Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Constructor Extraordinaire Jameson Clarke's Avatar

Default Hidden Areas of Neocron

The city of Neocron is covered in numerous sealed off, unused, or forgotten areas. I've become quite addicted to finding these little spots. Sometimes, with a little luck and research, some history behind each area can be found.

Tell-tale signs of these places are the usual rusty "blockfence" that eats drones when it is used to cover holes and the aging wooden fence that ignores lighting changes.

So, to the more adventurous runners, what hidden areas have you found?

I'll start:

Behind the Outzone church is a tunnel system that leads to an unused door.

I have no idea if there was an intended use for this area or if it ever had a use, but any history on this location would be great.
    Last edited by Jameson Clarke; 10-10-12 at 19:37.

What about the "Big Yellow Ball" at MB? Does it still exist?
    "If you cant beat them, join them".

Ariall Tank xx/64 on Terra
    Promo Ppu xx/63 Protopharma L.O.C

Pepper Park 3 GR has such blocked off fences too.
    Also in the OZ with that rift and green water there are sealed off areas either.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ariall View Post
    It should.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Which is the banned zone? Outzone 8 or 9? I forget.

Also... Bum Asylum... Seriously... Best area of the game... housing for bums.... Still nicer than the apartments people get in the Outzones.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

Quote Originally Posted by ariall View Post
    o it exists ......
    http://wiki.techhaven.org/Main_Page

Closed - Until Further Notice

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Forget My Name View Post

Also... Bum Asylum... Seriously... Best area of the game... housing for bums.... Still nicer than the apartments people get in the Outzones.

Also, I think some of those fences you are mentioning really are just there to be fences. Sure, they've been the GM team's no1 chhoice for blocking places off - but the model existed for a reason in the first place.

i'd post some pics and some stories but they'd probably get erased like before, techhaven has a few fun spots to find

Check behind everything

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Hell, the secret FA HQ in TH is an absolute nightmare to find, on a par with the ByB (maybe even worse).

And no, the security centre isn't the secret HQ before anybody chirps up. This one has FSMs, offices, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Hell, the secret FA HQ in TH is an absolute nightmare to find, on a par with the ByB (maybe even worse).

And no, the security centre isn't the secret HQ before anybody chirps up. This one has FSMs, offices, etc.
    the one with the barkeep named "H****** Delight" ? ;p

the other one is just a secret backdoor

OZ 7 - Was discussed in game the other day i thought it looked like a church from the shape but i was told its a Disused Power plant.

Overall much needs to be done to the game world. The MB entrance for example, that lift shaft that's been there for god knows how long how about for a future patch making it a grav lift.

Big Yellow ball? how about a weird green wall.

-= Fallen Angels - Titan =-
    | Smiler - Researcher | Mr Sandman - Constructor/Recycler | Lemmiwinks - Hacknet |
    | Haxxor - Droner | Zmiler - HC Tank |

Constructor Extraordinaire Jameson Clarke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Forget My Name View Post

If I remember right Outzone 7 had spawning issues and they shut it down since they could not get a reasonable fix. I'd love to see that place open back up just to explore it.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post

Also, I think some of those fences you are mentioning really are just there to be fences. Sure, they've been the GM team's no1 chhoice for blocking places off - but the model existed for a reason in the first place.
    Some of those fences are orginal, but you can also tell when they are placed after the fact. The Agg Cellers have some obvious orginal fences and several that were added later. It seems like at one time the cellers were a lot more open.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameson Clarke View Post
    Some of those fences are orginal, but you can also tell when they are placed after the fact. The Agg Cellers have some obvious orginal fences and several that were added later. It seems like at one time the cellers were a lot more open.
    Ever been to the main sewer?
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

If I remember right Outzone 7 had spawning issues and they shut it down since they could not get a reasonable fix. I'd love to see that place open back up just to explore it.
    pretty sure that it was a mapping issue, you could get up onto the top of the map and fall off the "world" in a few places

I recall being able to go into the water at some point, dont know if it was beta or even early retail, either that or it was just a screwed up reset point that dropped you in there... its been a long time.

The neocron Main Sewers is a massive place thats hardly used by anyone, its mostly low level mobs there, upto the /30ish creatures like spiders etc.

Theres also Einstein (is he still there tapping away ?)

When you say the hidden FA HQ, is that the area you had to enter crawling through ducts and stuff ? rarely explored there much, memory is foggy, was usually getting shot at too much being tangent for most my tanks career :P

Theres the nuke silo's at MB, gotta pass them on the way to the byb.

I miss the old shops in industrial...
    TITAN
    Fenyx Rifle Spy - Fenix PPU Monk -
    Draven HC Tank - Turkish Pistol PE -
    Magneto Slotgod - Fenix-Res Researcher -

I wish NC's soundtrack was a bit more like this ...

Xenocell's indiegogo fundraiser!, mmo fps-rts that ive worked on, check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    Ever been to the main sewer?
    main sewer has some of the best bugs neocron has to offer. spooky. don't go there. seriously.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast