as of today, the testserver is available again for you to help test ongoing developement of Neocron. Please keep in mind that this is a testserver and no retail install. Your items, characters and basically everything on that server can be changed arround or deleted at any time.
Our #1 priority is to fix some of the long known issues and bugs. Please do not expect any big content updates in this phase of developement.
How can you access the testserver?
1) Make sure you installed the most recent DirectX version, as well as the Visual Studio 2013 redistributables
2) Delete your previous testserver installation (in case you got one)
3) Create a copy of your retail R#191 client folder
4) Using the new copy, edit the "UPDATER.INI" in the subfolder "INI" and replace its contents with the following:
4) Launch the NeocronLauncher.exe and in the dropdown menu (top-right corner of the launcher), choose "Neocron Evolution 2.2 - Testserver"Code:SERVERIP=188.8.131.52 PORT=8020 PATCHPREFIX=patches\cp EXE=Client.exe GAMESERVERIP=184.108.40.206 HOMEURL=http://launcher.neocron-game.com/ FTPSERVER=ftp.neocron-game.com TESTPATCHDIR=/nc2testserver RETAILPATCHDIR=/nc2retail ISRETAILVERSION=0 USELOCALPORT=0 LOCALPORT=42423
5) Launch the game.
6) Report bugs
How to report bugs:
First of all: please check the bugreports subforum, whether this bug has already been reported. In case it has not yet been reported, it is time to test the bug thoroughly. Questions to answer are:
- Is it reproducible?
- Which circumstances led to the bug?
- Are others able to reproduce the bug?
- What exactly happens? What are the consequences of this bug?
- Make screenshots or a short fraps video, if possible.
- Which zones/which part of the game is affected?
You will find everything you need, including reverse LoM-Pills, inside the Neocronstruct. The reverse LoM pills are the ones for the mainskills
We hope you enjoy testing and look forward to your feedback and reports in the new testserver forum section that will soon be open.