Thread: Regant Bossroom

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I agree that the nightmare should be more difficult. It should be an epic event and require a large group of players to take it on. It should be terrifying to take on and unthinkable to attempt it with a small group. This would mean people waiting around for teams for a while (especially if unclanned) so perhaps the doors to the nightmare, or even regeants itself, should only open at set times. People could then try to work their other things around it.
    Because of this, the xp/reward for killing it should be equally impressive. That thing probably eats a lot of runners so who knows what could pop out? As well as having it drop it's own unique item (on rare occasions) it should randomly drop items that can currently be found only in specific locations (bat queen bones, viper king armour, even some FSM only items). Going up against the nightmare should have players excited at the idea. Excited about the event, the teamwork, the xp and the loot, but it shouldn't be a farmable source like firemobs etc. Making it blisteringly difficult as well as the auto-lock doors would keep it in check.
    I suspect I may get death threats for this suggestion, especially the timed doors, so feel free to ignore.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Nah.
    Most things in NC can be achieved (often in fact, achieved best) by a small group of runners. I'm not in a big hurry for that to change.
    I could certainly get behind the addition of some kind of bigger challenge. However the current Regant's Legacy and NIghtmare are not the place or setup for it.
    Also, any changes for the Nightmare have to remember that it's also spawned in the Regant Lab bossfight, along with the rather evil Regant Himself.

nice ideas jodo but i think the casual accessibility of nc in todays modern mmo world should be retained. time locked doors go against this. i think its unfair to penalise/reward people on such a basis. scratch that one.

Loots and xp etc. Yes im in full agreement. it needs to be a thing that is a challenge. stock up that room with mobs that actually do stuff and arent just a pile of xp waiting to be reaped is definitely something that needs to be addressed. Put some Mutant super warriors like the mc5 bots in there with the plasma rifles from the regant run as mentioned. that would beef it up. Keep in mind though that it is a contingent for the AK quest and, while also being somewhat easy in comparison to other gun runs, still needs to be accessible to runners.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Fair enough. I've always felt disappointed that "The Nightmare" is something people seem to do while reading a book.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

If Regant boos room get a fix then crp/catlock and all those similar cave need one too. No reason that 120/120 doesnt deal any damage and 60/60 can kill anyone (who's not rly paying attention or watever).

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

It feels like 2004 in here...

I know this is the brain port, and all suggestions are welcomed, but I feel messing with regants in unnecessary.

I am all for making pve a challenge AFTER classes have been balanced, and pve itself is fixed and made fun. Right now it is a mess. fixing regants right now is akin to trying to make a piece of shit into a cute brick with your hands.

To be honest, until pve is fixed, I like regants being an easy mode leveling option. The rest of the game's pve is boring as shit and not too fun at all.

You either out range something so you aren't 4 shotted, play a droner since you can solo most content, or play with a ppu glued to your ass. All that needs to be fixed first.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Forget My Name View Post
    To be honest, until pve is fixed, I like regants being an easy mode leveling option. The rest of the game's pve is boring as shit and not too fun at all.
    THIS!!

Easy leveling > slow boring grind

And I want people to kill.. Dont want people to level for months tbh.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    THIS!!

Easy leveling > slow boring grind

And I want people to kill.. Dont want people to level for months tbh.
    Levelling is part of game and always will be.

-= Fallen Angels - Titan =-
    | Smiler - Researcher | Mr Sandman - Constructor/Recycler | Lemmiwinks - Hacknet |
    | Haxxor - Droner | Zmiler - HC Tank |

Bit of a patronizing response? I agree with forget my name and dropout tbh.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Everyone wants things easier, and everything handed to them.
    I don't know what the OP said cause it was so garbled but you can run straight through Regants to the boss room and it can be cleared in under a minute. Hardly a challenge there at all.

-= Fallen Angels - Titan =-
    | Smiler - Researcher | Mr Sandman - Constructor/Recycler | Lemmiwinks - Hacknet |
    | Haxxor - Droner | Zmiler - HC Tank |

Sweeping generalisations to go along with a very pedantic previous post. You're on a roll tonight. Did you ever hear the phrase when youre in a hole stop digging.

Seriously. The OP wants regants to be harder. How many times has this sort of stuff come up. NC is not a fluffy carebear PVE game. It has survived based on its pvp element. The quicker more people get to be able to do that the better.

If you want a challenge in pve then go play some single player games or play wow or 100 other pve games. What exactly is wrong with easy levelling? It gets people into the pvp that much faster. That can only be a good thing.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    If you want a challenge in pve then go play some single player games or play wow or 100 other pve games. What exactly is wrong with easy levelling? It gets people into the pvp that much faster. That can only be a good thing.
    This.
    I do not want NC to become another shitty pve game. Its all about the pvp and the faster people get to the fun part (..pvp) the better.

Sorry for the short replies today btw - SO tired.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Equally, if you want fast PvP go play counterstrike.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    Those games (CS, BF, CoD and so on) are missing some pretty important Things that NC has.. Like the ability to make an awesome setup..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Jodo View Post
    I do regularly.

I like the dip in and out pvp of nc to be honest. I like the change of pace from BF3. I play Skyrim for the Pve.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast