Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post

Heh thats probably the single worst idea I have ever heard.. Wipe all XP?!

I was using dramatic exagerration. Rather than a full wipe and re-do with fixes, the solution is not to punish people for being honest and to leave the drones, Ceres, and MC-5 as is, and punish people exploiting them rather than ruining the game for the honest people.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by The Pope View Post
    No Walker i am not kidding.

You cant honestly think Droning is easier than lobbing grenades off a wall into a pack of mobs..

Droning is really only good for 2 reasons.. 1. Fastest XP available for a Spy. 2. You dont have to worry so much about dying (though it still happens quite a bit.)
    The down side to drones is huge! 1. ITS F'ING BORING!!! 2. ITS F'ING BORING!!! 3. Half of the NC world is considered a safe spot. 4. Limited ammo 5. ITS F'ING BORING!!! 6. Most drones suck, only good ones are the RK and the PN which is a rare.
    The list of reasons to hate drones could go on for another paragraph im sure, but you get the point.
    Droning is much easyer IMO.
    Drones do not do their best to kill you - granade launchers do (people that walks infront of you).
    You dont actually have to worry about getting pokes (downtime in leveling), because you wont die as a droner - at the very max you will Loose a drone.
    Drones are cheap as hell and can be storebought without it having a big impact on the drone performance.
    Sure there are not many different viable drones, but the ones that are viable does a fuckton of damage.

I definately do agree with you, that droning is boring though.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I have to point out the fact that we had fully capped people within a day of the server going live. We cannot hope to reach our goal of having a fair and balanced server when there is so many accusations of GMs capping people and giving items.

I cant say whether or not the GMs actually capped anyone, but i do know how long it takes to cap a tank, even when you have all your weapons laid out in your gogu and your attack plan scheduled, and even 2 days is a little too quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Droning is much easyer IMO.
    Drones do not do their best to kill you - granade launchers do (people that walks infront of you).
    You dont actually have to worry about getting pokes (downtime in leveling), because you wont die as a droner - at the very max you will Loose a drone.
    Drones are cheap as hell and can be storebought without it having a big impact on the drone performance.
    Sure there are not many different viable drones, but the ones that are viable does a fuckton of damage.

I definately do agree with you, that droning is boring though.
    Thats personal preference then, but i think it has been shown many times over that leveling as a tank is quicker xp than droning.
    No part of RK drones is cheap when you are leveling, and in most caves and regants droners actually die a lot. Its hard to grab agro on mobs that roam around and the chances of them roaming into you is moderately high.

Shooting yourself with nades is lulz.. LE saves you from a lot of that hassle, and learning to aim will save you from the rest, scrub.

I KID! I KID! <3 you Walker

Default Another band-aid fix...

Disabling AoE on drones has got to one of the worst "fixes" that I've ever read in any patchnotes, ever...

How are you going to balance or fix PvE/mob damage, just remove all mobs from the game except for the mutant type?

wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    But that was predictable from the moment Titan launched without patch 175 - that now was the time to abuse the system as much as possible before things.
    That is the real fail here.

Titan should never have launched without 175.

I have to point out the fact that we had fully capped people within a day of the server going live. We cannot hope to reach our goal of having a fair and balanced server when there is so many accusations of GMs capping people and giving items.

I cant say whether or not the GMs actually capped anyone, but i do know how long it takes to cap a tank, even when you have all your weapons laid out in your gogu and your attack plan scheduled, and even 2 days is a little too quick.
    This is simply not true and it will not become true if you repeat it over and over again.
    We have looked into this issue and triple checked GM activity. Now, I too have said this a few times: I do not take any attacks and rants against the teams ability to improve things or the overall state of Neocron personal, but if you publicly question the integrity of the people wasting a 40h/week on top of their regular jobs on keeping NC afloat for you with nothing but hearsay or spindoctored arguments to back it up, I wont let this happen. Please refrain from this in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Morton View Post
    That is the real fail here.

Titan should never have launched without 175.
    NC should have never been published by CDV, KK should not have been sold out to 10tacle, KK should have never diverted efforts from NC to BP,
    KK should have never gone bancrupt, Some asshole should not have DDoSed NC causing a premature launch of Titan. I totally agree.

Now, one last thing on drones:

Do us all the favour and drop this topic for now. There is a ton of stuff that needs your attention on the Public Test Server and this panic laden nonsense is taking away the focus on stuff fixed AND stuff broken. We have rebuild major parts of the deployment and the testserver is a complete recompile that is bound to have issues that need to be identified, fixed and reviewed. Should we approach #175 retail and drones are not yet fixed - thats when I'll stop deleting "omg drone!!11" comments from this section. Until then, all has been said on that topic.

This is a testserver and everything is subject to change until we put up a release candidate patch for retail. Many have asked for a way to help Neocron make the transition to a better future - here is your chance. So please for the love of Crahn - stop the crusade and get to work. If you are just out to complain, this is not the place for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Removing Aoe drones is the dumbest thing they could do at this point.
    temporary measure on a test server, just wait it out and see what goes to retail
    TITAN
    Fenyx Rifle Spy - Fenix PPU Monk -
    Draven HC Tank - Turkish Pistol PE -
    Magneto Slotgod - Fenix-Res Researcher -

I wish NC's soundtrack was a bit more like this ...

Xenocell's indiegogo fundraiser!, mmo fps-rts that ive worked on, check it out

Every time i clicked to turn a page i kept thinking one thought. This is a test server patch. This is excellent news and this reminds me of the good(bad) old days when someone had a change that they didnt like.

Its still a test server patch. Maybe another change comes in before it hits retail. In the mean time why cry about it on the forum when it hasnt happened. roll a droner and get levelling instead of bitching on the forum.

That said its nice to see passion from the community for their beloved nc even if it is somewhat misguided.

For people who are screaming about the "nerf" learn to play and adapt. there are other ways to level.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I'm pretty sure no one was capped after 24 hours lol, if they were ... it's would probably of been a dev's alt or something. They too busy working on the game, and tbh I'd me more worried if they were spending loads of time leveling as it means less time on development. I still don't think anyone was capped that early, I was on from day one the minute the servers opened and didn't see people capping or getting close until about a week or mby 3-5 days after earliest.
    > Caster : relax we are not here fir pvp
    >You lost a little sympathy with The Crahn Sect. > You lost a little sympathy with Tangent Technologies. > You lost a little soullight.
    > we are
    > You lost a little sympathy with The Crahn Sect. > You lost a little sympathy with CityAdmin. > You lost a little soullight.
    > think yaself lucky boy

Well, there was one guy, who had skillrank 62 on day 1, you could see it in the term's statistics. But as long as it's just one guy I don' t really care. Even though that guy may be a bitch, the guy who capped him certainly deserved to cap one of his friends by setting up the server.

As to the drones: It' certainly too late, but better than never. Maybe the GMs should just think about perma banning a few of the guys who obviously got a lot of stuff out of exploiting in the first weeks. The GMs know who they are or can easily find out. Maybe also ban a few of the ppl who were only temp banned or banned and then unbanned after begging the gms.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    Well, there was one guy, who had skillrank 62 on day 1, you could see it in the term's statistics. But as long as it's just one guy I don' t really care. Even though that guy may be a bitch, the guy who capped him certainly deserved to cap one of his friends by setting up the server.
    I'm pretty sure that that was due to some error that he started out capped, not that he managed to exploit to cap on the first day.
    It still bothers me that they let him keep that character, but if it's a GM's character, then I guess it's okay.

On topic:
    I, for one, hope that the drone aoe nerf makes it to retail, even though I doubt that it will; it's pretty much what I've been asking for.
    Yes, it doesn't do much for the ones who capped, wocced, and got their MC5's in the first week, but those guys will be banned soon enough. When they start banevading and bring their scumbag friends to Titan, they won't be able to just pound out another Spy in a couple days.

Even more than that, I'm loving the technical fixes in this patch! It's amazing to be able to alt-tab now! Just for this alone, I hope 165 makes it to retail right away.

Lets focus on the important things:

- Clipping is now pretty much non-existent. We testet this a bit yesterday by running fast around a corner. The one that is running is very good aim and hitable. We'll test this in the wastes on hills too.
    Very very good work.

- PPU spells like heal need more time to cast. If you cast heal like before and switch to another spell, the heal doesnt arrive.
    I dont know how to rate this. Some say it will kill PVP. Is this intended?

- Alt-Tab works without crashing now. On retail i have a 50% chance to fatal.
    On test it didnt crash once, but i only alt-tabbed about ten times.

- Did you adress the reloading bug? Had no time to test.

- I dropped to the login screen pretty often yesterday. Login - play 5 sec, dropped out. That happend three times with about 10 drop-outs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWeedster View Post
    - Did you adress the reloading bug? Had no time to test.
    It's not mentioned in the patchnotes:
    http://forum.neocron.com/showthread....TS-Patch-Notes

Maybe this will be addressed later. There are 2 threads in the bug section about this already.

Regards

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast