Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Just to say that a few things mentioned here are already in game:

DoY as a high level hunting ground - it's already full of leveling areas with high level mobs, for the mission run around there.
    I don't want to see the streets turned into this too, partly because I think that the complexity of the main zones could lead to safespot heaven, more importantly because I think that I would rather see the DoY faction zones become the long-discussed "super ops" than just another space with mobs spammed around.

Sympathy from killing high-level anarchy breed: Said high level AB, and missions to gain symp from them already exist - check out Tech Haven for them.

In general, I don't actually think that mob spawns need to be messed with that much. A few more decayed beasts and hazard worms would be good. What needs doing is a decent reward structure for what is already there. Back in the days of TFC, we would do things like go out and hunt Y-Replicants, or do some of the more unusual caves (and other, stranger things, like killing as many of the monk guards in the OZ-9 Church as possible). The thing is, the only reward for doing this was doing it - the XP and especially the loot was pretty dire. Make there be some purpose to killing Y-reps, surface DoY bots, etc and I think a lot will improve (that said, most players will still lack the interest to do anything other than run a prescribed "max efficiency" route through the game).

it appears theres some inequality in mob loot drop. but i dont think the answer is putting more techs and rewards into the monster's bellies, but to cap the drop. preferably not more than one tech part per mob, and only for "cave bosses", and for open area mobs rank 80 and up. firemobs (and reptiles) dont need to be hacked, so they should receive some drop probability malus. i think this could easily be fixed with the next patch.

There are half implemented parts of these in game yes Cmaster. However they need to be overhauled in many cases. We need "some" Voice of the resistance networks out in the wastelands in order for us to do the Anarchy Breed missions. Nobody wants to gr out to an op - kill the anarchy breed and then gr back at mission complete - to get a new mission do they?

Doy has high end mobs in there for the woc run yes. I am aware of that as that is what gave me the idea. I mean we should have more than just this. There should be something akin to Regants - IN DOY! Possibly not something that easy but certainly more than just a mission to get a rifle that only 3 people on the server will ever bother with. I admit fully we would see more people up there farming if there were more viable setups to incorporate the weapon but how about we make the area attractive to people NOT just wanting to get that weapon. DoY is a wonderful city when you get to know the way around it. I love the place.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    In general, I don't actually think that mob spawns need to be messed with that much. A few more decayed beasts and hazard worms would be good. What needs doing is a decent reward structure for what is already there. Back in the days of TFC, we would do things like go out and hunt Y-Replicants, or do some of the more unusual caves (and other, stranger things, like killing as many of the monk guards in the OZ-9 Church as possible). The thing is, the only reward for doing this was doing it - the XP and especially the loot was pretty dire. Make there be some purpose to killing Y-reps, surface DoY bots, etc and I think a lot will improve (that said, most players will still lack the interest to do anything other than run a prescribed "max efficiency" route through the game).
    So you dont see there being an issue with the way that so many zones are filled with a daft amount of hoverbots above you, and swarms of doy cyborgs and jonny5's on the ground.

Makes the zone useless to hunt at. You dont have the space to kill the doybots, due to the amount on the floor around you. and their all 40/40 to 90/90 mobs that dont drop even worthwhile junk for the likes of 80/xx rifle spies ...

Then theres whole zones with practically nothing in them.

It's this mess out in the wasteland and so many zones that arent worth the hassle for the returns in comparison to the other options that makes it so much more desirable to just go level in a controlled environment like regants, because you know whats there already and the same with the doy tunnels for when you want techs.

I have made a point since the new start, I havent gone into regants once yet since titan opened on any of my characters.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Sympathy from killing high-level anarchy breed: Said high level AB, and missions to gain symp from them already exist - check out Tech Haven for them.
    Yeah ? Now tell me when was the last time you picked up a very hard mission to kill 5 Decayed horrors from the citycom ? Because they are in there too. Just the whole kill 5, return to HQ, hand in reward for 1% of the xp you would have gained just staying where you were and shooting another horror, once, makes those missions oh so redundant that people just dont give them a second look or thought anymore.
    TITAN
    Fenyx Rifle Spy - Fenix PPU Monk -
    Draven HC Tank - Turkish Pistol PE -
    Magneto Slotgod - Fenix-Res Researcher -

I wish NC's soundtrack was a bit more like this ...

Xenocell's indiegogo fundraiser!, mmo fps-rts that ive worked on, check it out

I agree regarding spies, but as it stands not even a tank can handle a cave without a PPU or LoS games.

Quote Originally Posted by dWintermut3 View Post
    I agree regarding spies, but as it stands not even a tank can handle a cave without a PPU or LoS games.
    No Class at all should be able to solo a cave, defeats the purpose of them...
    TITAN

Quote Originally Posted by \\Fényx// View Post
    No Class at all should be able to solo a cave, defeats the purpose of them...
    The problem is the high reward/time ratio just encourages exploiting.

Team-only content is a bust, they need to realize that.

Make the caves for teams and make viable alternatives for solo levelling. then Team only content isnt a bust. Said alternatives are all the things Fenix has posted as i think its a brilliant idea. Spread the rares out so its not turn up at a zone and pray a rhino doesnt turn up.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Right,

Thinking outside the box a bit here considering how things have been the last decade.

Would cave instancing be such a bad thing ? Only a team can enter them. This makes them a team only experience. And also stops the whole bitching about there not being enough places etc as a team would have access to any cave at any time. Boost XP for a team relative to the size of a team, while inside a cave.

It would also stop the bitching about different people's approaches. The people that farm the Elfarid Queen then cry bitch moan and cry some more for a reset even though theres a great spawn of spawners etc...

Also i think it would require say 30 seconds for a team to enter it, to avoid people using it like a safezone for pvp fights around CRP etc. That would avoid it being abused for that.

Give a small across the board boost to solo XP, making it less painful to level a character slowly for those that chose not to team up, while fighting anything that isnt in an instanced cave.

To stop a possible work around to this of someone leaving a team once already inside the cave, it would ofcourse remove the team bonus xp, and reduce them to the current rate

comments ? This is just an idea... havent thought it through too much...
    TITAN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12