Thread: Exp Slower?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Exp Slower?

Sorry I haven't played in a while and the last time I did play was on the Terra server. Rolled a new toon on the new Titan server and I swear it the exp gain rate seems a lot slower than usual. Forgive me if i'm mistaken though, like I said I haven't rolled a new toon in a very long time.
    ZeuZ - Shadowbane
    ZeuZ - World of Warcraft
    ZeuZ - Lineage 2

most likely appears slower because the gear youre using now is inferior to what you probably had in terra
    TITAN
    Fenyx Rifle Spy - Fenix PPU Monk -
    Draven HC Tank - Turkish Pistol PE -
    Magneto Slotgod - Fenix-Res Researcher -

I wish NC's soundtrack was a bit more like this ...

Xenocell's indiegogo fundraiser!, mmo fps-rts that ive worked on, check it out

lol yea, new toon chopping down spiders n shit !
    ZeuZ - Shadowbane
    ZeuZ - World of Warcraft
    ZeuZ - Lineage 2

Quote Originally Posted by jvasquez33 View Post
    Sorry I haven't played in a while and the last time I did play was on the Terra server. Rolled a new toon on the new Titan server and I swear it the exp gain rate seems a lot slower than usual. Forgive me if i'm mistaken though, like I said I haven't rolled a new toon in a very long time.
    Leveling in nc is difficult at first with any class imho, tank is probably the easiest.

Titan: Sublime - Crahn Sect PPU/poker 12/7

I believe they capped how much exp per shot is obtainable... for example ceres labs are garbage for exp (compared to what it used to be) in comparison with much easier places

I think it has something to do with the rebalancing of weapons and implants...

It's nearly impossible to cap damage on them(weapons) as a lowbie and most of the implants have had their stats/boni reduced, so your just not doing as much damage as you used to..

In addition to that, player combat ranks seem to be alot higher than they used to be, considering the damage they put out, making it so you have to move to higher level mobs sooner..

The bottom line is your just not putting out the damage you should, to justify the combat rank you have...

At least that's my theory anyway...

But an experienced player usually knows where to level next, the trick is knowing when to move on...

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    I believe they capped how much exp per shot is obtainable... for example ceres labs are garbage for exp (compared to what it used to be) in comparison with much easier places
    higher leveling places will give you the same exp per shot for your shit weapon regardless of the level of mobs So you need a higher TL weapon to kill them faster imo.

No reply, I guess I'm right then, and I am because simply it would take so many more lines of code just to screw with peoples heads that it would neither make sense or be worth the hassle... You're right thinking they could have lowered the overall EXP gain but I've not seen that at all, I actually felt it was faster, but that is because I know where to spec points so they affectly increase my damage over time.

EXP gain in neocron has always looked to be a very simple process, you're either below the mob or over it, if you're under it you get the full EXP per SHOT from your weapon, if you're over that mobs level you gain increasingly less EXP + money + loot until that mob becomes grey to you and you gain nothing, so it is in fact a 3 stage system, red, yellow, grey dead simple. Other than that all you need to know is the more damage you do per SHOT the more EXP per SHOT you will gain.

Quote Originally Posted by LiL T View Post
    No reply, I guess I'm right then, and I am because simply it would take so many more lines of code just to screw with peoples heads that it would neither make sense or be worth the hassle... blah blah rim me please
    christ, i thought things matured with age....

anyway, summary;

The experience you gain per attack (hit) is dependant on the TL of the item your'e using, the mob your'e hitting, and the damage dealt. its also dependent on your attack rank and the mobs rank, too high and you will receive nothing, lower and you will receive full xp for your attacks.
    To maximise your xp you'll want to cap the damage and frequency on your weapon, it is also worth taking into consideration that its very likely going to be better xpusing a slightly lower TL weapon that does area effect as your'e hitting more mobs at the same time, though if you are fighting single targets, go for the single shot weapons that you cap or are close to capping.
    TITAN
    Fenyx Rifle Spy - Fenix PPU Monk -
    Draven HC Tank - Turkish Pistol PE -
    Magneto Slotgod - Fenix-Res Researcher -

I wish NC's soundtrack was a bit more like this ...

Xenocell's indiegogo fundraiser!, mmo fps-rts that ive worked on, check it out

Quote Originally Posted by \\Fényx// View Post
    christ, i thought things matured with age....

anyway, summary;

The experience you gain per attack (hit) is dependant on the TL of the item your'e using, the mob your'e hitting, and the damage dealt. its also dependent on your attack rank and the mobs rank, too high and you will receive nothing, lower and you will receive full xp for your attacks.
    To maximise your xp you'll want to cap the damage and frequency on your weapon, it is also worth taking into consideration that its very likely going to be better xpusing a slightly lower TL weapon that does area effect as your'e hitting more mobs at the same time, though if you are fighting single targets, go for the single shot weapons that you cap or are close to capping.
    Yeah I guess that explains it then, which is basically what I said, the higher your TL the more damage you do but also the higher your combat rank = diminishing returns.

The fact is someone is saying its harder to gain EXP with no real proof, just blatant dis info, that is what annoyed me, it leads to stupid rumours and confusion...

Oh, and btw i'll act as mature as i want to thank you very much sir...
    Last edited by LiL T; 26-09-12 at 04:42.

you dont really go to woc tunnel unless (ever been?) you rolling rare weapons(max TL) they are all 127/127 (highest in the game) yet you get better exp from regents....

I think they nerfed certain places because droners could cap woc in less then 24hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    you dont really go to woc tunnel unless (ever been?) you rolling rare weapons(max TL) they are all 127/127 (highest in the game) yet you get better exp from regents....

I think they nerfed certain places because droners could cap woc in less then 24hrs
    Who ever told you they can cap in less then 24 hrs is exploiting, the reason you get more exp at regents is simple, there are a fuck load more mobs and each of them have a lot of hitpoints...

How many hours of gameplay does it actually take to get to cap though? If you play three hours a day and cap in a week, that's still only 21 hours. Droners especially can get very high xp amount in a given time when they reach a certain level.

I believe it was shown/proven (though this is back in NC1) that with pre-built gear and imps on stand-by with a PPU, you could cap a tank in 12 hours.

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    I believe it was shown/proven (though this is back in NC1) that with pre-built gear and imps on stand-by with a PPU, you could cap a tank in 12 hours.
    Think there was an NCAT or maybe uTs guy who did it on Uranus? May not have been capped but he was close. Although I suspect a bit of naughtiness may have helped them along.

If you had gear ready - imps, armor, ammo, money and so on; along with no one to interference I think you could do it at regents, after sewers, cellers and MB perhaps. 24 hours straight mind is hard going! But if you know how to kite a good bunch of the mobs and not die while giving them the chase you can get very good xp.

Capping CON is another matter, I've leveled fast at regents in the past week on my PE but only on about 31 con where everything else except Dex (1 lvl to go) is capped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast