Super easy fix.... Do not transfer the actual character, just add skill points to an existing Titan character to match an existing Terra character. Problems solved and casual players rejoice.

Quote Originally Posted by chutza View Post
    Super easy fix.... Do not transfer the actual character, just add skill points to an existing Titan character to match an existing Terra character. Problems solved and casual players rejoice.
    and the gms cry. not the easiest option by a long shot.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

either allow transfer then every existing character on titan go "poof!" since most of us have only one account and have created chars on those specific accounts. or Not allowing transfer, so all existing chars will grind as they were normally and let the whiners whine as always.

IMO, no transfer should be made available at least on server titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Setlec View Post
    IMO, no transfer should be made available at least on server titan.
    right. leave titan alone.

Many things have been said, and every side has real valid arguments.

But NC has two big sides. The Endgame Op-fight/pvp pp3 etc stuff, and the struggle to get there.
    I like both aspects, but i must admit, that i wouldnt have spent so much time as i did the last weeks on Titan, if i had my capped Chars ready to go.
    Its true that i had some more free time than usal, wich made it easier to be online quite a few hours, but i really had lots of fun doing it.
    The first epic, the first rare weapon, the first constructor hitting the 200+, all those things now really meant something -again, and i dont wanna miss it.
    On the other hand, i can understand that not everyone wants to go through this process again and again, but thats also a very big part of the game.

Look how hard it is to find enough players for the test server, where everything can be obtained all artifact in a couple of minutes, and still its deserted most of the time.
    So, i can only speak for myself, but i would certainly deprived myself of lots of fun time, if i had my chars transferred (even if its hard to INT Cap a ppu, or woc a pistolero).
    Titan is all new and fresh (or it was at least) and i think its more a chance than a burden.

Just my 2 cents.
    But as the decision is out of our hands, its a pointless debate anyway.
    Its rather the question of being able to have fun now, or getting bored to wait for a transfer, that may never come to continue being bored, because theres nothing left to do.
    Chaya PPU Mars
    Makurita Rigger Mars
    Atropos Tank Titan
    Clotho PPU Titan
    Lachesis LT Pe Titan
    Atropina Rifle Spy Titan

For me only a transfer without inv and quickbelt would be acceptable.

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

No Transfers!

Weeeeeeeeee.........

+ for transfer but with strict rules.
    for example:
    transfer only 1 character per account with his current exp, implants, armor. Only characters with.. lets say lvl 90+ main skill can be transferd (saves us from multiple clones, bringing 100500 WOC disks).
    maximum of 2 mill Nc.
    just items in quickbelt
    no appartments exept starting one
    nothing from gogu.
    Account holder MUST have free char slot on Titan.

in this case it cant ruin economy of Titan. Only problem would be with same char names, but that could be solved with adding some number/letter at the end.

I used to play Nc1 since 2002. had 2 capped chars and shitload of rare and unique things. then I quit for a long time.. in 2010, I came back, and I was too late to revive my old chars.. so I had to start again..
    ok, so I played for some time, capped 2 chars again, invested my time and efford.. And now I have to start all over again ?
    I'm not asking to return me my copbot rifle or 3 appartments filled with Nc1 rare weaponry.. I dont ask for 100500 WOC disks.
    I just really dont want to level same characters again, to have own Resser / Conster / Poker / Repper + main char

P.S. I would just continue playing on Terra (with nice current patches), BUT, unfortunatly, we dont have that much overall population, to spread it on 2 servers. Its just no fun.
    Proper transfer gives no advantages at all, it only saves alot of time.

Double XP gain permanently on Titan, and forget about transfers of any kind.

I'd love that with all my heart

It's all about end-game anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by L0KI View Post
    It's all about end-game anyway.
    endgame is boring, imho.

playing a melee tank from scratch.

just an awesome experience :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Exellence View Post
    + for transfer but with strict rules.
    for example:
    transfer only 1 character per account with his current exp, implants, armor. Only characters with.. lets say lvl 90+ main skill can be transferd (saves us from multiple clones, bringing 100500 WOC disks).
    maximum of 2 mill Nc.
    just items in quickbelt
    no appartments exept starting one
    nothing from gogu.
    Account holder MUST have free char slot on Titan.

in this case it cant ruin economy of Titan. Only problem would be with same char names, but that could be solved with adding some number/letter at the end.

I used to play Nc1 since 2002. had 2 capped chars and shitload of rare and unique things. then I quit for a long time.. in 2010, I came back, and I was too late to revive my old chars.. so I had to start again..
    ok, so I played for some time, capped 2 chars again, invested my time and efford.. And now I have to start all over again ?
    I'm not asking to return me my copbot rifle or 3 appartments filled with Nc1 rare weaponry.. I dont ask for 100500 WOC disks.
    I just really dont want to level same characters again, to have own Resser / Conster / Poker / Repper + main char

P.S. I would just continue playing on Terra (with nice current patches), BUT, unfortunatly, we dont have that much overall population, to spread it on 2 servers. Its just no fun.
    Proper transfer gives no advantages at all, it only saves alot of time.
    I've got a great idea. Why don't we just take the neoconstruct from the test server and put it in retail. That way all we would need to do is talk to an npc to get any item in the game. We would need to get a woc3 PA vendor in there though.

I have had 4 accounts since NC1, so Ive already done my leveling. It makes absolutely no sense to force people to level new chars and obtain all those valuable items again, I mean, I had like 15 apartments full of super rare stuff. It's not fair for us to not have that stuff simply because there's a new server.

I'm with Excellence here, there's no way that this would even impact the economy on Titan. I wish you guys would understand that we shouldn't have to actually play the game again, because obviously we already played it once years ago.

The REAL Walker

Holy hell.. People for transfers? I like!
    And I definitely support Exellence idea! Excellent idea

Hell, I would be happy with just implants and the safeslot, that way the "market" wouldnt be flooded with high-slot rares.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    It's not fair for us to not have that stuff simply because there's a new server.
    It is fair because of the "Prime Directive"
    New server - new economy - new playground - no intervention.

When a transfer impacts us than without item transfer, just avatar, skills and faction settings.

Enjoy the new environment instead of carebearing about your items on an old server full of duped crap
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Enjoy the new environment instead of carebearing about your items on an old server full of duped crap
    i'm tempted to use this a my new sig. need to think about it.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast