I have been curious about the skill points you have the option to edit durring character creation for many years now. This has mainly been because it says "It is only recomended for advanced players" but of course I have always edited them to swap from one skill to something i thought would be better but never noticed any effect throught the development of my character.

Now that I am back in the NC scene again and with the new TITAN Server release I though it would be a good time for me to do a detailed analysis on how changing these templates effect character growth.

The out come of my analysis revieled nothing special in the sense of character growth, these skill points are exactly that, just a few extra skill points to spend in attribute subskills; however some of the data may be helpfull in deciding what character you may want to create and very helpfull for someone wanting to create a new skills emulator or calculator.

First I want to clerify what Class, Template, Attribute, and Skills are, please skip this paragraph if you are not a beginner.
*The Classes are Private Eye, SPY, Tank, and PSI Monk
*Templates are the JOB you select in the beginning. Assassin, Driver, Engineer, Field Medic, Hacker, Infiltrator, Inquisitor, Preacher, Droner, Scientist, Smuggler, Soldier, and Berserker.
*Attributes are Intelligence, Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, and Psychic Power. You gain experience points in these, once you get enough experience these attributes will begin to level untill you cap them our for your class.
*Skills are are all subskills of each attribute. For each level you get in an attribute you will get 5 points to spend on that attributes subskill's, in the beginning you can advance a skill 1 fore each point you spend in that skill but the once you have 50 in that skill it will cost you 2 points to advance 1 untill you get to 75, 76-100 will cost 3 points to advance 1, and 101+ will cost you 5 points to advanced 1 in that skill.

* Each class starts with their attributes at a certain level reguardless of which template you choose. Templates are just Reakktors vision of how skills should be distributed in the beginning for each Job. It really does not matter which template you choose as long as you know what class you want to use However you should choose a template whos profession starter quest reward you will get some use out of, you can check them out here http://www.techhaven.org/db/view/mr-jones.html .

Lets say you know you want to select the Driver Job and want to be a SPY, you can really choose any other Job where you can also be a SPY then at the Profession Template Editor you can can rearrange the points for each skill to match the Driver Template if you wanted too.

*So really I find its best to just sink all your points into skills you plan to use for the life of your character, even then it really doesnt matter because you can lom those skills if you really wanted to later. If you wanted to be a pistol spy you can put all your template points into pistol only and maybe some hightech combat if you want to use T-C pistols then later if you changed your mind and wanted to go rifle you can just lom all your pistol points and put them all into rifle.

*This first data table will show you the level of each attribute when you first start the game and the total number of skill points you have to spend in the subskills of each attribute durring character creation at the profession template editor.

Private Eye SPY Tank PSI Monk
Intelligence 3 20 5 78 1 10 4 40
Strength 3 40 1 10 5 78 1 2
Constitution 3 10 2 20 4 40 1 10
Dexterity 3 78 3 40 2 20 2 20
Psychic Power 1 2 5 2 0 0 5 78

I also wanted to know how many points are extra this meaning the number of points if you subract abillity level down to zero and the points for those levels in those abillities, how many points are remaining. This will be the "extra points" or "free points" as i like to think of them that you get for you class. You can lom (reset) your abillities down to zero and get those skill points back to respend if you wanted but no real good reason to do that, also there are some skills that you can not lom, if you have less than 5 points in a skill and the abillity level is 1 you can not lom that skill, thats why in this next table you will see some abillities at lvl 1 with 2 skill points.

This next table will show you the free points you get for each class if you subtracted the points added from your starting abillity levels.

Private Eye SPY Tank PSI Monk
Intelligence 0 5 0 53 0 5 0 20
Strength 0 25 0 5 0 53 1 2
Constitution 1 0 0 10 0 20 0 5
Dexterity 0 63 0 25 0 10 0 10
Psychic Power 1 2 1 2 0 0 0 53

This next data table will show you Class Abillity level caps and skill caps - this is always usefull to everyone :P

PE SPY Tank PSI Monk
60 300 100 500 25 100 100 500
60 300 40 200 100 500 20 100
65 325 40 200 100 500 45 225
80 400 100 500 75 375 35 175
35 175 20 100 0 0 100 500

I will post my data table that will display all job/class template data if you someone really wants me too but it is a big table like 28 collumns and 38 rows, you can revier all kk's templates and compair but if i havent made my self clear before this is probably the most useless thing about NC. Well I take that back for absolutely new players the template will kinda point out what where you want some skills for the profession you have chosen so in that sense it is usefull but for any player that has been around the block it is the most useless part of the game.

I will list what professions the different classes can be:
Assissin PE SPY
Driver PE SPY Tank
Engineer PE SPY PSI Monk
Field Medic PSI Monk
Hacker PE SPY PSI Monk
Infiltrator PE SPY
Inquisitor PSI Monk
Preacher PSI Monk
Droner PE SPY
Scientist SPY PSI Monk
Smuggler PE SPY PSI Monk
Soldier PE Tank
Berserker PE Tank

What I think you should do when creating a character is decide what class you want to be and what weapon you will use mainly and what ever tradeskill or support skill you will be using like Recycle, Implant and so on then on the Template Editor make sure you put points into those skills, simple as that.

Please let me know if you find any errors and your thoughts, thanks for reading