Playing since Nc1 Patch 132 NONpk's Avatar

Default Bring back life into killing business / epic missions

Hi,

as many of you i remember a time when it was neccessary to kill 3 runners in an epic mission.

Why not bringing this feature back?

The need of killing runners for epic was removed one day due to sinking population.

Right now we have lot`s of players. Enough to bring back the kill-missions.

Imao this would make the gameplay a bit more interesting and fun.

________________________________________________________________________________

Wie sich bestimmt viele von euch errinern, gab es eine Zeit in der es notwendig war für eine epic Mission 3 runner zu töten.

Warum erweckt man dieses Feature nicht zu neuem Leben?

Aufgrund von schwindender Population wurde dieses Feature eines Tages eingestellt.

Im moment haben wir jedoch eine sehr hohe Population. Genug um dieses Feature wieder in das Spiel zu bringen.

Meiner Meinung nach würde es das Gameplay ein wenig interesanter und lustiger gestalten.
    Die Weißheit ist wie eine Laterne im Rücken, sie beleuchtet nur den Weg den man bereits hinter sich hat. | Wisdom is like a lantern in the back, it only shines on the part of the way you`ve already passed.
    -Konfuzius
    R.I.P. Friday 24th August 2007
    REACTIVATED Thursday 10th January 2008

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Because all anybody did was pay for somebody/ask a friend to roll up a new 0/2, and kill them at El Farid/Point Red.

I did actually get one genuine kill myself, sniping an FA hanging out at cycrow with my rifle spy, but such incidents were few and far between.

Also everyone keeps his LE in until they are capped and outfitted, which usually includes one or more epic runs...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Missions are a mechanic of the Player versus Environment side of the game. Forcing Player Versus Player content where it doesn't belong only hinders a game's flow and fun.

Anyway, this was tried before and failed.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    ...I did actually get one genuine kill myself, sniping an FA hanging out at cycrow with my rifle spy, but such incidents were few and far between.
    Better not had been me!

And the reason for removing the killing of runners for the epic was not due to the sinking population. LE'ed players couldn't do all the epics without taking the LE out and risk it never going back in because they had passed rank /30.

TechHaven Network *************** nEo-1664's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Because all anybody did was pay for somebody/ask a friend to roll up a new 0/2, and kill them at El Farid/Point Red.

I did actually get one genuine kill myself, sniping an FA hanging out at cycrow with my rifle spy, but such incidents were few and far between.
    Didn't even have to do that. Just team the 0/2 newly created noob, of your friend, and head down into the cellars. no SL loss, and 3 kills later job was done
    The future is unknown until the present reveals it.
    [ Tech Haven Network ][ Item DB ][ Rares DB ][ NC-Wiki ][ NC2.2 Download ][ Fansites & Resources ]
    [00:07:39] [+Danae] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers View Post
    Better not had been me!
    Think it may have been Lifewaster.

Quote Originally Posted by nEo-1664 View Post
    Didn't even have to do that. Just team the 0/2 newly created noob, of your friend, and head down into the cellars. no SL loss, and 3 kills later job was done
    Seeing as kills were always enemies, SL wasn't the problem - the 0/2 being in the enemy city was the reason for El Farid/point red (although now that I think of it, lots of anti vs pro kills were done at Ind A)