Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Im going to continue to level all 3 of my spies as I have been since the start of Titan and all will be fully capped in a few more weeks. Just so I can laugh at anyone who says spies cant be levelled.

P.s I have not droned for one second on titan. There is more than one way to level a spy fast.

I have two trade skillers both currently sitting at Dex/Int 70ish and neither has droned. Ever

I am currently only getting about 1 level per half hour or so and it is showing signs of slowing down but I think I can cap all 3 in another week or two.
    My rifle spy is 98 dex/94 int base, and ive mostly just hunted warbots with him or teamed for caves. My researcher is base 98 int now too, neither of them droned. It does just take a bit of time and work to do it.

However I do think the 'temporary' removal of all AOE drones is a bit of a kick in the teeth fix for reasons stated above. those that have blatantly not played by the same ruleset have been walking aorund with woc dex for a few weeks now
    TITAN
    Fenyx Rifle Spy - Fenix PPU Monk -
    Draven HC Tank - Turkish Pistol PE -
    Magneto Slotgod - Fenix-Res Researcher -

I wish NC's soundtrack was a bit more like this ...

Xenocell's indiegogo fundraiser!, mmo fps-rts that ive worked on, check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I posted above that in order to fix it so that tradeskillers can level up-- how about increasing the XP received when constructing or researching? As it is, almost every tradeskiller will want to level up as a droner. This has been trashed at the moment, so can we go with a real solution for people who care about tradeskills?
    This.

I do get the impression that all the talk about the tradeskillers not being able to level without drones means in fact that people have gotten used to this kind of easy leveling and farming too much.

I level my traders without drones, and it's fun. Only thing I miss at the moment are possible places to go after the launcher cylcops for my pistol conster. That is more of a subject for me than drones. And ofc like Legato I want much more XP for doing trader stuff like consting, bartering, ressing, and doing missions.

NC's mechanics can be abused too easily with drones, so people should get over it. If there can be a solution there will be, I am sure. I think we should primarily be happy about these volunteers working their asses off to do something that hasn't been done in years: provide a new working stable patch. Even if there are changes that you don't like.

Regards

All this outrage is a disgrace, some of the comments are really disrespectful to the dev team who are providing this game free of charge.

To clarify you are owed nothing, and if you can't see that the dev team are working towards creating a stable and balanced game then you shouldn't play.

-= Fallen Angels - Titan =-
    | Smiler - Researcher | Mr Sandman - Constructor/Recycler | Lemmiwinks - Hacknet |
    | Haxxor - Droner | Zmiler - HC Tank |

I agree with most of what dWintermut and a couple others have just said about shafting the Spy class considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by dWintermut3 View Post
    Removing more content for "fixing" will create great concern among the playerbase, it's already started in OOC chat. There is a great feeling that the game is sliding backwards.
    I found Titan was up and running a bit later than most people by the looks of it. And what I noticed immediately is that despite the so called anti-exploiting stance, very little would appear to be done about it. I know this particular part of my post will be going a bit off topic, but anyway. Only the very severe exploiters appears to be dealt with in any meaningful way, the others simply carry on and laugh in your face, and say you have no life when you confront them (yes, Boy, whatever your forum account name is, I'm talking about you ). For starters there needs to be an overhaul in the way exploiters are dealt with. You should be able to submit an in-game ticket for a GM to catch them in the act. Submitting a ticket and being responded with "Send essay of information already associated with a ticket, and proof to exploits@neocron.info" is a retarded approach in most cases. You can submit a ticket when you're trapped somewhere, but not when someone is cheating and as is often the case, destroying the value of the economy.

While I can appreciate removing/disabling something to stop further exploiting, it does seem it's a bit late.

If someone is caught exploiting, as mentioned, they shouldn't just get a slap on the wrist, such as a warning. If it's evident that it's far from an accidental situation, they should have some other form of in-game punishment as well. Remove half of their experience, wipe all their WoC levels, whatever it may be. When they know they can get away with it, they'll keep doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    I do get the impression that all the talk about the tradeskillers not being able to level without drones means in fact that people have gotten used to this kind of easy leveling and farming too much.
    This seems to be a recurring theme mentioned so far. That is, assuming all the droner spies are trying to power level yet another tradeskiller. For many of us, we're no longer 13, 14, 15. We can't spend 8 hours a time levelling to WoC with rifles. And when you're starting your first character on a new server from scratch, droning makes sense. You do whatever is the most efficient. I did end up putting aside about 7 hours to get the character moving along, only to find it was rolled back and had to start again. When the patchnotes were released just now, I found AoE drones are kaput, and I'd just spent 250k on getting some RK1000 blueprints researched, and the weaponparts to build them (near enough all my cash). So I definitely fit into the camp of those who are going to need to farm using crap drones for a long time, just to work up the money to pay someone to research and construct a bunch of rifles I can actually use (since pistols are unviable for most solo PvM).
    "If you think it's simple, then you have misunderstood the problem." -Bjarne Stroustrup

With all this whining about AOE Drones being disabled you guys forget that team XP is now calculated correctly. What about we see how that turns out until we bitch on? And what is a few months of waiting time (and I doubt that it will be months) compared to the years we've been waiting already?
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by Haxxor View Post
    All this outrage is a disgrace, some of the comments are really disrespectful to the dev team who are providing this game free of charge.

To clarify you are owed nothing, and if you can't see that the dev team are working towards creating a stable and balanced game then you shouldn't play.
    Disrespectful ? Hardly.

AFAIK, disabling AOE drones is the quick-fix to answer complains in the community.
    If anything, community needs to grow up and realize AOE drones have always been this way, and that they are simply part of the arsenal available to spies for making damage.

I have seen runners in-game with /36 chars waste their time, frapsing/reporting, and generally trying to be a GM telling other runners how to play.
    Those runners are the reason the DEV team is applying this AOE removal in #175.
    I fell these runners need to stop complaining to get the DEV to adjust the game to their styles of play.

All in all, I'm simply worried that the next class to be complained about will be nerfed just like we see now. Way I see things, next will probably be APU's barrels be removed from game because it is possible to solo caves using them.
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

I think disabling drones without adding anything extra is unfair to people just starting out. I see people in game trading rares who have 1000 techs to trade, and you cant tell me that they have done this legit.
    All I hope for is that mob damage is reduced so you can actually level without hiding around a corner or being on the other side of the zone.
    But I have to say as far as the current server is going it has completely killed NC for me, the community has gone down hill and is basically full of exploiters/inconsiderate nobs to put it bluntly. I believe I have more fun reading the forum than actually getting in game these days.
    A man walks into a bar...... Owch

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

You know, I remember when levelling via drones was a thing it was known you could do, but most spies levelled pistol or rifle. They still can. Contrasting HC tank levelling rates with drones is a little silly - one is much, much faster than the other.

Yeah, it's sledgehammer. And yeah, it's rewarding all those who took the piss fastest. But that was predictable from the moment Titan launched without patch 175 - that now was the time to abuse the system as much as possible before things. And still is of course, in the time between now and the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Unrestrained View Post
    I think disabling drones without adding anything extra is unfair to people just starting out. I see people in game trading rares who have 1000 techs to trade, and you cant tell me that they have done this legit.
    It is very hard to hunt for rares with a droner, because the drone doesn't loot. Most of the community's rare farming is done with rhinos and rifle spys, with the exception of DoY tunnels and cave bosses. From my experience, hunting firemobs is by far a better source of unressed that the tunnels.

I can personally harvest a good 25-30 unressed in one evening with my rifle spy. When you have a clan with a dozen or so people farming rares everyday, do the math it's very easy to get 1000 rares within one month.
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

Quote Originally Posted by Unrestrained View Post
    Team effort ftw. I have 600 parts listed, and only collected about 40 of them

You are right about the inconsiderate noobs, but wrong about the exploiters..
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    I have seen runners in-game with /36 chars waste their time, frapsing/reporting, and generally trying to be a GM telling other runners how to play.
    I fell these runners need to stop complaining to get the DEV to adjust the game to their styles of play.
    Cheating isn't a gameplay style or tactic, it's cheating, simple as. The very fact that people (me included) have been complaining about people exploiting the game mechanics shows that's it's those people (probably including yourself based on what you just said) that have caused them to be removed (as much as I don't like the decision myself). We're the ones trying to get THEM to play without cheating. Titan was a good effort toward getting Neocron active again, and active it is, but it would seem in a bad way. To the point where many of us 'normal' users don't want to put up with this crap anymore. If it's going to be like this, you might as well just delete Titan and get everyone back to Terra.
    "If you think it's simple, then you have misunderstood the problem." -Bjarne Stroustrup

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post

AFAIK, disabling AOE drones is the quick-fix to answer complains in the community.
    If anything, community needs to grow up and realize AOE drones have always been this way, and that they are simply part of the arsenal available to spies for making damage.

All in all, I'm simply worried that the next class to be complained about will be nerfed just like we see now. Way I see things, next will probably be APU's barrels be removed from game because it is possible to solo caves using them.

^^^ exactly. This only happened because of all the QQ about it. People that don't know how to play this game well assume that if ppl have lots of tech/rares it's because of cheats. You couldn't be more wrong. Go to the canyons and count the rhinos. All the exploiting droners, they are you constructors/reseachers/barters. Not the Tanks/PPU's running around with rares fighting in OP's. All this nerf is, is just trying to appease the masses in OOC chat. I also like the ppl posting about how this isn't a big deal, as they run around with their HC tanks or APU's. You'd be crying if you lose your aoe cannon's or barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by unreal View Post
    Cheating isn't a gameplay style or tactic, it's cheating, simple as. The very fact that people (me included) have been complaining about people exploiting the game mechanics shows that's it's those people (probably including yourself based on what you just said) that have caused them to be removed (as much as I don't like the decision myself). We're the ones trying to get THEM to play without cheating. Titan was a good effort toward getting Neocron active again, and active it is, but it would seem in a bad way. To the point where many of us 'normal' users don't want to put up with this crap anymore. If it's going to be like this, you might as well just delete Titan and get everyone back to Terra.
    Just because he doesn't speak of those players in high regard doesn't mean he's a cheater. The problems is most people that spam about exploiters have no proof. I've seen lots of people just say cuz they are mad a droner is there or something of that nature. I've never exploited with droning (or any other) and have been harassed by players saying they are taking pictures or sending a ticket. it's absurd.

The real problem is everyone is assuming everyone else is cheating. Not that everyone actually is.

Constructor Extraordinaire Jameson Clarke's Avatar

You've got to break a few eggs to make an omelette. Let's give these guys a chance to prove their capacity to fix issues quickly without putting us in limbo.

I mean, by all means, you can just not play the game if AoE drones being disabled until a fix is found if it is that big of a deal to you. Sure, I love my RG-1000s and RK-1000s, but if I need to sacrifice them for a temporary period of time for a step forward, then so be it.

[QUOTE=unreal;2194005]Cheating isn't a gameplay style or tactic, it's cheating, simple as. The very fact that people (me included) have been complaining about people exploiting the game mechanics shows that's it's those people (probably including yourself based on what you just said) that have caused them to be removed (as much as I don't like the decision myself). We're the ones trying to get THEM to play without cheating./QUOTE]

Might I remind you, cheating is safespotting the drone, not simply using them.

Nowadays on Titan, a lot of runners just start accusing people of exploiting as soon as they see a drone, regardless of the position/usage of the drone. Using drones for leveling is not cheating.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast