Test Server seems to be offline - checked updater.ini it was up to date but get a blank launcher screen.

Correct, see here.

Testserver down? Launcher loads fine, starts client fine, but when i try to login it comes back with "Failed to connect to server". Been like this yesterday too.

Can someone help plz? clanmate was on the testserver so clearly its not down.

I edited the updater ini, the launcher loads fine, switched to testserver in top-right, it patches to testserver status fine, loads the login fine, but then just hangs & comes back with Could not connect to server. Ive checked the updater.ini, & it's changing back to retail addresses after everytime i launch it. Making the file read only makes the launcher hang when trying to connect to server & load the login.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevendust View Post
    Can someone help plz? clanmate was on the testserver so clearly its not down.

I edited the updater ini, the launcher loads fine, switched to testserver in top-right, it patches to testserver status fine, loads the login fine, but then just hangs & comes back with Could not connect to server. Ive checked the updater.ini, & it's changing back to retail addresses after everytime i launch it. Making the file read only makes the launcher hang when trying to connect to server & load the login.
    You tried this: *click*
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

There is a problem with vedeenas network interface which needs to get fixed first. This task is already queued
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​​

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

there is a problem with the test server. entire clan is trying to get on using the method outlined in this thread and we are all having the same problem. we have tried coping our current nc folder, changing the updater ini to what it says on the first page here, adding the ftp server info that zoltan posted ingame that is NOT on this thread. and none of us can get the game to launch. it just crashes to desktop everytime. i have tried installing it from the zip file straight away and that wont work. i have tried saving to diffrent partitions and that dont work, i have tried reinstalling the redistributables and they are fine and didnt change anything. we were able to get onto vedeena until the last set of patches changed something and now none of us can.
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

arkhive just updated the first post, so it should work that way now

former king of saturn

Anyone with continued problems needs to snag msvcr120.dll and msvcp120.dll and plop them into their Neocron folder. If that doesn't work /set kill_self 1.

Download them here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rb5po9ov8f...98fix.zip?dl=0
    Last edited by Divide; 29-11-14 at 21:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    Anyone with continued problems needs to snag msvcr120.dll and msvcp120.dll and plop them into their Neocron folder. If that doesn't work /set kill_self 1.

Download them here:

thanx divide. this worked for us

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post

Download them here:
    What about: Visual Studio 2013 redistributables ?

Make sure you grabbed the x86 version.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    What about: Visual Studio 2013 redistributables ?

Make sure you grabbed the x86 version.
    zoltan, no disrespect intended. but i dont think u understand whats going on. those of us who were having problems are people who have been on and testing every previous patch. we have been playing almost everyday since the start of titan. we already have all the redistributables. and just in case, i did download them and tried to reinstall them. when i did direct x it said i have a newer version already installed. when i tried the visual studio deal it said it was already detected on my machine and gave me the options to repair or uninstall. this last patch on the test server fubar'd our testserver installs. and im sure if more people tried to get on the test server they will run into this very problem. just following the directions at the begining of this thread doesnt cut it. i tried installing fresh installs as well as copying my working retail client changing updater ini to what was posted on page one and i was missing these files. whatever was done with this latest patch is screwing everything up. just my 2 cents m8. it may not be happening to everyone, but it happend to all of us so thats all i have to go on.

1) Delete the old PTS Client (because the testserver was rerolled)
    2) Download and install the x86 Version of this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/downl....aspx?id=40784
    3) Make a copy of the current Titan client
    4) Start the Launcher -> Select the testserver in the dropdown box
    6) Patch
    7) Play
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

Hi everybody !!

I'm back in business and want to help but I cannot access the testserver...

When I launch the game I have that message :
    fail.jpg

Of course I tried to check files and launcher downloaded them again, but it didn't work, I still have the same message ...
    I did a fresh install with the setup I have (neocron2ce-setup-2.2.191.53), downloaded the patches, had the correct updater.ini.
    Everythin seems to be correct in my setup (dx, vcredist, all is ok), and that's strange because the game runs normally with the normal setup :/

Did I miss something ?! Can someone help please ?!

Kalonji
    * Kalon G - Old School PPU * Kalon - Butt Plugged PPU (MIA)
    * Kalonjo - HC Tank (MIA) * Son of Kalonjo - father's son (HC Tank)
    * Kalona - AK Spy (MIA) * Pat Etik -Driver Pistol Spy
    * Monsieur Smeeth - Slots Maker * Anon e-Mouse - Doomed spy
    * Kalonji Faya - Holy Hybrid (MIA) * Kal'Anjah - Blessed Hybrid

former king of saturn

I'm not overly familiar with that error, but I can say that there is nothing to test right now.

My gut tells me you copied your retail Neocron folder and made it a test instance, which is the way I would suggest making a test instance. Problem is, the test NC Server is running an older version of what is in retail.

If I were you, I'd delete the test instance and re-copy your retail folder in prep for the next testing phase. The last two major retail patches were very significant-- it may be a few months before we see anything hit test.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast