Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Gregory View Post
    That's true. But I think it's a "simple" bug that is not punished. I hope it will fixed in the future.

Safe Spoitting means, that you stand on a spot where u can't be hit by the enemy. Maybe in the caves are some spots where a used by riggers to get no damage while changing the drone. And it's really a problem because u can lvl while ur afk.
    Are you telling us that droners are meant to stand in the open and not in a "safespot" while droning!?
    Theres no way in hell thats what KK thought when they decided to put drones in!

Yeah but it's an old game and the KI isn't intelligent enough to rush forward and break ur cover down. But it is not the only problem. The second problem is, that the monsters could hit ur arm (which holding the weapon) but it isn't possible because there is no hitbox or line of sight or whatever.
    Does that mean when the NPC's walk through boxes, or are half behind boxes and your bullets fly at the middle of them and dont register damage, that the NPC is cheating via safespotting?
    I really only report stuff or tell people if it's really an exploit. That means zero rank bug or safespotting. The cover-thing is currently okay for me.
    I sure hope you dont report people for the zero rank bug! there are plenty of times when this happens and the player cannot get a rank back - dont tell me they should spend 5 minutes trying, they shouldnt have to do any more than load a gun/replace a bit of armour, if that fails, too bad.
    I sure hope you know those people arent afk or droners before reporting safespotters.
    These reports are far too easily abused by players, it should be up to GM's to decide who is in the wrong.

Zero rank can happen quite by accident, was always happening to me at the bunker.

As for regants, even if you don't exploit, the xp available is crazy for how easy it is. Soloing the boss room in any form is not something I see as appropriate for the level of mobs.

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    Zero rank can happen quite by accident, was always happening to me at the bunker.

As for regants, even if you don't exploit, the xp available is crazy for how easy it is. Soloing the boss room in any form is not something I see as appropriate for the level of mobs.
    And fighting mobs in the wastelands that can 2 shot a capped tank is not something I see as appropriate either.

Heaven Forbid I try playing a Pistol user or Melee Tank, and charge anything in the wastelands... lol.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

Quote Originally Posted by Forget My Name View Post
    And fighting mobs in the wastelands that can 2 shot a capped tank is not something I see as appropriate either.

Heaven Forbid I try playing a Pistol user or Melee Tank, and charge anything in the wastelands... lol.

Damn right, my pistol PE is struggling now to do much without support apart from Regents. Make regents just a little harder, and make some of the other caves easier?

6) Graves. Here is where I am confused... You say Regants needs to be fixed because the mobs are too close and can be herded. Then you say graves isn't worth going to because the mobs are spread out. Which one do you want?...
    I didn't say the Graves isn't worth doing..
    I am saying there is no other place in the game that you can zone into, and have a nice group of mobs at that level that you can AoE, zone, rinse and repeat...
    You don't get groups of mobs like that in the wastes, at least not where it happens with any regularity, plus the spawn mobs aren't over 72/72(I think)...
    Graves is the only place that is close, but it takes a little bit of work to get more than a few snakes grouped up to AoE...

Ah, thank you for explaining to me what you meant. I see your point
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

my techs for trade

Leveling speed is fine, it's about the means justifying the ends. The only thing I don't approve of is that most of the rare weapons are nearly useless for PVP (slasher, pain easer, etc), while WoC weapons for PE/Spy are godly.

In any cyberpunk game the top end choices are about STYLE, as most numbers would run the same and be balanced. Style has all but left this game. Let's get some style.
    <-December 2001, do you see that?

Quote Originally Posted by Model192 View Post
    Leveling speed is fine, it's about the means justifying the ends. The only thing I don't approve of is that most of the rare weapons are nearly useless for PVP (slasher, pain easer, etc), while WoC weapons for PE/Spy are godly.

In any cyberpunk game the top end choices are about STYLE, as most numbers would run the same and be balanced. Style has all but left this game. Let's get some style.
    Even though you play a gimped, jealous PE.... I agree with you. :P :P

Top end weapons of a certain type should all be the same damage wise, but have different ways/styles of doing it. I agree 100% with this.

my techs for trade

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Lets all remember that they've dramatically changed the availability of obtaining any woc levels with the closure of the woc tunnels. You will still need a woc disc to activate woc1, and from what im understanding it's gonna be very difficult to obtain these discs from now on.

I think the leveling speed is just fine the way it is. End game content isnt just pvp in p2 or op wars. If you do the high level stuff like mc5 or doy tunnels legitimately you'll need to be near capped just to survive.

On a side note anyone remember this place, people would cap overnight in here

I totally remember that place. I remember when "I " found it and realized how epic of a spot it was, and how each one of those lil guys dropped tech parts. I also remember how word spread throughout the server and it became a gank fest LOL. How could I forget?

i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

I don't see any of that as a problem with Regants, but rather a problem with all the other place.

1) AOE though walls. So? The game has AOE damage that goes through walls. That is a game mechanic, not an exploit.

2) Safe Spotting. I don't know what that is, but as long as it isn't breaking the game mechanics as in sticking yourself INSIDE an object not meant to shield the player then who cares?

As a Tank, I can ALWAYS position myself against an object to my left, so that the cannon on the right can aim and fire past the object, while still shielding me. That is called cover.

I am not saying you meant this, but I am getting tired of people yelling exploit at anything you do in game to take cover. It seems people want to play this fucking game on a flat plane with NOTHING aroujd you. Just you, a mob, and the ground under your feet.

3) Mob damage, range and AI. I can't comment on that since Regant mobs act like every other mob in the game. All mobs have the same exact AI except for some bosses. As for damage and Range, They do more than enough of both. Just don't get close, or do you expect every fight in Neocron to be melee ranged?

4) Herding. Yeah, so? Some players are able to use twitch skills to herd the mobs around. Not everyone can do that. I see people die there ALL THE TIME. With the way damage/armor "works" I can be at 1200 health, then drop to 400 in a second without any rubber banding. I got too close, I deserved the hit.

5) All the other places. Those places had obvious exploit spots, which was why they were closed.

6) Graves. Here is where I am confused... You say Regants needs to be fixed because the mobs are too close and can be herded. Then you say graves isn't worth going to because the mobs are spread out. Which one do you want? Either mobs are going to be spread out, or bunched up. How about different places have both, so players who want to farm Regants' group up mobs can, and players who want to farm Graves' more spread out mobs can as well.

I'll explain why I use Regants. Not because it is easy, but because the rest of the game is too hard. If I zone incorrectly, I have Hoverbombers over my head. TWO HITS, I am dead out of sync. vehicle stuck out in the middle of nowhere. Grim Persecutors... Get too close, BAM, on fire, BAM lose 898 life, BAM dead.

I fully understand that Neocron 2.2 was never finished, and we have an unbalanced mess at the moment, but Regants allows players to cap their Runners in a short time for end game pvp. I'll be damned if I have to play sniper as a Tank to kill one Grim at 3k meters at a time, so I might cap in 2 months.

TLDR: Regants is fine as a leveling spot for end game PvP. The rest of the game needs to be reworked, moved around and fixed so there are more places to level at instead of just Regants. Don't make Regants shitty like the rest of the Wastes, make the rest of the Wastes as good as Regants. Entice players to explore and find new leveling spots.
    I wholeheartedly agree with this

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456