Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Humour and sarcasm doesn't translate well over text, as you apply your own tone of voice!
    Then again the idea that everyone is out to get you is paramount in peoples minds it seems, does that make most people Xenophobic.

Well anyhow appologies for any comments that offended it was a lighthearted atempt to inject humour into a meaningless post that someone was raging at unpaid developers taking the time to make things better for all. And if any of you make the trip across the "pond" look me up and i'll buy you a "Real ale" the best thing is you only have to be 18 to drink it here!.
    [

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

While it has to be said that the timing of the scheduled downtimes has been a bit rubbish for the US players (you'd think it could be done in what would be Japan primetime or something, but I guess people need to be at work for some of it); there's a point to make that there's been an awful lot of unscheduled downtime in European peak times, that often doesn't get recorded in quite the same way.

If the server doesnt come back up soon I'm gonna sue all of your asses!!!

I will see you fuckers in court!!!

<3

hahaha
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

William go home, you're drunk

Constructor Extraordinaire Jameson Clarke's Avatar

Go lay down and let the Powerbooze wear off, man.

It was actually an acutely sarcastic play on a blatant stereotype of the American legal system. As the OP is American I figured it would be funny to imitate the most irate American I could. However as I didn't want to alienate one single member of the forum I decided to add "all your asses" to designate the entire thread.

Sadly as rightly pointed out, I guess humour (at least that of Good ol' England) doesn't come across without the razor-sharp delivery that we witty "Brits" are renowned for.

TANGENT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Xeno LARD's Avatar

Eh what, chocs way.

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

Sigh.....these threads.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    It was actually an acutely sarcastic play on a blatant stereotype of the American legal system. As the OP is American I figured it would be funny to imitate the most irate American I could. However as I didn't want to alienate one single member of the forum I decided to add "all your asses" to designate the entire thread.

Sadly as rightly pointed out, I guess humour (at least that of Good ol' England) doesn't come across without the razor-sharp delivery that we witty "Brits" are renowned for.
    [OT] Perhaps in the future you should start your sarcastic comments with some sort of indicator. {START SARCASM} "Sarcastic comment" {END SARCASM} It would help with the old language barrier, as it is sometimes difficult to translate English into English. The legal system in the US can vary by state. Some of the frivolous lawsuits which might fly in the more "liberal" states would not stand a chance in others, which begins the endless appeal process, etc.
    [BACK ON TOPIC] The server downtime is a necessary evil. It is what it is. {START SARCASM} The real issue here is we do not have a robust welfare system (YET) which allows us to work less than 40 hours a week and have time to play NC. {END SARCASM}
    I bring nothing to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozz-Von Mel View Post
    [OT] Perhaps in the future you should start your sarcastic comments with some sort of indicator. {START SARCASM} "Sarcastic comment" {END SARCASM} It would help with the old language barrier, as it is sometimes difficult to translate English into English.
    You dont need to start sarcasm/end sarcasm you can simply use this

"only an American would say something like that... " Now its funny, not prejudice Anyway why hasn't this thread been closed yet?

I vote for Danae entertaining us, she hasn't graced us with her presence yet today... Speaking of NC women, has anyonone heard from Zai in recent years? She was the best damn constructor for several years running.

Nuh uh! Roe was on saturn!

Oh wait, recent years

To be honest I thought that the <3 and the hahahaha would be enough to signify humour.

Enough, thread closed.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123