Default [FIXED][#174] Rarepart drop algorithm appears to be skewed (not random)

I would like to see the rare drop chance of all parts be made equal. I do not want to see one part of a rare weapon being dropped any more or less than any other part. I think this is stupid and I would like to see all of the parts of the weapons stand an equal chance of dropping to one another. It helps the casual players who do not get long to play. I could have easily woc'ed a character before I find the last part to the non-woc gun that I want to get with all of the time I am playing.

Please can this be changed. Woc guns are a piece of cake to get (the missions) compared to rares.

This is at the very least the wrong way around.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Agree with this ^

Yeah but then just increase the difficulty of the WoC Runs ...

I am happy with that. I would just like to see the drop rates go back to NC1 days, yeah sure some weapon parts were hard to get hold of (Pain Easer Tech for example) but not like this.

yeah, tune down overall rare part drop to WB levels.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    Wait what?
    Fuck that, I dont wonna be farming for years to get my rares o.O
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I would like to see the rare drop chance of all parts be made equal. I do not want to see one part of a rare weapon being dropped any more or less than any other part. I think this is stupid and I would like to see all of the parts of the weapons stand an equal chance of dropping to one another. It helps the casual players who do not get long to play. I could have easily woc'ed a character before I find the last part to the non-woc gun that I want to get with all of the time I am playing.

Please can this be changed. Woc guns are a piece of cake to get (the missions) compared to rares.

This is at the very least the wrong way around.
    Agree^^

Disagree^^
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

Torg stop posting.

That kind of idea is what ruined NC in the first place. The drop rate is fine as it is. The KIND of parts dropped needs to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Torg stop posting.
    i will not cease expressing my opinion, regardless of any resistance to free expression by you or anyone else. no, really: you can't stand some else not agreeing with you on something? william: grow up and get a life. or, maybe, keep discussing. we're here to have fun, remember?

haha yeah that was fun for me.

Seriously though. Your opinion is valid as long as it can stand up to some criticism. That's what my last post said. The next line after your quote told you why I made the previous statement. Nothing personal, just an awful idea. No need for you to get personal. If you want to be taken seriously with an idea like that then it is a good idea to say why you think it is a good idea to do such things, not just throw out a half thought out idea like you did. That's what got you the criticism. The next two people agreed with me. I think that that confirms it is a pretty bad idea.

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

NC is about the end game, and always has been. Don't hinder peoples progress to that. I'd personally like a few more zones with good firemob spawns and an increase to the WB tech part drop.

since we got moderately populated servers, competition for hunting/farming grounds is more intense, right? so the game is more challenging than before, when you had all the best spots for yourself. instead of taking up the challenge, youre asking for measures to soften the competition? i'm not impressed.

since we got moderately populated servers, competition for hunting/farming grounds is more intense, right? so the game is more challenging than before, when you had all the best spots for yourself. instead of taking up the challenge, youre asking for measures to soften the competition? i'm not impressed.
    I'm far away from agreeing to most of Torgs posts but this one is VERY true!
    I really can't understand why people do not enjoy the competition for loot, OPs, caves, etc but want to run around alone all day.
    One of Neocrons biggest advantages is that it has no instances and thus can always meet other players that either help or fight you. Getting rid of this one or the other ways just rids Neocron from one of its core qualities!

The REAL Walker

Most of us enjoy the challenge that PvP gets us.. We need those techs to PvP (since not all of us are going for the easy WoC way).

The ONLY "challenge" lowering the tech droprate would bring, was to overcome the boredom of GRINDING.
    If you want endless amounts of grinding, go play WoW, or another of that kind of shitty MMO.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

It has nothing to do with hunting solo or levelling on my own. I am quite happy to kill all of you when you come to a zone I am levelling in. I will gladly fight you for the right to use that zone for a period of time that I see fit. To the victor go the spoils.

However this is about not having to farm for 100s of parts to get that one elusive part of a weapon that I need in order to be able to PVP. The problem is I will be progressing very well towards my woc level before I get the last part I need to pvp with a rare. By that point I might as well A) give up or B) go for the ridiculously easy to get Woc gun and woc level.

The game NEEDS to be about achieving PVP as soon as possible. Neocron is NOT built on the PvE content. Never has been, never will be.

Things like this issue are the reason so many people still have their LE's in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast