Default Vehicles & requirements

I would like to throw out the idea to remove the driving profession altogether, as driving should be considered a secondary skill and should be treated as such.

No full combat char can afford points in VHC if they are going to be viable, at best the 15 for a quad maybe.

This leaves most high end flying & combat vehicles out of reach. Very few people dedicate the high level of points to make use of them, so unfortunately we don't see many DOY bombers flying around!

I would suggest that VHC should no longer be required, that vehicles instead be linked to your level. Early levels you can use quad, moving on to bikes, hovertecs then mid range 25-45 you gain use of combat vehicles. One near cap 50+ you get to use all flying and high end combat rhino etc.

If your taking a combat vehicle then the gunner will still require the combat skill necessary to shoot it, don't want to unbalance combat! Just allow people to make more use of them.

Also give a boost as a levelling reward to new chars, get to 10 you use a bike, get to 50 and fly!

Op wars involve people running around in groups as most have little to no VHC. They should be able to rock up on bikes, transports, gliders! It would make the sky's more accessible and the VHC much more used.

Plus create some business for brammers

Closed - Until Further Notice

I would roger that.

Plus: Vehicles should be able to take more player dmg. A tank is a tank.

jeah! make base INT lvl the requirement for aircrafts and STR the req for tanks, for example!

I'd love that. would revive the whole vehicle crafting business, too...

Thumbs up

Making vehicles drivable according to your character level - I like the idea.

Now on the subject of crafting/selling vehicles, it takes a lot of player resources to build them.

To be able to sell all vehicles (Except Jones and Epic ones) I need a constructor, researcher and four barterers. Why 4? Well NEXT sells most of the non-researchable vehicles, but then you need 3 more in 3 different factions to get the rest. (Take a look at http://www.techhaven.org/db/keys/vehicles ) I suggest making all vehicles researchable again like they was in Neocron 1.

Also the V3 Rhino is at a price over 500k - that's just way too much for anyone to consider purchasing.

Completely agree with ALL points.

Vehicle damage should also be looked at, as in make it more efficient but make the ammo seriously high to recycle. Make the recycling tradeskill more useful. That would mean high level tradeskillers would split their Dex between recycle and rep so as to be able to run their vehicles. However there should be some system in place for the non-tradeskillers also to use vehicles. Like cheaper repairs at the warp garage for example.

The repairer should be able to spec his repair points into his repair to replace the points he would lose in his high tech combat or Pistol/rifle combat etc but the damage output and the survivability he gets from his vehicle should replace this as a viable levelling alternative.

I would like to see vehicle combat levelling in anything thats not a cave tbh. That would rock. I'd actually secretly love to driving around on my hovertec and have some arsehole trying to bomb me in a DOY Glider!

People should be able to spec low amounts of repair and still get some form of benefit too - like Tanks and Pe's who can afford to spend maybe 50-75 repair perhaps (at detriment to their other skills in dex ofc) then they would be able to enjoy the advanced firepower of their vehicle compared with the damage output of their own main weapon.

essentially i would like to see vehicular combat become the mainstay of levelling tradeskillers - even the hacknet toons perhaps could level in this way when not in hacknet.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Slaving over Sony Vegas CMaster's Avatar

Not convinced by the idea of scrapping vehicle entirely. I like the idea that driving is a skill that can be offered, not just something along the lines of WoW where every high level character has a set of mounts. However, I'd certainly accept that requirements could afford to come down a fair bit. Also, there's probably some space to make vehicles a bit more available to other classes - at the moment, a dedicated tank is the solution to drive almost everything - perhaps a few more armed vehicles using RC (or going with the idea of being suitable for HN characters and making some sense, maybe TC should become the standard (and only) req for vehicle weapons, with str/hc being retained just for those "handheld" vehicle weapons, eg Reveller, APC.

Beyond that vehicle damage needs to be buffed considerably. I'd suggest starting with doubling it, and then seeing how it goes from there, expecting to have to raise it further, but perhaps by different amounts for different vehicles. One of the nice things here, is that there is pretty much no worry of vehicles being overpowered, at least for PvP (there could be some PvE issues). People fighting on foot have such an advantage over vehicles in so many ways, that a big damage bonus is necesary to give vehicles any PvP purpose (vehicles may also need a aiming time boost to have any PvP use, will have to investigate)

Also, make all vehicle keys salvageable again. Nobody is going to risk vehicles in combat with the current costs (on a non-horribly inflated server), at least not as more than a novelty. Equally, might be worth making the reveller more expensive to repair, so it's not such a default anti-vehicle-vehicle.
    Last edited by CMaster; 19-09-12 at 09:09.

Remove VHC req. Tie vehicle speed, handling and traction to VHC.

Remove HC req for vehicle weapons, base weapon performance off primarily WEP, but also all the main combat skills, PC, RC, HC, MC, RCL, etc.

TechHaven Network *************** nEo-1664's Avatar

I wouldn't mind seeing less player damage being taken when using the gun on the back of a Reveler or V1, as when gunning, you are behind a guard that the barrel sticks out through. Yet damage is taken directly to the player as if nothing in front protecting.
    The future is unknown until the present reveals it.
    [ Tech Haven Network ][ Item DB ][ Rares DB ][ NC-Wiki ][ NC2.2 Download ][ Fansites & Resources ]
    [00:07:39] [+Danae] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!

Indeed, +50 resists or something, like a zone bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    Indeed, +50 resists or something, like a zone bonus.
    That would work without being OTT I would think
    [ Tech Haven Network ][ Item DB ][ Rares DB ][ NC-Wiki ][ NC2.2 Download ][ Fansites & Resources ]
    [00:07:39] [+Danae] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!

One thing more: All VHCs except the "Reveller" (epic) should be destructible. The Reveller should have a faction requirement.
    --> we will see more different vhc-types again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruder Malmsdoo View Post
    One thing more: All VHCs except the "Reveller" (epic) should be destructible. The Reveller should have a faction requirement.
    Do you mean a faction requirement to drive it?

Also, the Reveller is the only vehicle that is indestructible afaik. It looses HP, but does not blow-up.

Yes... only a NEXT-member (not my prefered faction) should be able to drive it. We have these kind of reqirements on other faction items too (CA-Armor, CM-Chip, ...). Other factions can use the 4x4 chaincraft. Also the Jones-Quad doesn't blow up. Thats why we see so few other vhc-types used.

The REAL Walker

There shouldnt be a faction requirement on the Reveler.. Thats a horrible Idea IMO.
    Actually, all faction requirements should be removed IMO.

And Neo; The Quad (from the Driver-Jones mission) is indestructible aswell.
    Which I dont mind btw - It IS from a Jones mission, so you shouldnt be able to Loose it - just like all the other Jones rewards.

Without an explanation your thesis lacks the force to convince other people. Why ist that idea horrible?

We need things that help indentifying with a faction, because NC is also a RPG. The Reveller is certainly not overpowered and has the same specs as the 4x4-Chaincraft. But the worst thing is, that indestructible Vehicles make all other Vehicles nearly obsolete regarding transportation. You can see it every day on the server.
    Last edited by Bruder Malmsdoo; 19-09-12 at 14:53.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast