Default My opinion on Neocron's new fate

Greetings... Old pluto runner here. Long post coming bare with me.

I have started playing when the game was really different from this. There was no woc , there was no berreta or ak47 or silly pa's.

Rares actually were good... the pvp was kinda intense and 'sort' of balanced. There was parashock and hybrids that were quite dominating.

There was no hacknet though, that was quite an addition except for pure hn spys that I think were kinda bored probably as there was most likely bugs in there.

The game was always quite buggy and that's not mentioning the FRE's and sync problems. It still is but I guess with more powerfull machines we get less fatal errors.

The game was always fun both in the start and endgame, but was focused on endgame.

I used to enjoy controlling hunting grounds like Battle Dome because it was a major farming area for techs... now I think warbots have less appeal since techs drop from firemobs , that is something I never really liked at all.

There was CRP and the Desert Racetrack that were quite... intense areas to roam around... pure warfare frontlines.

I never really exploited or duped. I always stayed true to the challenge.

There was a lot of social , faction based relations and politics, as well as major trading and business. Appartments were used for clan meetings and just basic hideouts.

I really wish I could go back and play that original NC1 game and just work from there, sometimes NC2 feels just way too different from that original versions where the Military base was a fighting area , entirely.

This is not a plea or some whining post I just felt I had to share that old nc1 feeling and while Titan and the new start is a really motivating.

I always felt like WOC was badly implemented , and the abandoned balance project really both hurt the game immensely combined with changes like farming techs from firemobs and lack of new content.

Would be nice to have more rare encounters and random special spawns, events, treasures , more variety like when people actually used rares instead of being all obsessed with woc and denying most of the game content.

I still have big hopes , no matter if they fix this current aging versions that needs a lot of work or just make NC:R or NC3 !

I hope you guys stick around this time ... this game is dead since half a decade and finally resurrected properly from the top!

Thanks to the team for making it happen. KKeep the faith

Revkha

Hey le gros.
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

hey mon asti de crisse de tabarnak de siboire de colice

Quote Originally Posted by REVKhA View Post
    Rares actually were good... the pvp was kinda intense and 'sort' of balanced. There was parashock and hybrids that were quite dominating.
    I stoped here. Rares are good...dissy, cs, dev, ppu spells, blah, blah. NC is I would say more balenced now. APU's suck, the rest feels perfectly balenced to me which is more then I can say for how the balence felt way back when...Well maybe PE's could use a little boost but the've always been harder to compare being more of a solo playstyle class.
    Is it more fun now? I certainly didn't say that! It seems I had more fun back in the day.
    Besides this I didn't read on because it looks the same ol' "NC1 was better and I want it back cause this will never be the same" kind of post which is so old now, there's one every other day it seems...I don't understand what the're ment to accomplish...
    GENJI 4 PRESIDENT 2012 2016

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Genji View Post
    I stoped here. Rares are good...dissy, cs, dev, ppu spells, blah, blah. NC is I would say more balenced now. APU's suck, the rest feels perfectly balenced to me which is more then I can say for how the balence felt way back when...Well maybe PE's could use a little boost but the've always been harder to compare being more of a solo playstyle class.
    Is it more fun now? I certainly didn't say that! It seems I had more fun back in the day.
    Besides this I didn't read on because it looks the same ol' "NC1 was better and I want it back cause this will never be the same" kind of post which is so old now, there's one every other day it seems...I don't understand what the're ment to accomplish...
    Genji, mate.. That's just a plain lie..

Weapons that were viable in 2.1 (only gonna mention the ones I tried to use):
    First Love, Pain Easer, Termi, TSU epic, Wyatt Earp, Libby, Judge, Slasher, Exec and Xbow.
    As the weapon I have written down might suggest, I mainly played as PE and spy in 2.0/2.1
    Not only are the weapon balance in 2.2 horrible, but they have removed a lot of viable setups aswell.. No-PA PEs just to give an example.
    If Hybrids are making a return at some point, I hope that they introduce shitbuffing again though.. LOVED shitbuffing
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Genji View Post
    Well maybe PE's could use a little boost but the've always been harder to compare being more of a solo playstyle class.
    The problem with PEs is that they only get non-cap items available to other classes. So you have to be circumspect in how you buff them lest you buff other classes even more. For instance, PEs can usually only barely use the first couple of rares from any weapon tree.

Problem being if you buff one of those to be on-par with a TL115 weapon, then someone with 115 dex is going to get much more damage out of the same weapon because they'll have another 30-40 points of the relevant combat skill and support combat skill (weapon lore and pistol/rifle/heavy/melee combat).

To me the only solution to PEs would be to reduce tank damage by a good 15-20%, reduce spy survivability by a good 15-20% that way spies are properly glass-jawed cannons, tanks are properly tough to kill but weaker and there is now a slot in the middle where a PE can fit, doing more damage than a tank but surviving better than a spy.

Either that or you could add something like a spy's stealth tool or a tank-oriented nano-tool that is used to buff the PE up to on par with other classes but then they have no niche.

class specific weapons bam problem solved pe's are viable again

Class-specific weapons make no sense in lore though... and would result in radically changing the entire structure of the game.

A better solution would be class-specific PA or implants that boost PEs skills to comparable levels with other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by dWintermut3 View Post
    Class-specific weapons make no sense in lore though... and would result in radically changing the entire structure of the game.

A better solution would be class-specific PA or implants that boost PEs skills to comparable levels with other classes.
    alot of shit doesnt make sense... wockett launcher is tank on ly since they are the only once who can reach 115 str!

and stealth devices are class specific already, fuck your lore

Forget the PA, please. Not all of us want to run around like clones.

Id love a viable, rare-using, no-pa setup on my PE.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by L0KI View Post
    Forget the PA, please. Not all of us want to run around like clones.

Id love a viable, rare-using, no-pa setup on my PE.
    That would totally make me quit my job, so I could play more!
    Well, probably not, but I would still play more if no-PA setups became viable again! I miss my old Danish Rage with her Judge and with no ugly PA!
    The setup Im using on Walker is horrible! Just because I refuse to use PA on him..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Genji, mate.. That's just a plain lie..

Weapons that were viable in 2.1 (only gonna mention the ones I tried to use):
    First Love, Pain Easer, Termi, TSU epic, Wyatt Earp, Libby, Judge, Slasher, Exec and Xbow.
    As the weapon I have written down might suggest, I mainly played as PE and spy in 2.0/2.1
    Not only are the weapon balance in 2.2 horrible, but they have removed a lot of viable setups aswell.. No-PA PEs just to give an example.
    If Hybrids are making a return at some point, I hope that they introduce shitbuffing again though.. LOVED shitbuffing
    Jeez noob walker! lol
    I didn't say ALL rares were good, ALL the rares were never good. Yes less of them a good now, but there are still rares that are just as good as the best woc weapons...like the dissy. And tell me how many weapons your tank carrys on him?...All of them rares.
    GENJI 4 PRESIDENT 2012 2016

The best way to boost pes is to boost the bottom end if their skill set not raise the top end. They need better psi and what not.

To be the all rounders they were intended to be they need higher defence to counter the paltry offence they put out.

Rares across the board need to be balanced by tech level. I have said this all along. This is in terms if damage and range, rate of fire etc.

Starting at that point with damage based on tech level then rof and the rest can be adjusted by type. Ie cannons fire slower with slightly more damage perhaps and pistols faster etc.

I think pes generally need a good increase in psi not a decrease. They should have a ressurect spell too. In my opinion they should be a support class with a weapon. Closer to hybrids with guns if you like.

This would give them a more unique role on the battlefield. I don't want to see them replace the ppu but certainly they can aid him.

Bring back hybrid monks ftw...nuff said...I know they are OP but damn they were fun as hell to play!
    Remembering - Skuld,Slutsumi,Doob,Fw,Crunchy,Bad Ass and other ncat members who arent here with us today

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    The best way to boost pes is to boost the bottom end if their skill set not raise the top end. They need better psi and what not.

To be the all rounders they were intended to be they need higher defence to counter the paltry offence they put out.

Rares across the board need to be balanced by tech level. I have said this all along. This is in terms if damage and range, rate of fire etc.

Starting at that point with damage based on tech level then rof and the rest can be adjusted by type. Ie cannons fire slower with slightly more damage perhaps and pistols faster etc.

I think pes generally need a good increase in psi not a decrease. They should have a ressurect spell too. In my opinion they should be a support class with a weapon. Closer to hybrids with guns if you like.

This would give them a more unique role on the battlefield. I don't want to see them replace the ppu but certainly they can aid him.
    I actually like this a lot. Let the spy with a PE friend not have to nanite. More cooperation between classes and more support roles other than "whatever+PPU"
    <-December 2001, do you see that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast