Default How to get on the Testserver!

Hello everyone,

as of today, the testserver is available again for you to help test ongoing developement of Neocron. Please keep in mind that this is a testserver and no retail install. Your items, characters and basically everything on that server can be changed arround or deleted at any time.

Our #1 priority is to fix some of the long known issues and bugs. Please do not expect any big content updates in this phase of developement.

How can you access the testserver?

1) Make sure you installed the most recent DirectX version, as well as the Visual Studio 2013 redistributables
    2) Delete your previous testserver installation (in case you got one)
    3) Create a copy of your retail R#191 client folder
    4) Using the new copy, edit the "UPDATER.INI" in the subfolder "INI" and replace its contents with the following:

Code:
    SERVERIP=144.76.177.3
    PORT=8020
    PATCHPREFIX=patches\cp
    EXE=Client.exe
    GAMESERVERIP=144.76.177.3
    HOMEURL=http://launcher.neocron-game.com/
    FTPSERVER=ftp.neocron-game.com
    TESTPATCHDIR=/nc2testserver
    RETAILPATCHDIR=/nc2retail
    ISRETAILVERSION=0
    USELOCALPORT=0
    LOCALPORT=42423
    4) Launch the NeocronLauncher.exe and in the dropdown menu (top-right corner of the launcher), choose "Neocron Evolution 2.2 - Testserver"
    5) Launch the game.
    6) Report bugs

How to report bugs:

First of all: please check the bugreports subforum, whether this bug has already been reported. In case it has not yet been reported, it is time to test the bug thoroughly. Questions to answer are:
    • Is it reproducible?
    • Which circumstances led to the bug?
    • Are others able to reproduce the bug?
    • What exactly happens? What are the consequences of this bug?
    • Make screenshots or a short fraps video, if possible.
    • Which zones/which part of the game is affected?

You will find everything you need, including reverse LoM-Pills, inside the Neocronstruct. The reverse LoM pills are the ones for the mainskills

We hope you enjoy testing and look forward to your feedback and reports in the new testserver forum section that will soon be open.

Slauncha!
    Alduin
    Last edited by ArkHive; 29-11-14 at 21:02. Reason: Updated instrunctions
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

[Please delete me]

The patch notes for #175 can be found in this thread.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

TechHaven Network *************** nEo-1664's Avatar

For anyone who was previously on the old PTS, I 'think' you will need to create a new fresh copy too, as otherwise the game does not pull down the patch 175 version 2 as it were. If you dont, then it doesn't patch in any of the updates
    The future is unknown until the present reveals it.
    [ Tech Haven Network ][ Item DB ][ Rares DB ][ NC-Wiki ][ NC2.2 Download ][ Fansites & Resources ]
    [00:07:39] [+Danae] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!

Amazing, tried a couple of alt+tabs and so far so good.

Great work on the world map too, finally I don't have to count! As mentioned to Triv, on a larger resolution is actually looks like part of the RPOS due to the fact it doesnt fill the whole screen. It is possible to implement a [x] to close it down.

I'm aware you can obviously press 'esc' to close it down, but just streamlines the whole process

Can we get the XP factor set to the same rate as retail please ? To test rate of gain in a team and solo.
    TITAN
    Fenyx Rifle Spy - Fenix PPU Monk -
    Draven HC Tank - Turkish Pistol PE -
    Magneto Slotgod - Fenix-Res Researcher -

I wish NC's soundtrack was a bit more like this ...

Xenocell's indiegogo fundraiser!, mmo fps-rts that ive worked on, check it out

Just a quick question regarding the Neocronstruct: Where the heck can you get epic rewards from? PPR?
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by slith View Post
    Just a quick question regarding the Neocronstruct: Where the heck can you get epic rewards from? PPR?
    That NPC is missing. It'll be added with the next test server patch hopefully. I'll see about adding a temporary one a little later.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Nice, thank you very much
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by nEo-1664 View Post
    For anyone who was previously on the old PTS, I 'think' you will need to create a new fresh copy too, as otherwise the game does not pull down the patch 175 version 2 as it were. If you dont, then it doesn't patch in any of the updates
    Cant get it to work...
    I played earlier on the old PTS, so I removed the "old"test server map, and made a copy of the normal version of the game.
    Changed the updater.ini file, started the launcher. The launcher downloaded patch 175, but when it tries to apply the patch
    I get a lot of errors.....It looks like this:

Sending version request.
    Applying patches...
    Patching to lvl 175.
    CHECKSUM ERROR: source file
    DiffAssembleError: not the expected result
    ERROR: failed patching defs/appplaces.def
    CHECKSUM ERROR: source file
    DIffAssembleError: not the expected result

ect. ect ect..

The last one:
    ERROR: couldn't open: gamelibs/editorobject.dll , possibly write patching failed

Anyone??
    "If you cant beat them, join them".

Ariall Tank xx/64 on Terra
    Promo Ppu xx/63 Protopharma L.O.C

Quote Originally Posted by ariall View Post
    Cant get it to work...
    I played earlier on the old PTS, so I removed the "old"test server map, and ...
    Please make sure that you stick to the outlined procedure.
    Start with a clean copy of your retail client. The old testserver client can and should not be used - best delete that folder.

Can we get the XP factor set to the same rate as retail please ? To test rate of gain in a team and solo.
    The XP gain factor on the retail- and testserver should be identical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    The XP gain factor on the retail- and testserver should be identical.
    Alduin said it has previous test server boosted XP rate when i questioned the rate at which i was gaining while shooting stuff solo.

btw, screenshots with RPOS up appear to work properly now, on current retail i get missing RPOS elements. So thats one i guess can be knocked off the list

[Edit] as a clarification about the xp issue, while solo on a droner, i looked at my xp gains using a raptor etc, and it just seemed crazy high. I have tonight free so i will start a new character and not lom it, and see how that goes. My droner gained 2.502 mil dex xp, and he only downed a handful of mobs in the tunnels, maybe 8 kills at most, seems high...
    TITAN

Ok, XP now seems parallel with the retail server rate. Will look into team xp a little later this evening
    TITAN

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    Please make sure that you stick to the outlined procedure.
    Start with a clean copy of your retail client. The old testserver client can and should not be used - best delete that folder.
    got it working now yeah!. Was a win7/useraccounts/virus scanner problem...
    "If you cant beat them, join them".

Ariall Tank xx/64 on Terra
    Promo Ppu xx/63 Protopharma L.O.C

Test server down?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast