Page 4 seems to be bugging....
    EDIT

Seemed
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Making GRing more expensive is a good idea to hit the players who are no longer playing levelling fees, I'd go with that, although I'd suggest travel to OPs owned by your clan should remain cheap.

Another one is to make ressing techs require much, much more research lube, and indeed constructing rares much more expensive on construction gel. Tradeskillers will have to pass the cost on to people they do the work for. However, if you leave non-rare costs alone, then it doesn't effect the already cash-strapped levellers.

However, all the costs in the world won't stop the amount of cash in the economy steadily going up. Especially if populations decline, you end up seeing the same amount of stuff concentrated in less people.

The solution to this though, is not lowering kill rewards or the money that people get from selling items. It's the opposite, increasing all of this - as well as increasing the costs that players have to pay out again. Inflation is the solution as well as the problem - as the player-to-player economy inflates, what needs to be done is to have the player-game economy inflate too. Sitting on a million or two for months or years would no longer mean much, if soon new players earned that much just levelling up. It means that costs rise in line with player wealth. It means that new players no longer have to perform tasks for high-levels just to get their edge in. The question of course is, without an auction house or player shops, how do you track what inflation should be? Ideally you'd use something like the price of unressed techs, but it's hard to know what that is. Also, if costs aren't high enough, you run the risk of causing runaway inflation with rates in the 100s or even 1000s.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Drugs is a pretty noticable moneysink though IMO..
    Im personally using 5-10k every 10min on drugs (depending on which character Im playing)...
    Not really, i always have enough loot to recycle stacks of drugs.
    Alles wird gut!

irgendwann?

hoffentlich...

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygen View Post
    Not really, i always have enough loot to recycle stacks of drugs.
    That may be so, but Im not a PvE'er (at all), so I never have anything to recycle with...
    Thats why its always the PvE'ers and tradeskillers that has all the Money, and the PvP'ers always are poor..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

cmaster, I don't like your inflation suggestion. It's no solution, it's a workaround.

A solution would be a stable currency! This means, money should always have the same value to the player, more or less. It's like in the real economy, inflation is only good for some people, not for all.
    What we need is control mechanisms to affect the amount of money floating IN to the economy and the money OUT, done. This is important, it's not only about manually creating money sinks, it's about getting an overview of both sides and a systematic approach.

Give these mechanisms to some GMs or better, an automated tool with the job to maintain a stable currency, and problem is solved.

Nose are you an accountant?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

nah, industrial engineer and going-to-be electrical engineer

@nose, a stable currency is nice but how should it work, the people don’t want to work they want to play a game. Some players aren’t that rich and never are, some are, most games prefer tradeskillers and PvE looters. The money sink should not hurt players too much with no ambition to make money and must really hurt rich players, for example a player owned factory or research lab which gives you op like bonuses or additional features. I personally played NC over a long time period but i was never a really rich person.
    Alles wird gut!

irgendwann?

hoffentlich...

jeah and they can but whats the use in everyone having endless millions of credits?
    only effect is that bought stuff is worthless because everyone can have it.
    trade skillers wont work for tips anymore, because money is worthless, too. So they only work if they feel like helping others.

I do agree that working for every penny is too much but there must be a point where money still got a certain value for all players and players at least need to think a sec before deciding to buy stuff from a vendor.
    And that point must then be conserved by the mechanisms which still are to be found.

right now we are experiencing the way down inflation again while in the beginning this feels right, we soon will arrive at the mentioned point and then exceed it by having too much money in game.
    This has to be prevented.

Perhaps runner housing costs should be increased. Something like making all non-starter apts rentable on a per/time basis and that nicer apts with features like, all access and such be made available for rental trough NPCs. If you stop paying, your stuff gets locked in there untill you pay the rent you owe and get access again.

Or just make apts cost a shitload more than they do now. Something like 10mil for a nice luxury unfurnished via3 apt, but perhaps all these apts should connect to P1 somehow for commodity.
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Runner Housing should have Rent.

You pay a daily rent. If you don't, you don't lose your house, instead you cannot enter it unless you visit the housing npc and pay him.

Rent would be paid automatically from your account. Only if you default on your payments do you have to visit the NPC and pay him.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

Quote Originally Posted by Forget My Name View Post
    Runner Housing should have Rent.

You pay a daily rent. If you don't, you don't lose your house, instead you cannot enter it unless you visit the housing npc and pay him.

Rent would be paid automatically from your account. Only if you default on your payments do you have to visit the NPC and pay him.

Cool idea in concept terrible idea in reality.... apts are basically bank vaults for people its where you keep all your stuff, what happens if you miss a payment?

This idea could be discussed in it's own thread perhaps. It would require many changes though, which makes it unlikely but the overall idea is a good one : make something nice available for rent to players, which they continuously have to pay to maintain.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Cool idea in concept terrible idea in reality.... apts are basically bank vaults for people its where you keep all your stuff, what happens if you miss a payment?
    Did you read my post you quoted?

I literally answered your question in that post.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

no you didnt and you contradicted yourself... if its automatically withdrawn, how do you miss a payment lol?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast