Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I am very pissed.

I find this really cool game called Neocron 2! Sci-fi MMO, FPS, open PVP... Man it excited me, so I installed made my character, went to pepper district..And boom, nothing but NPCs.. It really got me mad because of how much potential this game has, Can someone please reassure that I can have SOME population? Maybe pepper district isnt the main hub? Maybe it IS dead? I really want to play this game, but I have no idea what to do, and without players I don't know where to go or what im doing.

Go to plaza sector 1

Quote Originally Posted by silentkill234 View Post
    I find this really cool game called Neocron 2! Sci-fi MMO, FPS, open PVP... Man it excited me, so I installed made my character, went to pepper district..And boom, nothing but NPCs.. It really got me mad because of how much potential this game has, Can someone please reassure that I can have SOME population? Maybe pepper district isnt the main hub? Maybe it IS dead? I really want to play this game, but I have no idea what to do, and without players I don't know where to go or what im doing.
    You did pick Titan as your server, right?

My new toon is a ppu Crahn Sect and there where lots of people in pepper park while I was on?

Well I say lots, there was about 10-15 which is allot for NC

Titan: Sublime - Crahn Sect PPU/poker 12/7

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by =REMUS= View Post
    Well I say lots, there was about 10-15 which is allot for NC
    10-15% Im guessing...? Since 10-15 people is very low, even for NC
    (For Silentkill234: 1% = 10 people).

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    1% = 9 people BTW.

and wow, if that makes u rage...
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    No, 10 or 15 people in pepper park.

I remember PP having much more population when all Plaza zones were no weapons! I think people Pvp'ing in P2 makes no sense, atleast in PP it's meant to be a bit more lawless

Quote Originally Posted by Dissenter View Post
    I remember PP having much more population when all Plaza zones were no weapons! I think people Pvp'ing in P2 makes no sense, atleast in PP it's meant to be a bit more lawless
    That's how I feel as well...

*shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by =REMUS= View Post
    That's how I feel as well...

*shrug*
    I Agree, Wherever the safezone end's, there will be zone huggers, it does make more sense to push this to the zoneline between P3 and PP1.
    TITAN
    Fenyx Rifle Spy - Fenix PPU Monk -
    Draven HC Tank - Turkish Pistol PE -
    Magneto Slotgod - Fenix-Res Researcher -

I wish NC's soundtrack was a bit more like this ...

Xenocell's indiegogo fundraiser!, mmo fps-rts that ive worked on, check it out

Agreed 100%
    Plaza 1,2,3,4 & Viarosso 1,2,3 Should all be Safe Zones
    Subway & Outzone Station should be Safe Zones (Remove safezones from here when the start appartment location is sorted)
    Pepper Park 1,2,3 Should be high penalty Zones (Only due to the fact of the shops/vendors that's now in Pepper Park)
    Tech Haven, Military Base & Canyon should be Safe Zones but guards can attack enemy factions.

-= Fallen Angels - Titan =-
    | Smiler - Researcher | Mr Sandman - Constructor/Recycler | Lemmiwinks - Hacknet |
    | Haxxor - Droner | Zmiler - HC Tank |

Agreed Haxxor

Makes no sense to me that TG and CA can run around in each other's strongholds.

I just had another idea - maybe to help populate multiple zones in the city, give each zone a specific bonus. Maybe even to certain pro-city factions or make them faction/ally specific. For Example - P1 perhaps give a +imp bonus, being a big medicare building. P2 some different tradeskill bonus, same for P3 and 4. Maybe this would help spread out the population and give the city some more life, and encourage competition between tradeskillers. Maybe for PP have different kinda of bonus, maybe slightly higher barter and other boosts - but this comes at the risk of it not being a safe zone.... opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Dissenter View Post
    Agreed Haxxor

Makes no sense to me that TG and CA can run around in each other's strongholds.

I just had another idea - maybe to help populate multiple zones in the city, give each zone a specific bonus. Maybe even to certain pro-city factions or make them faction/ally specific. For Example - P1 perhaps give a +imp bonus, being a big medicare building. P2 some different tradeskill bonus, same for P3 and 4. Maybe this would help spread out the population and give the city some more life, and encourage competition between tradeskillers. Maybe for PP have different kinda of bonus, maybe slightly higher barter and other boosts - but this comes at the risk of it not being a safe zone.... opinions?
    Thats not a bad Idea, although, i think it should maybe be given to the faction HQ's and it's that factions members and allies that recieve the bonus, with certain area's such as medi giving a boost to implant (due to the facilities) PP could maybe give a barter boost or even a small combat boost, as you know, your charachters keeping his eyes out for possible enemies, an adrenaline rush or something...
    TITAN
    Fenyx Rifle Spy - Fenix PPU Monk -
    Draven HC Tank - Turkish Pistol PE -
    Magneto Slotgod - Fenix-Res Researcher -

I wish NC's soundtrack was a bit more like this ...

Xenocell's indiegogo fundraiser!, mmo fps-rts that ive worked on, check it out

Yeah, obviously it's need to be balanced quite well, but I think that would be a good way to populate other zones and might even be better for stability than having everyone in P1. You could even go so far as to have Industrial Sector give a construction boost, so high level character would have to guard their constructor friends while making rare weapons. - Granted you get this at factories, but this is a more central location where you don't have to GR.

Or could make the bonus bigger with LE removed, like back in the day but with skill bonuses instead of XP. Would kinda make sense in an RP way that non-LE characters get a slight bonus in PP as it's a more sleazy area, but you pay the price at being able to be killed.
    Last edited by Dissenter; 22-09-12 at 15:46.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast