No. sorry, but NC is fine the way it is. cyberpunk and laserguns, but nearly no elves and orcs. melee is fun to play, as is psi, but we dont need it in the endgame.

APUs need a role change. As for melee, I'm really not sure how you make something that's based on whacking a guy with a stick (albeit a shiny one) as good as shooting him with a gun (again usually a shiny one).
    http://www.synth-soft.com/ - NC Implant Calculator
    {{{{{{{{{{OHM}}}}}}}}}}

Y - APU Freq
    Y - Melee Tanks

I agree with the APU the frequency should be increased, but no change in the DPS. The damage calculation with the new frequency should be tested and in the case it is not buggy and all hits are counted correctly we could maybe change the DPS.

Same with the melee tank, before the DPS are changed the damage calculation should be proved error-free, it wouldn't help anything if we try to change something but the damage and hit calculation itself is buggy. Personally i wouldn't change the DPS of the melee weapons but as close combat class add more tank and/or a better heal. From the melee class view the AOE discussion is part from this thread, because it wouldn't help the melee if it's comparable in the endgame but the process of leveling a character need far more time to a comparable AOE class like the HC. It shouldn't be part of the game to use lom pills because some classes are in a major disadvantage in level speed, the level speed shouldn’t be HC > melee it should be HC = melee maybe it's only my opinion.
    Alles wird gut!

irgendwann?

hoffentlich...

well i won't comment on apu that much, not my expertise.

to the mc on the other hand... yes he sits between all chairs.

hes bad in pve (spawnmobs are horror), back in 2.1 a mc could take on a grim persi or chaser, laught about warbots... and even had the int to hack them
    today mcs dont pack the punch, but get hit way harder.
    so mcs in pve dont have the damage, they dont have the range, they cant take more damage but also lack the aoe of hc... hc even does more single target damage while mc has to repair way more often.

so hes good in pvp then like in the old days?
    no, with the new design all but 2 weapons of the mc get even less damage, cause the 'hightech' bonus is missing on all but DG and Thunderbolt. melee damage is not only lower than hc from the start, but also lacks the tc-bonus weapons like CS/Rava/Creed get.
    on top the stamina per hit on melee is so high that there arent enough spaces in the belt to fit in enough boosters.
    well melee does ok in 1v1 for the most parts, because the damage of PoB is ok as long as theres no holy deflector involved mc has at least a chance. but in a group vs group the melee is more an anoyance than a danger.

mc needs love, they need to be the fastest (nothings more silly than a closecombat char not able to race a spy), maybe a little less stamina per hit. they need damage that makes them competetive, not even more damage per hit but tune it with the frequency.
    and (dont hate me hcs) isnt the flamer a melee weapon in nc? how about its a aoe flamer? maybe not as big as the heavy weapons but at least some sort of aoe while staying in the model of close combat.
    Deadly HC-Tank@Mars/Titan
    Dan Gerouz MC-Tank@Mars
    Iella Hoover DC-Spy@Mars

Increase to APU freq if the current casting bugs are fixed. Fix range while you are at it too.

Yes to melee being viable for sure.

I would be fine with the current RoF if they removed this reticle not being fully closed issue. Also APUs need more range too. Agree with that.

Apus should be like spies with gloves.

Pes should be like hybrids with guns.

There you go I balanced it all in 2 sentences.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

As I always claimed, give APUs higher RoF so they get fun to play again, and maybe reduce a little bit the damage per hit so that in the end, if somebody aims really well, he can do more DPS than right now, and if he aims shit, he will do much less than right now.

Give them back HAB. But to make the HAB usefull again, there is a BIG need to fix the overcast spells bug as right now, it takes much less mana pool and much less time to just overcast a shield on enemy ppu rather than using a proper HAB on him...

OP wars are now a bunch of ppus running around with overcasting shields like crazy...

Melee needs a boost on damage & frequency but mainly against ppu buffed targets imo, as when you fight 1 v 1 on a non buffed target, it's still possible to make some good damage as a melee tank, but once healed and ppu shielded, its almost impossible to kill somebody that doesn't suck too much.

Forgot to mention, but there is also another bug that would need a fix for apus:

- When you cast spells, if you hold down mouse button to hit someone (for example a poison lance or whatever spells but more evident on a fast rate spell) the damage that registers will be cut by like 60% compared to if you click every shot...don't know why it does that but in 2.1, it wasn't like this...

Quote Originally Posted by VegaH View Post
    - When you cast spells, if you hold down mouse button to hit someone (for example a poison lance or whatever spells but more evident on a fast rate spell) the damage that registers will be cut by like 60% compared to if you click every shot...don't know why it does that but in 2.1, it wasn't like this...
    the same bug exists in the hacknetsoftware

Quote Originally Posted by Habit View Post
    lol I just said this out loud after reading vegah's post. You have to deliberately shoot slower, which I don't think is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Habit View Post
    That's because hacknet software is considered a psi module in the code. Just look at the effect the heals put up it says "psi effect" under the ticker bar.

I'm gonna wait until patch 175 until I make serious comments here, as I want to see what direction the current team will take with things.
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234