I didn't see the brainport oops.

I guess because economy is a community issue as much as a suggestions issue.

20mil woc3 pa vendors plz thx

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dWintermut3 View Post
    I didn't see the brainport oops.

I guess because economy is a community issue as much as a suggestions issue.
    Yeah, but the game has been out for a decade without non-duping economy problems. What happened that makes you want a money sink?
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

Terra got pretty bad over the years. Money became...nothing, basically. The economy basically was non-existant.

the cheating/duping/etc didn't help.

The main reason those "AoE farming areas" are closed, are because they can be abused. When you can hit a mob with a weapon, but it can't hit you, its abusive. People abuse those areas, they get closed.

I do think there should be some fun meta-game type stuff added that players can participate in, just think its a ways off and down the priority list right now.
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

Pretty bad is generous. Credits were absolutely meaningless. Hell I, someone who never tradeskilled or pve'd, had probably 300 million credits between my 3 accounts. I have all arti 5 slot everythings, an ARS, etc. I hardly did shit and I was balling out of control. The Terran economy was totally raped.

. ...Thats a better way to put it, yes. Lol
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Furniture and plants etc. They are money sinks. I dont think the game needs more at this point in time. in the future this could be a point to discuss.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

The economy pretty much went around the second year of NC1, partly because there weren't any cash sinks at all really. People were getting (and continue to get) much more than they spend from mob kills and missions.

The main reason is that at cap you simply don't spend as much as when leveling. My Titan char is constantly after more cash because she needs a new weapon most of the time, she doesn't even have any armour.

Aside from PA and furniture, there's no running costs at the high end. Techs can be traded, ammo, drugs, medkits and etc. can be recycled and the reveler and quad are way too cheap to repair. GR costs (as has been mentioned numerous times) could be uncapped from 4k and/or increased as it's generally capped players that use them.

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

If they uncappped GR, etc i would like to see it somehow based on how much you have.
    As im not a player that gets into clans really, never really makes friends in these sorts of games and doesnt play 20 hours a day/isnt the best player/doesnt get to farm the best spots, etc, even at cap i am always low on money.
    I may have one char that can make alot, but they always support the rest and to me GR costs are already too high.

That being said, they certainly need to have a cash sink, although like my prefference above this would not be popular, i think clans should be taxed, perhaps clans then taxing members, but again, all based on what they can afford.

Make the GR the moneysing because everybody has to use it all the time.

Take 10% of the money if your rank >= 60.

One thing to take into account is the amount of people double or even triple logging. Having multiple chars online at once means people are not tipping for pokes, research, construction and are using their own barterers to build items and sell onto the market. This isn't a problem on titan right now, but it soon will be.

Thread moved and merged with an earlier discussion of the same topic. A lot of ideas in both threads which deserve discussion and expansion. Changed thread title to encompass the entire issue being discussed.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kanedax View Post
    Pretty bad is generous. Credits were absolutely meaningless. Hell I, someone who never tradeskilled or pve'd, had probably 300 million credits between my 3 accounts. I have all arti 5 slot everythings, an ARS, etc. I hardly did shit and I was balling out of control. The Terran economy was totally raped.
    I think I had an absolute maximum of 20 mil between my 3 accounts on Terra..
    All my Money went to drugs, GRs, Implant tips and armor..

I kindof disagree with the endgame money thing. Back on terra, even though my main apt is stocked with imps/rares/trophys and whatnot, my chars are all poor as hell from OP waring.

In an hour OP waring I can easily spend 100k worth of GRs, drugs and ammo. I never go PVE'ing on my capped chars and have close to no money and have to beg clanmates for money or take it out the clan bank. In many occasions has my teamates had to GR back to give me cash so I could GR in the next OP.

Now on the other hand, I remember clearly going to auctions on Terra with a few millions to my name, and coming up empty handed because well-known tradeskilling clans would buy everything, going as far as bidding 20mil (cap money) for certain items.

What I'm saying overall is, that PVE'r are usually richer that PVP'r, so I dont think any type of money malus should be applied to clans or OP waring. If anything, I think more money should be generated from owning outposts.

Hopefully someone will propose more viable ideas to have end-game PVE'r and tradeskillers spend their cash on. Like Eye-phones that breaks to pieces when you drop them or when you die, or live broadcasts of OP wars via the terms.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    I kindof disagree with the endgame money thing. Back on terra, even though my main apt is stocked with imps/rares/trophys and whatnot, my chars are all poor as hell from OP waring.

In an hour OP waring I can easily spend 100k worth of GRs, drugs and ammo. I never go PVE'ing on my capped chars and have close to no money and have to beg clanmates for money or take it out the clan bank. In many occasions has my teamates had to GR back to give me cash so I could GR in the next OP.

Now on the other hand, I remember clearly going to auctions on Terra with a few millions to my name, and coming up empty handed because well-known tradeskilling clans would buy everything, going as far as bidding 20mil (cap money) for certain items.

What I'm saying overall is, that PVE'r are usually richer that PVP'r, so I dont think any type of money malus should be applied to clans or OP waring. If anything, I think more money should be generated from owning outposts.
    Yeah, thats the exact same problem Ive always had. The amounts of millions I have had given to me, because I was too poor to do anything is insane.. PVP costs a ton of Money!

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    Hopefully someone will propose more viable ideas to have end-game PVE'r and tradeskillers spend their cash on. Like Eye-phones that breaks to pieces when you drop them or when you die, or live broadcasts of OP wars via the terms.
    Hahahahaha great idea!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast