Default [IDEA] About the new server

Hi

A lot of people are afraid to lose their stuff, and a lot are not !
    Here is the Idea:

Available a transfert for only one Char per account on the new server.
    The new server should have minimum 2 slots, so per account you will only be able to have one old Char from Terra or Mars with his QB, implants and armors, and the second slot for a new Character.

You will lose your apps and rare parts, but not your MC5s or you only GM spawn weapon or your only WOC 3 PA.

That would not kill the economy since you won't want to trade your only gear.

People will be able to XP with the new slot, and still go PVP in P2 or OPs or wherever they want.

I think that would be a good compromise.

What do you think about it ?

Velia PPU Immune
    Jas SPY Immune
    Dronah SPY Immune
    Teeh Tank Immune

The discussions about whether or not to transfer with items is getting tedious...

Fresh server, fresh start, no transferring anything is my opinion!
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

let's wait for the official announcement and see IF there is a new server to come.

and judging from the polls, a new server should start new, empty and clean. so no transfers. what for? for those choosing to join it, the thrill is the new race for fame amongst the players. and that would be spoiled for everybody by having transfers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    The discussions about whether or not to transfer with items is getting tedious...

Fresh server, fresh start, no transferring anything is my opinion!
    Especially since Terra will stay anyway.

Zoltan tweeted it in this very moment too.
    Last edited by Ivan Eres; 15-09-12 at 15:53.

The REAL Walker

I think I can predict two very empty servers from now on (not counting Mars)..

The think is, everybody doesn't have the time to play again blablabla it s has been already said, no what i fear the most is that the population will break into one on Terra and one on the new server.

And since the holy Z spoke, Ben 'Zoltan' Wagner ‏@GM_Zoltan
    BTW. The new server is _NO_ compensation for Terra or Mars. Its a fresh server with a fresh start... Terra & Mars will be still available.

and will the new server be totaly un-Ddos-able ?

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Velia View Post
    The think is, everybody doesn't have the time to play again blablabla it s has been already said, no what i fear the most is that the population will break into one on Terra and one on the new server.

And since the holy Z spoke, Ben 'Zoltan' Wagner ‏@GM_Zoltan
    BTW. The new server is _NO_ compensation for Terra or Mars. Its a fresh server with a fresh start... Terra & Mars will be still available.
    Yeah thats what I fear aswell..

Ofc not.

let's make it DDOS back and call it chuck norris ...

Any fresh start server will mean an end to "Logan's Emporium" for me......

it took many years to legitimately gather the resources, not only for the shop and look, but to be able to deliver free and heavily subsidised weaponry to the citizens of Neocron....

I wouldn't have the time these days with family etc. to rebuild, now that's not to say I wouldnt play, I most certainly would, but probably a couple of low maintenance combat chars levelled over a period of months in my case, not days or even weeks.

So for me the game would change entirely and not because I have any great need for what I have, there's no attachment as it is just a game after all, but for what it allows me to do and deliver to others in game.

Closed - Until Further Notice

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle View Post
    Any fresh start server will mean an end to "Logan's Emporium" for me......

it took many years to legitimately gather the resources, not only for the shop and look, but to be able to deliver free and heavily subsidised weaponry to the citizens of Neocron....

I wouldn't have the time these days with family etc. to rebuild, now that's not to say I wouldnt play, I most certainly would, but probably a couple of low maintenance combat chars levelled over a period of months in my case, not days or even weeks.

So for me the game would change entirely and not because I have any great need for what I have, there's no attachment as it is just a game after all, but for what it allows me to do and deliver to others in game.

Same. Although as time went by I would probably just quit.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

given, that such a shop might indeed be a true benefit for the whole server, maybe this case would be worth an exception?!

but I don't want to have to decide this. the alternative of the logan shop only living on in the memories of their witnesses is not so bad either, as I'm sure all, who were involved had a great time. and maybe someone else will use the great example to start a similar enterprise on his own ...

The idea of a new server is not all that bad. Yes, many of us spent countless hours (10 years) creating blueprint libraries, leveling characters, gathering crap. In the end though, it is about the people who play the game with you. Most of us vets can walk the neocron maps in our dreams. People like Riddle has a talent and dedication which is what a new server would need.

I think a fresh start would offer a unique opportunity to "relive" the days of our youth.
    I bring nothing to the table.