Well something strikes me here : fact you all act like spy's can't use AOE. They can in fact use lvl'ing HC weapons, basically all non-rare grenade launchers. I swear I saw a /24 spy in aggies on Titan and he was doing as much damage as a /24 tank... With AOE mind you.

Also you can already spec the spy to use grenades, iirc, it's just that the grenades a not super-efficient.

But if anything, perhaps the Fusion and Ray type of guns should be adjusted to make sense all across the board. Like giving them the same animation and damage/TL than their siblings would be somewhat fine :

Raygun/Fusion Drones = AOE
    Raygun/Fusion Cannons = AOE
    Raygun/Fusion Pistols = Single Target
    Raygun/Fusion Rifles = Single Target

Raygun/Fusion Drones = AOE
    Raygun/Fusion Cannons = AOE
    Raygun/Fusion Pistols = AOE
    Raygun/Fusion Rifles = AOE
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

Spy can use grenade launchers up to tl40. It's hardly the same power as a doombeamer.

I would rather see the ray of god stay as it is. Like a hitech shotgun but I think the redeemer is well worth a boost. A good pe reachable grenade launcher at high end would be good though.

they can use

http://www.techhaven.org/db/showitem/1571.html

I used to cap out str and con

I'm not sure if this is feasable in the game engine, but why not just turn shotguns into a cone AoE? and turn rayguns into their T-C equivalent?

Good idea to make hand grenades a melee weapon. That would not only make them actually useful, but also give Melee some much needed AOE.

As for Pistol and Rifle: Rockets in general really need to just fly straight, like hightech projectiles. As it is, the unstable trajectory is ridiculous and makes them almost useless compared to hightech projectiles, which go exactly where you aim every time. This is true for not only the mini rocket pistol, but also for the H-C rocket launchers, which are also useless.
    There also needs to be a higher tl rocket pistol, around TL80. Not a rare though.

It's an interesting idea to make the grenade launcher a rifle, but I'm not really sure about that. I definitely think it's unfair for any class to get an aoe weapon to start out with, especially one so overpowered as the starter grenade launcher. A good way to give aoe to rifle and pistol would be to just make the fusion/rayguns aoe, to be consistent with the cannon versions.

Please have these changes ready for Patch 166! (Neocron 2.3?) I want to level a spy at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by flib View Post
    It's an interesting idea to make the grenade launcher a rifle, but I'm not really sure about that. I definitely think it's unfair for any class to get an aoe weapon to start out with, especially one so overpowered as the starter grenade launcher. A good way to give aoe to rifle and pistol would be to just make the fusion/rayguns aoe, to be consistent with the cannon versions.

Please have these changes ready for Patch 166! (Neocron 2.3?) I want to level a spy at some point.
    BTW all classes can use the TL3 grenade launcher, which is a great starter AOE weapon. On a spy, you only need 1 additional STR from the startup 2 STR.

Making Raygun/Fusion pistols and rifle be consistent with drones and HC would make a lot of sense, especially since those weapons are neglected because they suck both at PVP and PVE
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    they can use

http://www.techhaven.org/db/showitem/1571.html

I used to cap out str and con
    I didn't even know that existed. That is just about in reach of the PE I guess!

It doesn't matter that everyone can use the grenade launcher. It will only get you so far, once you hit str cap.

On the subject of AoE - I just started my first droner. I'm not crying for a nerf, but I found it a bit surprising that the drones don't take their own AoE damage like players and mobs do....

TechHaven Network *************** nEo-1664's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dissenter View Post
    On the subject of AoE - I just started my first droner. I'm not crying for a nerf, but I found it a bit surprising that the drones don't take their own AoE damage like players and mobs do....
    I discovered this too over the weekend briefly when I was shooting myself too closely :/

Off the to bug reports forum me thinks :P
    The future is unknown until the present reveals it.
    [ Tech Haven Network ][ Item DB ][ Rares DB ][ NC-Wiki ][ NC2.2 Download ][ Fansites & Resources ]
    [00:07:39] [+Danae] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!

take your LE out they drop really fast....

one thing everyone seems to be missing here is the handling on aoe Weapons is really bad they dont aim like rifles and pistols, thats one reason the way they are... I mean if i could be a tank and just use a pistol or a rifle that aim perfectly everytime why wouldnt i just use them over lame ass heavy weapons and put all my strength into resists or melee and be one bad ass hybrid.

this is why PE's need a class specific weapon and we dont need high TL AoE rifles or pistols! nuff said GG peace

This is all down to the LE. Without LE, you can kill your own self as much as you want. This is the same as with VHC, LE'd runners cannot damage their own stuff. It's actually a feature of the LE, and it has been like this for a decade or so, and I don't think we need more discussion of how shitty the overall experience of being LE is.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

I can't help but think of this from the other side of the fence. Don't give more classes AoE, take it away from one instead.

Tanks have their AoE cannons and need to be right in the thick of battle to effectively use them in PvE. Clear shot (with the exception of grenades) to the area full of mobs, they're a big tough solider but have good AoE damage and the range available means they're in danger, especially in smaller spaces. Even a danger to themselves.

APU Monks are our glass cannon class and to get their AoE into battle they need to be close to the heart of it. They need to be within range of the mobs, have clear aim to the area mobs are in and get to have their massive AoE damage as they can kill themselves unless there's a PPU with them.

Then there's droners. A body stood half the world away, behind a rock in a room on his own. No danger to his body from mobs (99% of the time) and safely gets to send a drone into the heat of battle, where it can sit and fire dealing massive damage while playing on the drones biggest advantage. It's tiny and hard to hit. No risk to the character, at all.

Tanks - Big risk to use AoE, gotta think about it in high level dungeons, can solo if careful.
    APU Monks - Biggest risk to use AoE, unless they have a friend to effectively use AoE in high level dungeons.
    Droners - No risk at all using AoE. No tactics required other than somewhere to hide. Can solo any dungeon anywhere.

Surely the answer here is to remove AoE from Drones?

The advantage of droning is that you're a tiny target which can deal big direct damage, you're quick to move and hard to kill as a drone and require some foot work to kill as a character. How is being able to dish out all this AoE damage with next to zero risk to the character in any way fair and balanced in comparison to the other classes? Without AoE drones are still viable, it allows spies to hunt completely independantly as the spy himself is safe against all mobs if they hide somewhere good. They're also of use in OP fights as they can deal big damage directly from the skies while being very hard to take out.

Even though it's always been the case, I still find it very hard to believe that Drones get AoE at all.

Think about it!

actually without AoE droners wouldnt be viable, unless stats get reworked as it is now I dont even think they can reach three star combat rank and it really hurts their dps, they can be out damaged by just about any other weapon. Go use a non aoe drone the dmg is pathetic.

If they're garbage in PvP with current stats, this just illustrates why so many people have droners at all, to farm stuff without any real risk.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast