Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

So far, I have found that I am able to equal or surpass other runners of roughly the same combat rank as me in pve for damage.

So far, the only weapon I have found to be a disappointment is the Perforator. That thing needs a damage boost. Other than the rare knuckle, my damage out put is great. I wouldn't mind a slight boost over all. I feel Melee should do the most damage out of all the weapon types, and giving melee, say, 10% more damage would make it viable for leveling.

The frequency of my attacks are perfect, no adjustments needed there. I have zero issues with frequency.

There is a HUGE "BORING" lull I just came across... There are no new weapons to use between base strength 68 and 78. That is 10 painful levels without any sort of weapon upgrade. I am now base strength 68, and the next 10 levels I can see are going to be hell...

I am going to give Regants a try. Of course, I have to avoid the genetoxic crawlers...

I personally feel that Melee weapons should give you equal exp for Con and Strength.

Also, Melee chips should come with resists as standard. I think that would be a great fix for Melee.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

The problem with melee is not in the PVE damage it's in the PVP damage, or lack thereof.

Well... Regants was okay... The chest bursters are hard as balls to hit with melee, but they are okay... Damn Genetoxic crawlers kill me in one laggy life hit...

Ugh...
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

my techs for trade

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

The damage on those mobs is bugged, also melee range is much better than people seem to think. You can hit shit from (rough estimate) like 10 in game feet away.

Melee became too slow and hard to level. Anything above Launcher Cyclopses just destroy me. it was fun and decently quick for level, but once I hit roughly strength 68, game was over.

I lom'd to HC. I'll cap him like this, then lom back to MC for pvp.

my techs for trade

Meele seriously needs a boost in damage and the ability to add mods for Xray, Fire and Poison damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Forget My Name View Post
    Melee became too slow and hard to level. Anything above Launcher Cyclopses just destroy me. it was fun and decently quick for level, but once I hit roughly strength 68, game was over.

I lom'd to HC. I'll cap him like this, then lom back to MC for pvp.
    You need some grenades in the boss room bro. Melee needs 'nades man.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I like the idea of moving 'nades to melee.
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    You need some grenades in the boss room bro. Melee needs 'nades man.
    Hear hear!!!!

my techs for trade

Why not put say an 25% increase in melee weapon dmg across the board in the next test patch so we can all see if that equals things out a bit or it needs more / less. I also think the clip fix will have an effect on melee pvp.
    Poke me baby, one more time!

Quote Originally Posted by Britney View Post
    Why not put say an 25% increase in melee weapon dmg across the board in the next test patch so we can all see if that equals things out a bit or it needs more / less. I also think the clip fix will have an effect on melee pvp.
    remains to be seen how its handling the new player position. if your foe is in one place on your screen, i think theres now no guarantee there anywhere near that position, which will lead to the old melee bug of doing absolutely no damage atall because the range check fails even though youre at their feet on your screen.
    TITAN
    Fenyx Rifle Spy - Fenix PPU Monk -
    Draven HC Tank - Turkish Pistol PE -
    Magneto Slotgod - Fenix-Res Researcher -

I wish NC's soundtrack was a bit more like this ...

Xenocell's indiegogo fundraiser!, mmo fps-rts that ive worked on, check it out

Melee needs more defense.

I have found that pve damage is roughly fine as it is. Anything higher than a Launcher Cyclopes just destroys the melee user.

Also, aoe.

my techs for trade

The REAL Walker

Melee needs more defense.

I have found that pve damage is roughly fine as it is. Anything higher than a Launcher Cyclopes just destroys the melee user.

Also, aoe.
    Unfortunately that will conflict with PvP balance..
    They need more damage in PvP, less stam drain and the weapons shouldnt break from a couple of hours PvP.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Unfortunately that will conflict with PvP balance..
    They need more damage in PvP, less stam drain and the weapons shouldnt break from a couple of hours PvP.
    My goal isn't to make melee "good" for pvp by lomming over to it afetr leveling with HC. My goal is to make melee a viable weapon choice through out 100% of the game.

The developers know this. They know that pvp is end game, and pve is the rest of the game, and what keeps new players hooked into the entire game is their first experiences, and that is pve.

If melee defense isn't to be raised, then quite simply, the deadliness of all monsters need to be reduced, otherwise melee is just a novelty weapon choice to be lom'd over to at end game.

I am also curious... what do you mean by "couple hours of pvp"? I am confused by this.

my techs for trade

I am also curious... what do you mean by "couple hours of pvp"? I am confused by this.
    The rate of decay on melee weapons is awful.
    TITAN
    Fenyx Rifle Spy - Fenix PPU Monk -
    Draven HC Tank - Turkish Pistol PE -
    Magneto Slotgod - Fenix-Res Researcher -

I wish NC's soundtrack was a bit more like this ...

Xenocell's indiegogo fundraiser!, mmo fps-rts that ive worked on, check it out

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast