Default [00656]Bugged Transport-weight and movement

Sometimes you are overcumbered when you clearly are not and vice versa.

Allow me to expand on this. I've discovered that when you recycle junk, it doesn't recalculate the weight load properly. This is very noticeable when you recycle a large amount of junk into something lightweight like stam boosters or medkits, and are completely over encumbered, even without a lot of junk or medkits/stams. Relogging fixes this, but it a huge pain and usually a have to reteam, etc.

oh i never noticed this, although i regularly recycle my medkits and ammo ...

will have an eye out on this. maybe this doesnt always happen?

Quote Originally Posted by flib View Post
    Allow me to expand on this. I've discovered that when you recycle junk, it doesn't recalculate the weight load properly. This is very noticeable when you recycle a large amount of junk into something lightweight like stam boosters or medkits, and are completely over encumbered, even without a lot of junk or medkits/stams. Relogging fixes this, but it a huge pain and usually a have to reteam, etc.
    Thx for expanding. Is suppose there are more bugs in that area. Because my char never recycled stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by flib View Post
    I think the same mechanism causes the weight problem when constructing items, for example weapons.

The used up weapon parts are not calculated correctly after item creation so the char's inv is getting heavier and heavier until relog.

NC For Free!

Exclamation [R#176]-[Video] Weight Limit Issues When Recycling

I found when I'm doing things like Recycling and get overloaded I tend to have the client show the wrong current weight limit. Of course since the client thinks its overloaded you move like an ant and etc.

Video Example:
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

Rezoning does not seam to fix it. Any workaround so far besides relogging?

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by baracoder View Post
    Rezoning does not seam to fix it. Any workaround so far besides relogging?
    None that I have seen yet. Almost need a forced packet to recalculate.

I can confirm that bug, too.
    Relog is the only way to fix it.
    The bug was present in R#174, too.

Yeah i can confirm it as well.

I do have a theory however. Dont place anything in the large window to the right, put it among the trash you use to recycle with (so in one of the 12 small "windows"). It will figure out you want to clone ammo just fine. The end result is supposed to go into the big window, so i have a feeling the already present stack of ammo somehow bugs out the weight addition. After i stopped using the big window myself, i think my free load issues stopped.

Havent seriously tested it though. Someone else do that

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post

I do have a theory however. Dont place anything in the large window to the right, put it among the trash you use to recycle with (so in one of the 12 small "windows"). It will figure out you want to clone ammo just fine. The end result is supposed to go into the big window, so i have a feeling the already present stack of ammo somehow bugs out the weight addition. After i stopped using the big window myself, i think my free load issues stopped.

Confirmed! Thanks so much. This will save me a lot of relogs that end up being crashes and less team kicks LOL

Good stuff, glad it worked

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post

Hmmm.... I wonder if this workaround is new for R#176 or if you guys are just lucky:

I am a bit neurotic and thus organize everything neatly to it's designated place.
    So I always put the trash, the ammo and the tool inside the small slots because the resulting ammo will pop out inside the big slot. (So it would be totally wrong to put anything in this big slot...^^)

Well: I still got this bug on a regular basis with R#174.

Unfortunately I am not able to test if this is gone on R#176 right now. But I promise to look into it as soon as I get back to my own computer.

I had the same problem building stuff or do research. I became more and more heavy.Put nothing in the big process window has helped.

Thank you very much
    Last edited by Veno; 23-02-14 at 16:11.