Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Okay guys, calm down, everyone... I understand that some of you may be too lazy to read threads, and instead jump to conclusions based on the last few posts of a thread, so let me refresh the thread right quick.

Neocron leveling is done by hording mobs together and using AOEs. If you wish to use single target atatcks, that is fine, but EVENTUALLY you'll get bored after a few weeks of not making a single attribute level, then go to AOE, and secretly understand what we are all talking about here.

Giving AOE to all weapon types ONLY serves to expand the playable builds in the game WHILE LEVELING.

End game PvP is all about Single Target Damage "for the most part" so no one here is talking about PvP. Got it?

Right now, people who understand the game's mechanics and want to level at a decent pace (see, cap in a few weeks instead of a year) use AOE attacks to do so.

So, experienced Neocron players wishing to cap their characters for end game PvP quickly use the following weapons;

Drones - AOE
    Cannons - AOE
    APU Spells - AOE
    Pistols - AOE (although weak, AOE still exists here for pistol users)

Rifles and Melee have NO AOE, and as such is not used by players who want to level faster than a year.

By giving these weapon types AOE, the game entices players to use Rifles and Melee for leveling.

As of now, anyone who is capped and doesn't play 24/7 used a Spy Droner, Tank Heavy, Pistol PE, APU Monk.

(Before any of you PPU users pipe up, you teamed up with AOE users for the exp, don't lie)

The proposed fixes does NOTHING to damage PvP in anyway. Giving melee users Grenades and Rifles users Cone Based Shotgun effects only lets players use those weapon types for LEVELING.

Go ahead and roll up your melee/rifle users, and level in Regants/Graves/Launcher Pits next to AOE users, then after a few weeks come at me bro when you see the light.
    Last edited by Forget My Name; 03-10-12 at 18:50.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

I wish we could sticky individual posts.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Agree with pretty much every point there, it'll breathe a bit more life and variety into the game. Lomming to another set up should be a last resort, not common practice, LOMs used to have SI to discourage this.

man i cant wait to stop using heavy combat on my tank and start sniping with grenades, how high is everyone?

Everyone can Aoe to an extent and i dont think everyone should be able to do everything the same, thats what differentiates classes, you want to AoE your ass off play a tank!

you want to res and buff play a monk...

Im starting a campaign to give tanks PSI back please OMG I CANT BELIVE THAT TANKS CANT USE PSI!!!! how is this fair to them, they are the only class that cant use PSI i dont agree with this and want it changed noW!! someone stuff a cork in my bloody ******

It is not a class issue.

It is a weapon type issue.

Please understand that.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Im starting a campaign to give tanks PSI back please OMG I CANT BELIVE THAT TANKS CANT USE PSI!!!! how is this fair to them, they are the only class that cant use PSI i dont agree with this and want it changed noW!! someone stuff a cork in my bloody ******
    A most eloquent argument sir.

Never mind that background wise they were never meant to have any and it gave them next to nothing anyway. That which it did was replaced with nanites and you got another 25 points in agl.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    It is not a class issue.

It is a weapon type issue.

Please understand that.
    This. It cant be that difficult to add a little bit of splash to say the raygun or atomsmelt variants of rifles, it would be more fun to level a spy if it wasnt '100% droning or dont bother'

Oh, this goes for PE's aswell, worst class to get any WOC on? (correct me if im wrong)
    | Gutterson:Res-Rep | Givens:R-C PE | Iron Man:H-C |

Quote Originally Posted by kevz View Post
    This. It cant be that difficult to add a little bit of splash to say the raygun or atomsmelt variants of rifles, it would be more fun to level a spy if it wasnt '100% droning or dont bother'

Oh, this goes for PE's aswell, worst class to get any WOC on? (correct me if im wrong)
    its only a pita for them since they have to drug to use an rk1000 until they reach the cap, which give them a bugg'd rank (when the drugs wear off, rather quickly) which is less exp gain, when you are closer to cap... since your gaining a low % rather then a set number per shot of dmg done

Also please bring back malivens dildo or w/e his name was and make sure it shoots holy lightening barrel with no req, k thx

AOE rifles!!!! awesome bring it on - I've got a rifle spy and don't intend to grind endlessly to achieve WOC. I'm going old skool and making a dissy spy. Drop WOC completely and bring on AOE rifles!!!!!! Best balancing since the Hybrid nerf!

Yet another well thought out and reasoned reply 'Chuck'....... Sniping with grenades? That's not possible now anyway with the current GL :P Please don't be so belittling just because other people have contrasting opinions to your own, this is only a game after all.

I don't think tanks would lose much without the GL if a lower TL rocket launcher was brought in, or even if they kept it and some other form of low-damage small-aoe weapon was given to Rifles, what's that harm? Pretty much all other weapon types have some form of AoE - it's not a question of class. Infact, PE's can use HC to some extent, so why couldn't Tanks use Rifles to more of an extent too? Variety is great in a game like this, if people want to stick to class based PvP then Tf2 is a good bet It'd be good to see people experimenting with stuff.

amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Dissenter View Post
    Yet another well thought out and reasoned reply 'Chuck'....... Sniping with grenades? That's not possible now anyway with the current GL :P Please don't be so belittling just because other people have contrasting opinions to your own, this is only a game after all.

I don't think tanks would lose much without the GL if a lower TL rocket launcher was brought in, or even if they kept it and some other form of low-damage small-aoe weapon was given to Rifles, what's that harm? Pretty much all other weapon types have some form of AoE - it's not a question of class. Infact, PE's can use HC to some extent, so why couldn't Tanks use Rifles to more of an extent too? Variety is great in a game like this, if people want to stick to class based PvP then Tf2 is a good bet It'd be good to see people experimenting with stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dissenter View Post

believe it or not there are pistol and rifle tanks sorry to burst your bubble there are EVEN PA's for them to do this! go check out twilight gaurdians fac supply. I make these great replies because the IDEAS ARE SO GREAT Lmfao

http://www.techhaven.org/db/view/fsm/tg.html

I'm well aware of that Chuck, but you don't see them very often as most people want to stick to the cookie-cutter set-ups which level quickest - one of the main pillars of the reasoning behind the Rifle AoE suggestion.

Are you intentionally playing devil's advocate or are you sincere in your juvenile style reply? Really, I don't feel this is something that would be implemented fast anyway, but couldn't it be tried and if the big response is negative then removed again? Isn't this how it's been since 2002? Games with a long life like this are very Darwinian and we can see where new ideas have flourished and failed, including the whole NC2/DoY debacle.

If you disagree, then ok, but what else might you suggest instead? Or just keep things as they are? Do you agree some changes might have to be made at all in this game? Lets hear something constructive instead of dismissive from you.

leave most everything the same except monks and PE's making class specific items to bring them in line with other classes................... OR roll everything back to nc1 style values where everyone was a bad mutha OP greatness minus para.

Its really not as hard as everyone is trying to over complicate things... maybe some of this new crazyness could be in NC:R or NC3 we got to be realistic!

I think a rebalance is something which should be on agenda but i know there's alot more that needs looking into first.

-= Fallen Angels - Titan =-
    | Smiler - Researcher | Mr Sandman - Constructor/Recycler | Lemmiwinks - Hacknet |
    | Haxxor - Droner | Zmiler - HC Tank |

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast