Thread: Regant Bossroom

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Regant Bossroom

The Regant Bossroom is just as broken as AoE drones and should be fixed aswell. Anything else would be a huge disadvantage for spies.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    The Regant Bossroom is just as broken as AoE drones and should be fixed aswell. Anything else would be a huge disadvantage for spies.
    Realy, its broken? just like AoE'ing drones? someone get this guys outta here !

Simple Solution: remove the boss room :P

The Nightmare should be made to be an actual threat, for one thing. Maybe the Crawlers should be able to do some kind of non-negligible ranged damage, as well.
    Also, toss in some of the gun and melee-using Regant's Mobs from Regant's Lab in Gaia Mine.

What an incredibly well structured and well thought out suggestion.
    TITAN
    Fenyx Rifle Spy - Fenix PPU Monk -
    Draven HC Tank - Turkish Pistol PE -
    Magneto Slotgod - Fenix-Res Researcher -

I wish NC's soundtrack was a bit more like this ...

Xenocell's indiegogo fundraiser!, mmo fps-rts that ive worked on, check it out

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Regant mobs in general need sorting out. Crawlers need to be more consistent, rather than alternating between doing nothing and instagib...

Well, the bossroom obviously doesn t match the difficulty level of other caves with mobs ranked that high. And since it can be soloed by mid lvl players and gives incredible amounts of xp and money it's obviously broken. Everyone saying something else is obviously just in fear of loosing his shortcut to easy xp/money and will be handled as a troll by me.

As to fixing it: Just give the mobs the same shooting mechanics that the chaos creeps have, maybe give them their own later when the gms have more time.

Everyone saying something else is obviously just in fear of loosing his shortcut to easy xp/money and will be handled as a troll by me.
    I dont go to regants, atall, cant stand the place, and the ambient audio there does my damn head in. But treat me as a troll after your opening post and you'll find out why i had an 8 year ban on these forums.

Your opening post to this thread was laughable, no effort put in, no suggested fix at the time of posting, and no real reasoning to why you feel it is 'broken', however granted, it is widely viewed as 'the place to level' just by how more efficient it is to get XP there then at other places due to the way most the mobs are melee, and everyone has range to kill them...

There are already regents mobs in game that have ranged weapons, their used in the dungeon off the gaya mines, forget which mission thats for, but there would be no harm to either lore or aesthetics if they were also introduced into regants legacy.

The boss, considering his size, should have an AOE that effects the whole room, not just around him but the whole room, passed as some kind of tremor i guess if people want a logical excuse for an attack like that (From a 40 foot high mutant that shits out acid Oo ....)
    TITAN
    Fenyx Rifle Spy - Fenix PPU Monk -
    Draven HC Tank - Turkish Pistol PE -
    Magneto Slotgod - Fenix-Res Researcher -

I wish NC's soundtrack was a bit more like this ...

Xenocell's indiegogo fundraiser!, mmo fps-rts that ive worked on, check it out

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Regant mobs in general need sorting out. Crawlers need to be more consistent, rather than alternating between doing nothing and instagib...
    This. And the melee mobs needs to actually hit you AND do damage aswell.
    As it is one can just run past everything, all the way to the boss room.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Alive and still kickin'! Haggis.at's Avatar

Can confirm Instagib
    I was there my 1st time some days ago and I like the place - a little too empty, eerie, giving me the creeps - just like a good old fashioned horror movie.
    Never seen the boss room though, we had no PPU to rez me ^^

Alive and still kickin'! Haggis.at's Avatar

Delete
    Last edited by Haggis.at; 14-11-12 at 02:01. Reason: Double Post

Make the boss room Smaller, Remove all the boxes, Increase number of mobs there.

-= Fallen Angels - Titan =-
    | Smiler - Researcher | Mr Sandman - Constructor/Recycler | Lemmiwinks - Hacknet |
    | Haxxor - Droner | Zmiler - HC Tank |

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haxxor View Post
    Make the boss room Smaller, Remove all the boxes, Increase number of mobs there.
    Remove all zones from the game, Make only one zone, Remove all geometry except for a flat ground, Make all mobs able to shoot across the entire zone.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

giggidi giggidi gooo Ghostface_Speak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haxxor View Post
    Removing the Boxes & swapping some Sluggers with Regant-Troopers (armed with Plasmaweapons) may do the trick.
    Troopers need to have their Combatrank increased for this to work,tho.

If contamination would work the way it did in NC 2.1,this whole topic wouldn't exist btw
    Inspector Mittens

GREAT OPENING POST. clearly well thought out and logical. Definitely in the right place too considering this is the brain port. maybe we should create a 2nd subforum called the Nobrainport and put some of the threads like the opening posters in to there.

oh wait im gonna get ignored/treated as a troll. NOOOOO. back on topic. Yes excellent idea to add in the mutant troopers. that would spice it up AND make the difficulty that bit harder. (ps the troopers are from the regant pa run)

Also yes the nightmare does need to be tougher if not a total nightmare but then pve in general needs an overhaul. I think that the instances like regants should be there for teams and the wastes should contain areas that are there for solo players as this will cater more for each style of play. Not everyone always wants to team up or be solo. mix it up for the sake of fun. Caves for teaming fun for definite.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast