Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Seems my original question was misconstrued.

I meant that Terra should be closed down and Titan should continue its promising existence. However a char transfer service ought to be implemented much later from Terra to Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Some of us, who have been here for years Arent exactly teenagers anymore.. We just do not have the time to do it all over Again..
    My characters represent a decade of work that shall not, and cannot, be repeated. I am 40 years old and shall turn 41 this year. I have about thirty years left and 40 if I am lucky. I'm not going to level up and cap another four chars. The idea is faintly ridiculous

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by zii View Post
    My characters represent a decade of work that shall not, and cannot, be repeated. I am 40 years old and shall turn 41 this year. I have about thirty years left and 40 if I am lucky. I'm not going to level up and cap another four chars. The idea is faintly ridiculous
    Only 27 here, 28 in about a month. But with a fulltime job (often quite a lot more than fulltime), salsa 2-4 times a week, random dates and random drinking, there really isnt a lot of time to spare
    And I currently have 12 capped characters on Terra.. Fat chance that Im gonna do that Again lol.

agreed with drop out in what hes saying. I do have slightly more time on my hands at the moment as im only working part time and studying (if you can call it that) part time. I also have a distinct lack of money which means i play to save what i have (neocrons great for making you forget to eat and stuff.)

However. I truly believe some kind of transfer should be offered for us if at all possible.

Im gonna go out on a limb here with the most radical idea yet but here goes. If you cannot transfer the database and do server merges or what ever behind the scenes to allow players to use our Terran chars on Titan then I would like like to offer a suggestion of how to placate the mob.

Heads up GM team this is gonna be labour intensive. Assuming you can see peoples chars on terra would it be possible to allow people to roll the equivalent on Titan and then have a GM level them to the equivalent level on Titan? ( i can hear the groans ) Yes i realise this will be time consuming etc as it would have to be done on a case by case basis etc and would need some prep work doing by the runner themselves (ie have all chars created and ready to rock when the gm says right its your turn son your up.)

Sorry guys but the pacifist/diplomat in me is trying to see a way to placate everyone and retain as much of that 20%+ pops as possible and grow it. This is whats more commonly known as a monumental ballache but it (could) work.

It also eliminates any issues of fucking up the economy or any of the other crap thats been floated around about why a transfer is not viable etc.

My best suggestion would be make it restricted to a certain number of Characters. 4 springs to mind as its a 4 slot server but that really would be up to you guys.

Ps. I would pay if i could to get my toons moved. i wish we could to show some real tangible support. Kind words on a forum dont pay the bills.

TL;DR? (Runner rolls char on Titan who wants to transfer over from Terra. GM levels char to equivalent status on Titan. Runner is happy)

______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I know what you suggested is possible. I had a char on Venus which I attempted to transfer to Pandore during nc1 -> nc2 transfer period. Unfortunately the character data except the name were beyond redemption. (Char stats and items were lost. Only the name remained.) (actually I cannot recall whether this was from Venus to Pandore, or Venus to Mars to be honest - too long ago.)

The solution they suggested was for me to create a character on Neptune. The GM then logged onto and adjusted the stats so that these were the same as what was lost. No items were restored, but I did not mind too much.

It is a lot of work and not really viable for a large installed base. It would be far easier for them to export the data in the table and import into the titan dB. Also, it is easier to script. Even so, this is still extra work. Their is an existing set of scripts (including UI) for char transfer from nc1/nc2, but we do not know what state these are in.

I expect char tranfer later rather than sooner, because establishing a new Titanium user population has to have a higher priority. ( I've been waiting for years for these +20% populations and I would rather let them concentrate on Titan and its new economy and new players - I can wait a little longer. ... but not for years ) Although its priority ought not to be that low.

(Hey, spot the new demonym above! )

I hope they don't allow transfers, it'll just ruin the competitiveness of the economy again if someone transfers a barterer/researcher/constructor for all the new and old people starting again.

I can't personally put as much time in as some due to working 6 days a week currently and putting in extra hours for a promotion available to me in 6 months time, but i'm just going to enjoy the game for what it is... when I can.

Titan: Sublime - Crahn Sect PPU/poker 12/7

I thought gms were capping chars and stuff when they tested titan. To be fair if they just capped a load of toons I would be happy without the points being spent. I don't care about the items and sympathies. I can get all of that back easy. I just want my caps and wocs please. Xp is.not important either. I don't plan to woc any more than I have except one toon.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by =REMUS= View Post
    I hope they don't allow transfers, it'll just ruin the competitiveness of the economy again if someone transfers a barterer/researcher/constructor for all the new and old people starting again.
    How could it ruin the economy when the rest of the chars on Titan are already capped [...in a few month time.]?

Are you proposing monthly resets of all characters on Titan? I cannot see this being popular with anybody!

Rgds,z

P.S I've already seen people with rank 50 on Titan.
    P.P.S Where is the trolling smiley icon?

How could it ruin the economy when the rest of the chars on Titan are already capped [...in a few month time.]?

Are you proposing monthly resets of all characters on Titan? I cannot see this being popular with anybody!

Rgds,z

P.S I've already seen people with rank 50 on Titan.
    P.P.S Where is the trolling smiley icon?
    What the hell are you going on about?

Titan: Sublime - Crahn Sect PPU/poker 12/7

titan got wiped after stress test, there will be nofucking xfers stop asking its trolling at this point, fuck off and go level thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    titan got wiped after stress test, there will be nofucking xfers stop asking its trolling at this point, fuck off and go level thank you
    If all you can manage to add is Fuck You, then go fuck yourself Chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by =REMUS= View Post
    What the hell are you going on about?
    Do I really have to explain this?

You said it would ruin the economy.
    It cannot ruin the econmy because _no_ items nor money could be transferred. Only character stats. If all the existing chars on Titan were capped (as they will by next month), then the playing field is level.

Furthermore, this thread was about fragmentation between the servers. Since everyone is playing on Titan there is no fragmentation. Terra is empty. @GM please would you kindly close this thread as it no longer serves any purpose.

Anyway, I shall leave you all now.

Best of luck and enjoy yourselves.

The REAL Walker

If all you can manage to add is Fuck You, then go fuck yourself Chuck.
    /agreed.

closed by request

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123