Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Levelling Too Easy?

Titan is what? 3-4 Weeks old? and people are already quite high levels i think for a MMORPG capping a char should take a lot longer, i know some people have been playing non stop and some other people have been exploiting.

On the other hand if you turn down exp there isnt much in NC in terms of quests/missions to keep runners occupied instead of grinding exp.

-= Fallen Angels - Titan =-
    | Smiler - Researcher | Mr Sandman - Constructor/Recycler | Lemmiwinks - Hacknet |
    | Haxxor - Droner | Zmiler - HC Tank |

Leveling in NC is considerably faster than in MMOs, mainly because the focus is not the leveling itself, but the end game.

The problem is that many people know how to level very quickly, with things like AoE being very powerful for xp gain.

Leveling is too easy since the regant cave in the swamp is opened. No problems to cap ur dex as high as u can run fast and level there till WoC X.
    Some other problem is (u said it right), that a lot of player exploiting as hell and there is no easy way to inform the GMs about these players.

The only way is to wait till these exploits are hardly and often punished (by presence of GMs checking the locations) or prevented and to close the regant cave or add some monsters who has hard damage and range-weapons.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." εMahatma Ghandiз

Quote Originally Posted by Haxxor View Post
    Titan is what? 3-4 Weeks old? and people are already quite high levels i think for a MMORPG capping a char should take a lot longer, i know some people have been playing non stop and some other people have been exploiting.

On the other hand if you turn down exp there isnt much in NC in terms of quests/missions to keep runners occupied instead of grinding exp.
    Titan went retail on the 19th of September. Thats 11 days now, and it has been quite often offline too because of the DC problems.

Despite of this there are already many people who have reached WOC1 in Dex.

I reckon that reaching WOC should take months or even a year, but eleven days is really short. In my opinion this is not how it's meant to be.

The main problem in my opinion are the Drones and Regants. Both should be removed.

Good points. One big thing is that it's an existing player base for the most part, so people know the places and weapons well. Without Regants etc it will be slower, but still pretty fast compared to most mmo's. I remember first starting and not having a clue, it took months if not years to cap characters due to knowing nothing about locations, xp, weapons etc

Don't screw with the levelling speed for Christs sake. Why would you want it to take longer to get to PvP. If you want a pve game then play with pandas in wow.

Nc and the player base that is left is all about PvP. The faster that happens the better this game is going to be!

The new players need to experience that as soon as possible. Not take years.

What possible good would come of making levelling harder! Fuck.

I find it essentially important that the established leveling spot chain gets broken. At least up to the launchers people should spread out more.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Yeah I avoid regants like the plague, drones too really, it's such a boring leveling path. On the other hand, the Launcher Cyclops, Warbot, Firemob, Hoverbot path is always a challenge solo, if it starts to grind, change mob.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Don't screw with the levelling speed for Christs sake. Why would you want it to take longer to get to PvP. If you want a pve game then play with pandas in wow.

Nc and the player base that is left is all about PvP. The faster that happens the better this game is going to be!

^This!!

What is wrong with you people?!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Increasing the leveling time will make it difficult for future people to join the game, and feel that they 'matter'. Keeping it as it is allows a decent leveling pace to eventually get to the endgame this game was built for.

Simply put, its not a good idea
    | Gutterson:Res-Rep | Givens:R-C PE | Iron Man:H-C |

X2

Don't mess with the leveling speed.
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

Indeed!

I haven't got the same amount of time I used too. I can only play two hours a day. And that's not every day. I know the places to go for levelling and I'm doing it solo. I don't have to cap my char in a week but a month or so would be nice.

Touch the levelling speed and you loose a player and future paying customer. I can't be arsed to level a year to start decent pvp.
    Terra: The Ottoman and many others

Titan: Butterfly

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

The levelling speed doesn't need to change, but being able to get to WoC in little over a week does.

Bend Over, Touch Your Toes Load's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Ottoman View Post
    Indeed!

I haven't got the same amount of time I used too. I can only play two hours a day. And that's not every day. I know the places to go for levelling and I'm doing it solo. I don't have to cap my char in a week but a month or so would be nice.

Touch the levelling speed and you loose a player and future paying customer. I can't be arsed to level a year to start decent pvp.
    QFT
    i'm in exactly the same boat

Dude back in the old nc1 days we where nearly capped in about 3-4 days and it was fun ! Delete dat char do another one !

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast