Default Bring back the NC1 models, amirite?

NC1 models (which we all loved) vs. the blocky/ugly bullshit we have now.

No, seriously though, they fit WAY better into the whole gritty/cool world. The new ones look like utter and complete shit. help us out devs, swap in the NC1 models. The NC2 models don't fit in the world AT ALL and look like SHIT.
    Last edited by Model192; 17-09-12 at 04:45.
    <-December 2001, do you see that?

not feasible dude. its been said a million times. it cant be done for certain reasons according to sources. If they got artists to draw up and render NC2 models using the old nc1 style then yest that would work but they cannot be ported accross. i forgot the reasons why but it was discussed by a mod/gm. Try searching. I will vote for the NC1 option but thats purely to show support for this if they could get artists who could do such as i posted above. and for free
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

Agreed with Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    not feasible dude. its been said a million times. it cant be done for certain reasons according to sources. If they got artists to draw up and render NC2 models using the old nc1 style then yest that would work but they cannot be ported accross. i forgot the reasons why but it was discussed by a mod/gm. Try searching. I will vote for the NC1 option but thats purely to show support for this if they could get artists who could do such as i posted above. and for free
    iirc the reason was the animation skeleton of the NC 1 models would break current NC 2 models animations or something of sort. NC 2 has a lot more animations than nc 1 did.

Now called Kane Gregory Dark-Destroy's Avatar

This is a goddamned old discussion. To bring back the NC1 models to NC2 isn't possible.
    ==> current forum activity account: "Kane Gregory"

thank you setlec. Model why not get the first post altered a little and reset the poll to see if the community wants the old models used as influence for some new skins. say in nc:reloaded perhaps. if it happens. You can guarantee the result will be a resounding yes
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Bullshit that it's not possible. Maybe it would be a shitload of work to get them working and they don't currently have anyone who is able to do the work, and they wouldn't be comfortable implementing them without all the NC2 animations, which is fine, but to say that it's not possible is a lie.

It may not be possible Flib, even if the models are the same size, the joints may be in different places, hit boxes different sizes, etc.
    Not saying that they couldnt remake them, but the point of saying they cant do it is: If they have to redo them, they are not the old models! That is aside from the fact that they dont have the resources and any resources they do have can be used to much greater effect elsewhere.

Third option: New models.

Quote Originally Posted by Model192 View Post
    NC1 models (which we all loved) vs. the blocky/ugly bullshit we have now.

No, seriously though, they fit WAY better into the whole gritty/cool world. The new ones look like utter and complete shit. help us out devs, swap in the NC1 models. The NC2 models don't fit in the world AT ALL and look like SHIT.
    I agree + this post actually made me lol

Titan: Sublime - Crahn Sect PPU/poker 12/7

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    Third option: New models.
    I vote for this.

This is the official stance as per a few weeks ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Farril View Post
    Heya,

I know a lot wants the old models back for nostalgica and personal taste. But that is not - as you seem to assume - done with simply enabling the models again in the defs.

Once enabled in the defs, the Outfitesr have to be adjusted, the animations have to be extended, the attachments have to be corrected, the char creation would have to be redone and a not so small amount of bugs with them needs to be fixed (i.e. the ever rotating upper bodies, invisible portraits in the login, etc)

The GM Model is one of the old ones and it often causes troubles when used with the new layer model system. (ie. resetting/vanishing, head/body missmatch) Sure, the new ones are also not perfect i.e. the giant lip.

But I think for something that is personal taste we should not introduce more problems.

And on a personal side. I do not think that the horde of clone black chars with a big butt looking like ninja do really fit better into NC. We always had a lot of runners choose advantage (in being badly visible/noticeable) over look and feel.
    I'm sure you all agree there are masses of things higher up the to do list.

I've removed the poll, I don't want anyone thinking that it's outcome might carry any weight. Regardless of that fact, we'd much rather sit and read your actual thought out opinions in a quality post, than gather feedback of something this significant from a simple idle click.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Here Here Triv!
    Leave the models, once everything is running really well and KK have made some more money from the game and are back on thier feet, then they can make us new models of the old ones!

its totally possible.... theyd have to bring back old weapons models and skins too

Although not important at this stage, everyone wants them back - The old PE model with the flame pants, The PE with the red hair! Man those were the good times. The old models were CyberPunk.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast