Thread: XP Gain change?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Back in NC 1, all but one of my runners were in clans and I took the LE out as soon as I spawned. There was a lot of ganking but the server population meant your number didn't come up too much. I find it less fun these days, your number comes up a lot more due to the lower pop so yes, there is a notable risk/reward. That's just my take on it though.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Hows it a free lunch? explain that comment please?

Do you play the game for pvp or not? personally i mean.
    afaik the topic of ths thread is "xp gain acceleration", or, in other words "i want to pvp as soon as i can, please let me skip pve cause its boring". getting "free" xp because of impatience and lack of creativity while playing sounds like a "free lunch" to me.

so let me suggest skipping the aggressor-bunker-el-farid-crp-regants road to boredom and having fun instead. i just guess i will pvp, too, some time in the future. but this won't happen in 2012 for sure. in the meantime i'll enjoy all the different aspects of the game, travel to the far and secret places, gather resources, kill monsters, build stuff, talk to ppl. yes, atm i nurture 4 different chars in parallel. what does that mean for you, holli? you won't read "you have been killed by Torg" until a few months in the future.

I gotta say I DO sympathize with the argument of "I've already done all that and explored everything so many times, so I just want to level fast". That argument doesn't describe how I play, and like you, Torg, I will probably never cap and get MC5 chips and WOC and PVP. But I still sympathize with that argument, because it makes sense.

William's initial suggestion (correct me if I'm wrong), is to improve XP gain on the "problematic" skills by using a more universal XP gain system. I.E. missions aside, it's unfair to monks that their DEX bar doesn't move no matter what they do, and it's unfair to spies that their PSI bar doesn't move no matter what they do. Getting a spy to max DEX and a tank to max STR, and so on, should still take the same amount of time (again, correct me if I'm wrong Will).

Izeo you nailed it.

Torg you just need to learn to read better. You changed one word in the thread title and blew the entire thing right out of context with another blatant supposition if what I was getting at. Your negativity is starting to get annoying and it is beginning to look like veiled flames and covert stabs at the poster. You clearly didn't read the original post and have once again taken things way oft what the op - me - intended. I'm getting bored of it now. We know your views on easy levelling etc. This is not about that it is about getting an xp delivery system for you and me and everyone else in this game.

If forum trolling is all you are going to do I will have no choice but to ignore you in future. You're ruining a perfectly civil discussion with this holier than thou attitude and I implore you to please just read and think before you post.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

/sarcasm

I don't know what you kids are on about.... I enjoy capping my Droner with 99 int 96 dex (after lomming into Construction and Repair) and having 2 strength, 2 constitution and 1 psi!

Makes sense!!!

/sarcasm
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Torg you just need to learn to read better.
    even in threads you started i'm not always talking to you alone, but to other ppl as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    If forum trolling is all you are going to do I will have no choice but to ignore you in future.
    if you find it unbearable to read my opinions, differing from yours, go on, stop reading my posts.

back to OT: i'd be fine with boosting xp gain in weaker main skills (ie dex, str, con for monks) in general (but by far not to a degree near main skills), while tuning down xp gain for problematic activities like repping rhinoes etc.

In this particular case you quoted my thread and got the title wrong and then went off on a rant about it. I am not referring to any other posts but this one. Thank you for a piece that is finally ON topic and an opinion that has merit and weight with reference to the original suggestion. That is all I asked for. Not the veiled stabs of the previous one.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Forget My Name View Post
    Neocron used to have full team exp gain between players, but for whatever reason KK at the time figured everything and anything was exploitable in game, so every attempt was made to make teaming hard to do.

I agree with going back to how it used to be, and just let team members get exp across the board. A reward for socializing and teaming, as with most modern mmos. Long gone are the days of punishing people to team. Maybe Neocron will get with the current times.
    So this is what was wrong with my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Forget My Name View Post
    I agree with going back to how it used to be, and just let team members get exp across the board. A reward for socializing and teaming, as with most modern mmos. Long gone are the days of punishing people to team. Maybe Neocron will get with the current times.
    This. Pretty please.
    It's very frustrating to repeat 2524 times the same missions just to get my STR up. I couldn't afford to buy nanites and a vehicle to raise STR and DEX.
    If you are new to nc, this is very wtf?!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123