 23 grenade launcher
    cyclops: better TL 34 rocket launcher (+hearts)
    sentinel: better TL 15 laser pistols
    mad copbot: better TL 36 gatlin pistol
    spiderbot: better TL 40 gatlin cannon

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    If you remove ammo cloning you might as well remove the recycling skill since that is what 90% of the tradeskill is used for in nc. So just no generally. It's a steep curve already for noobs. Let them be. This is a change for change's sake. If its not broke.... Don't try to fix it.
    Im not saying it was broke, people more often than not recycle more than they can carry which results in boxes, bags and other containers being full of excess ammo. This is all over the wastelands, more common at levelling points. I assume the server records what is stored in each container in a database. Increasing the size of that database can only be counter productive (although the game runs very smoothly in its current state) giving the server less to process can only be an advantage.

Like i said above, removing the ability to clone Hi-Tech ammo or certain types of ammo would be a compromise. Or even reducing the amount of cloned ammo would be a good option.

-= Fallen Angels - Titan =-
    | Smiler - Researcher | Mr Sandman - Constructor/Recycler | Lemmiwinks - Hacknet |
    | Haxxor - Droner | Zmiler - HC Tank |

Torg lots of people also don't like the idea. dont dismiss them.

Haxxor a better idea would be to wipe all the boxes once a day real time perhaps and then restore the default wood and metal pipes. This is if the excess load on the servers is so demanding. Otherwise tbh I would rather it wasn't messed with.

Alive and still kickin'! Haggis.at's Avatar

I like the idea from Torg - just like in the old days. Or just have a "mysterious Piece" drop every 100 or so mobs - which you then can "salvage" into said lowtech stuff... Like with those chocolate surprise eggs: A claw in every 7th egg

And for the economy - as if looting the junk, selling it at YO and buying stuff would be much trouble.. This is just for the atmosphere of the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Haggis.at View Post
    And for the economy - as if looting the junk, selling it at YO and buying stuff would be much trouble.. This is just for the atmosphere of the game...
    This was a good way to play in NC1 sell stuff at yo's then buy new stuff. I remember however that the drop rate for these weapons were unusally high. 3x Knuckledusters from Hurler's 2x Nail Guns from Mutants 2x Medecant Rifles from mutants, and this was on the majority of loots. For gameplay now if it was introduced it should be scaled back to a behind the scenes dice roll of 1-4 it its a 1 it drops all other numbers is doesn't.

Nobody is going to farm these low tl weapons that we're talking about because they arent worth a great deal.

End of NC1 begining to NC2 i made alot of money selling Level 1 bones looted from the aggie cellars it was easy as my tank could carry lots of them and they'd often drop in 2 and 3's.

-= Fallen Angels - Titan =-
    | Smiler - Researcher | Mr Sandman - Constructor/Recycler | Lemmiwinks - Hacknet |
    | Haxxor - Droner | Zmiler - HC Tank |

I like this idea.

A couple people have said they think it'll be an inconvenience because it's something extra to drop, and it's heavy so you wouldn't want to pocket it.

Firstly remember he's saying every 10th or 20th mob. If you kill 14 aggressor captains and the 15th one drops "cool gatlin rifle" are you really gonna be like, "aghhh pffffffttt I gotta drag this item out and drop it onto the ground??.. what a day.."
    ...C'mon!! You drop 3 types of booze and crappy weapon mods on the ground every time you kill an aggressor captain anyway!

*cough* I've always wanted a "Drop All" button ..

I think it'd be interesting, even if 95% of the time, no one will find real use out of that cool gatlin rifle (etc), but it'd just be nice for style/aesthetic.. not to mention the small possibility that someone might actually benefit from it, even if they are in the minority.

If you could salvage something using the recycle skill and a tool on the corpse then I would be happy. Make the recycling skill do something else more than it does at the moment. If successful make a new loot window open with said rifle etc in it and if not successful then just give the player a message saying they got some extra credits or some other junk from doing it.

i'm, not quite convinced of your "external salvaging" idea, william. i did a lot of salvaging this way in eve online, and it doesnt really add fun. right now salvage tools are "internal" and meant to use in your processor window, so you can try to reclaim weapon parts from a constructed slotless gun etc. plainy modifying the loot table to drop something interesting now and then would be much easier to implement.

If you could salvage something using the recycle skill and a tool on the corpse then I would be happy.
    To be honest this is a cool idea, but it would need a new tool added to the game, which sucks.

I mean, there's both a Remote and Personal implant tool, which is completely, completely ridiculous. It would make more sense if there's only one implant tool and you can use it to implant yourself, or others, but it's just not so -- tools that work in the processor (such as personal imp tool) seem to work different than the ones that go in your belt and can be equipped.

Since Salvage tool already has an internal-inventory function, I think they'd actually need to add a "Remote salvage tool" to work in first-person view.

(so I actually agree that it'd be simpler to just add them to the loot tables)
    Last edited by Izeo; 15-11-12 at 13:37.

Alive and still kickin'! Haggis.at's Avatar

If you could salvage something using the recycle skill and a tool on the corpse then I would be happy. .
    I agree, but we can keep it simpler - loot the weapon, use the salvage tool, voila
    @ Haxxor: I still earn my money with selling the lvl1 imps. Hearts, Chests, everything nets in nice cash

It works on a hack tool. It really isnt that hard to implement and it makes recycling worth while.

Torg i think you dont like the poster, not the post. It is a single click of a button. It is not meant to add fun. I dont see what you have against the idea per se. It is a different way of implementing your idea. A different take on things, that is all.

William: we got different opinions. you have shown in the past you can get along with a situation like this, so i'm asking you to use this skill over here as well.
    back to topic: i suggested putting little surprises to the loot table, like usable guns. you wanted to have an external salvaging tool (according to rep, imp tools) so you wouldnt loot a killed mob to make it despawn later, the "salvage" it to gain some additional items, then loot it. isnt this a simpler version of hacking? tool, skill, but no minigame?
    as i said: this brainport thread has forked into two branches, on two different ideas. lets just refer to either while discussing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast