Default (POLL) APU Casting Frequency

In the current state of the game I would say Most players in PvP are HC Tanks, Spies, PPU.
    I think to enhance NC, and create a little more diversity two things should happen:

• APU Fequency should be increased, for those that played NC1 / early NC2 should remember the Holy Lightning machines that were APUs, which had a large following in PvP.
    • Melee combat should be tuned to be viable in PvP for tanks, there is 0% of the population as melee tanks right now, and I remember when this was at least an Option for tanks to pick for PvP.

So I'd like to poll people on these two points, APU freq and Melee Tanks - please reply with:
    Y/N - APU Freq
    Y/N - Melee Tanks

Then continue to discuss below your vote!

Gimme back NC1!!!

Yes - APU Freq
    Yes - MC Tank

I think you forgot a major one... PEs.

But yes, I think everyone agrees that APUs and Melee tanks need tweaking, along with PEs.

Yes to both

yes in every single other thread made on this topic previouslytoo.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Yes, Yes, and for PPU tweaking Yes too

tank yes, apu yes, pe yes,

para yes!

APU - Antibuff, PPU - Parashock

And yes to the OP!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    APU - Antibuff, PPU - Parashock

And yes to the OP!
    THIS! and S/D

The REAL Walker

Yes to APU, Melee and a very big yes to PEs!

A HUGE no to bring back parashock (in any form).
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

PPUs still have parashock. It's really weak, but that's the way it should be.

No to an APU freq increase. APUs need a role change, not a damage buff. If you make them as strong as other classes, we'll return to the horror that was pre-2.2 Monk-o-cron. If they're weaker, then they'll barely be used. They need a different slot to competing with tanks as pure combat.

No objections to buffing melee, but honestly, that shouldn't be done on its own - it should be done as part of fixing weapon damage as a whole.

PEs again need sorting, but as part of a broader look at what there place should be, not just making them slightly better mini-spies.

Usually most threads like these don't take into account the whole picture, but I'll bite for once.

APU - Frequency increase back to NC1/NC2 days err big no. I would like a very small increase, but not on the scale going back to NC1/NC2 frequency rates. (What like 2-3 times?)

MC - Not convinced buffing up MC will do anything to help here, since I've been convinced it's a netcode issue that makes M-C tanks crap in PvP. May be wrong on this one.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers View Post
    MC - Not convinced buffing up MC will do anything to help here, since I've been convinced it's a netcode issue that makes M-C tanks crap in PvP. May be wrong on this one.
    Sure it has a Little to do with the netcode, however with some getting used to, its easy to hit every time. Sadly the damage is still pretty bad.

Edit: And I do agree about "the Whole Picture".
    Theres lots of Things that needs balancing. I do not envy the volunteer team...
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

the freq on a holy lightning went from 105/min to 35/min I believe and they added a reticle effectively killing the whole class, So yes an increase would be great, maybe not back to 105 but definitely higher than 35.

Yes to melee also

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    PPUs still have parashock. It's really weak, but that's the way it should be.

No to an APU freq increase. APUs need a role change, not a damage buff. If you make them as strong as other classes, we'll return to the horror that was pre-2.2 Monk-o-cron. If they're weaker, then they'll barely be used. They need a different slot to competing with tanks as pure combat.

No objections to buffing melee, but honestly, that shouldn't be done on its own - it should be done as part of fixing weapon damage as a whole.

PEs again need sorting, but as part of a broader look at what there place should be, not just making them slightly better mini-spies.
    Fully Agreed. In my opinion, the APU has to be a Supporter - Antishield/Def/Prot/Heal. The old APU with actual dmg/freq should be fine.

Melee Tank needs something special for a better protection and a dmg boost.

Summary:

APU Freq - No.
    Melee Tanks - Yes.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast