Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    PE should be as effective because he has every right to be as effective. All four classes should have advantages and disadvantages over one another but all four should be as equal and fun to play.
    agreed.

also yes 2.2 is a cluster fuck but im sure it can be unfucked. There is a game hiding under all this shit after all and its a game we all know and love. just needs to get some soapy water and scrub away the shit. I think it was zii who used to have "you cant polish a turd" in his forum title. when the dev team get this game sorted i think this might just be the exception to that rule
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I think it was zii who used to have "you cant polish a turd" in his forum title. when the dev team get this game sorted i think this might just be the exception to that rule
    NC isn't a turd. It's a great game that got some poo on it.

I prefer to think of it as an uncut diamond.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Izeo View Post
    NC isn't a turd. It's a great game that got some poo on it.
    ok maybe a little extreme in the analogy but you get the idea. i fucking love this game more than any other i have ever played. you can see my forum join date as evidence. im a supporter of this as much as anyone here. it wasnt a diss or dig on the game but theres still plenty to do as im sure plenty of folks are aware. didnt mean to piss anyone off with that comment/post but it made a point.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Actually, I wasn't offended whatsoever, I was just trying to make a joke haha. :P
    Sorry for OT. I don't know enough about PEs to contribute, but I do kind of agree with whoever said that a secondary PPU/lesser fighter would be a worse option. I still feel that a full PPU would always be the better choice, because it's very very hard to kill a PPU, and he's an insane support. If we weakened the PE even a little for the sake of slightly higher PPU, the PE could be focused and killed much easier than a PPU monk could be.

But after saying that I have to reiterate that I don't know too much about PEs (always played tanks or spies.. simplest characters I guess) so what I've just said may be total bs.

It was my suggestion. It wasn't intended for the pe to replace the ppu but merely support him. I was thinking more in terms of pve for this change. Not PvP.

the PE isnt the problem, the PPU is. a PPU supported char will always be stronger than any soloing. if we would empower the PE to withstand any supported APU, Spy or Tank, it'd end up in a broken balance, the PE being way stronger than any other soloing char class. of course a PE should be able to fight unsupported APUs, Spys and Tanks. i'm not sure for HC Tanks, but Spys and APUs have a weaker defense compared to a PE, to balance the extra damage. i still believe making the most effecting weapons just a little less effective would both bring in more variety in weapon use and allow the PE to make up larger parts of NCs population.

I cant tell if youre agreeing Torg, can you explain a bit better?

P.s the ppu issue is a whole other thread and too big a topic to cover here. We are just talking about the group dynamics between the pe as a solo class and as part of a larger group. The ppu is to be honest probably the most balanced of all the classes currently (with the exception of antibuff but again thats for another topic).

Youre saying you think that the PE should have higher damage or you think he will be too high damage with a ppu buff? Im a little confused.

If you add the ppu to any class you make him way stronger, that is obvious.

I cant tell if youre agreeing Torg, can you explain a bit better?
    i'd be with you with tuning up psi and nanite buffs for the PE, as well as armour, but just a little. so lowering some psi, int and str requirements could do the job. and i believe the solution to the lack of damage of PEs would be tuning down the damage output of top-end weapons (i.e. dissy), so that weapons within PE usage range would no longer be far worse than top-end ones, but just somewhat. imho the PE is not very far behind a balanced role, balance tuning should be rather careful.

I gave in and made a PE also. I love all the ideas here. Better support and defense would be nice. I was in regants the other night, buffing and healing a friend. Once he was good, I switched to my rifle.

Sometimes though when I see a spy, I say why did I roll a PE? They are fun but not in good shape. I had a capped pistol PE in NC1, back when lowtech was viable.
    Last edited by warbot7777; 02-01-13 at 05:49.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by warbot7777 View Post
    I gave in and made a PE also. I love all the ideas here. Better support and defense would be nice. I was in regants the other night, buffing and healing a friend. Once he was good, I switched to my rifle.

Sometimes though when I see a spy, I say why did I roll a PE? They are fun but not in good shape. I had a capped pistol PE in NC1, back when lowtech was viable.
    I made a PE as my first character on Titan. And it was supposed to be my only character.. I did make a tank later on just to be viable though. And sure, a tank can be kinda fun to play as.. But its just no where near as fun as a PE (was).

Honestly, I dont see myself return to NC till the PEs are balanced Again.. Although, when they start doing balancing, expect to see me on the test server! I need my crack soon tbh!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Agreed. I just want them to lower the PE dex cap to 100m overcap. I would be happy with that for now.

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Agreed. I just want them to lower the PE dex cap to 100m overcap. I would be happy with that for now.

This, plus when they get round to balancing weapon damage across the board (and also mob damage), PE's and I would hope every class will be in much better shape and different weapon types viable again.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123