Default [R#175/6] Test Patch Discussion

Last edited by Mokoi; 25-10-12 at 02:08.
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    [*] Temporarily disabled area drones[/LIST]
    Droning is going to be dead now. Temporarily? I'm guessing months. 6+ at best. I dislike this.

I do like the other changes, though. Good to see some bugs being fixed! Especially alt-tab fixes.

Exactly, "Temp" is for god knows how long. Thanks for all the QQ on drones. Every class in NC has now been nerfed/broken.

I understand that we are not paying customers, but you should see all of the talk in OOC chat right now. It's pretty much an outrage (on both sides) about aoe drones. So can you give us an answer what TEMPORARILY means?

Also, when do you expect this patch to be live?

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    Temporarily disabled area drones
    1) Neocron is now going to consist of only leveling AOE Tanks and AOE Monks, and the occasional AOE Pistol/Grenade PE. Leveling without AOE is something no one likes to do, and this change will effectively kill off the Spy class.

2) New Tradeskillers are going to cease to exist. The majority of people use Droning only so they can LOM over to tradeskilling.

3) We all know temporarily is going to be many months.

I already got my capped Constructor and high end Researcher done, so this change doesn't effect me one bit, but it will effect many, many new players who just want to tradeskill (within a reasonable amount of time, not 3 months of rifle usage), but now can't.

I guess business is going to be booming for me
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

I for one am very happy about the temporary removal of AOE drones. I do, however think AoE rifles/pistols need to be considered so all classes have a fair run of AoE levelling.

Also... mob damage is so high. Spies are going to struggle.

Exactly. I had literally just lommed up so I could level up as a droner then switch to researcher. I have almost lost my motivation to do much of anything on the spy now. Who knows when the patch will be live and how soon before it is "fixed"

How about in this SAME patch, you make it so constructing and researching actually gives you worthwhile XP? If you did that, then new tradeskillers will not be put off.

Changes of this patch will go live after it has been thoroughly tested and remaining or new issues that need fixing have been addressed.
    Disabling AoE drones ist obviously not what we consider a fix for the problem and you can and are right to expect us to fix this issue at the core at the soonest possibility.
    Those who claim that "temporarily" implies a timeframe of XYZ are doing so without any foundation. Help us test patches and report back issues and you will see that we have no intention to return to the "old days" of waiting ages for big patches that end up breaking stuff all over the place. We have deliberately kept this patch concise, knowing that smaller and focussed patches can be pushed out with less risk in faster intervals.
    Asking for specific dates or timeframes however, is mute as everything we do is subject to various influence factors that we cannot control completely, thus when we do not provide an exact ETA there is good reason.
    As I have heared people complaining that exploits x/y/z are not mentioned in the patchnotes: We do not provide details on exploits that are still open to abuse on retail. Issue #1 on the patchlog can be seen as a meta issue for a number of other issues we cannot talk about here.

Invisible walls to just turning off drones... Have you thought about just disabling spies all together? could be easier

I urge in the strongest possible terms to reconsider the removal of AoE drones for four reasons:

1) Removing more content for "fixing" will create great concern among the playerbase, it's already started in OOC chat. There is a great feeling that the game is sliding backwards.

2) You are creating a definite caste system of "haves" (people that have WoC, MC-5 chips and capped characters with lots of cash) and "have nots". This system actually FAVORS people that exploited those locations before they were disabled. By creating unstoppable barriers to advancement to those levels the people that did "the wrong thing" are now the most powerful in the game and always will be, no one can catch up.

3) Removing Droners as a viable class leaves spies with only three AoE weapons (the three rocket pistols). Since AOE is widely considered an absolute requirement for reaching the 100+million overcapped skill points to WoC-1. Spies now have NO ROUTE to WoC that can be done with any degree of speed.

4) by making spies nonviable to level you are creating a massive gap among people that have used the droner-LOM method to achieve high tradeskill levels and the people that have not. This means that new people coming to the game have very little hope of ever being economically viable in one of the most unique aspects of the game.

In compensation, at the very least, tradeskill XP should be increased to the point it is a viable leveling path and rifles should be given AoE... BEFORE the drones are disabled, not an unknown time ("soon(R) when it's done(TM)") later.

TO SUM UP: WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS GIVING EXPLOITERS A MASSIVE REWARD AT THE EXPENSE OF HONEST PLAYERS THAT ARE NOW TOTALLY NONVIABLE. PLEASE RECONSIDER THAT AS YOUR OFFICIAL STANCE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    Changes of this patch will go live after it has been thoroughly tested and remaining or new issues that need fixing have been addressed.
    Disabling AoE drones ist obviously not what we consider a fix for the problem and you can and are right to expect us to fix this issue at the core at the soonest possibility.
    Asking for specific dates or timeframes is mute as everything we do is subject to various influence factors that we cannot control completely, thus when we do not provide an exact ETA there is good reason.
    As I have heared people complaining that exploits x/y/z are not mentioned in the patchnotes: We do not provide details on exploits that are still open to abuse on retail. Issue #1 on the patchlog can be seen as a meta issue for a number of other issues we cannot talk about here.
    I posted above that in order to fix it so that tradeskillers can level up-- how about increasing the XP received when constructing or researching? As it is, almost every tradeskiller will want to level up as a droner. This has been trashed at the moment, so can we go with a real solution for people who care about tradeskills?

The REAL Walker

And now something positive..
    Added TL92 Tangent Assault Pulselaser Pistol to high level tech pistol vendor
    Best news ever! Well maybe not ever.. but still, awesome news

Looks like a lot of the other fixes gonna be sweet aswell ofc.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by dWintermut3 View Post
    TO SUM UP: WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS GIVING EXPLOITERS A MASSIVE REWARD AT THE EXPENSE OF HONEST PLAYERS THAT ARE NOW TOTALLY NONVIABLE. PLEASE RECONSIDER THAT AS YOUR OFFICIAL STANCE.
    I have to admit, this is a pretty good argument. Removing AOE drones at this stage when so many WoC spies have already used these 'exploits' does seem like you're rewarding them. There has to be something else you can do to boost spy xp gain.

QQ PLEASE REMOVE ALL AOE n the game, for fairness sake QQ

gotta say this is hilarious, lets hope patch 175 works this time

Im going to continue to level all 3 of my spies as I have been since the start of Titan and all will be fully capped in a few more weeks. Just so I can laugh at anyone who says spies cant be levelled.

P.s I have not droned for one second on titan. There is more than one way to level a spy fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I posted above that in order to fix it so that tradeskillers can level up-- how about increasing the XP received when constructing or researching? As it is, almost every tradeskiller will want to level up as a droner. This has been trashed at the moment, so can we go with a real solution for people who care about tradeskills?

I have two trade skillers both currently sitting at Dex/Int 70ish and neither has droned. Ever

I am currently only getting about 1 level per half hour or so and it is showing signs of slowing down but I think I can cap all 3 in another week or two.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast