Question New Server and starting from beginning, or not.

Voting in german thread.
    Selection options in poll:

1. Yes, definitely
    2. No, absolutely not
    3. I do not care

watch this:
    http://forum.neocron.com/showthread....09#post2188609

greetings
    +++ Zero Tech Limited-Collaboration of Neocron (ZTL-CNC) +++
    +++ Plaza 3 Sidestreet Enter A pw: ZTL-CNC +++

No thank you.

Worst case scenario I would be ok with an item and money wipe but not a char wipe. I am happy to farm rares for my kit again but I do not want to level all the way to woc all over again on 7 chars.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    No thank you.

Worst case scenario I would be ok with an item and money wipe but not a char wipe. I am happy to farm rares for my kit again but I do not want to level all the way to woc all over again on 7 chars.
    Thats ok^^ i hope, you give your voice on the poll^^

greetings

yeah I voted no. I cant write enough fluent german to translate my wishes so i just voted for a straight no.

yeah I voted no. I cant write enough fluent german to translate my wishes so i just voted for a straight no.
    I'll give you a hint. I translated a lot of things with google translator. it works fairly well and is relatively accurate in the translation, I think.

greetings^^

English:
    "No thank you.

Worst case scenario I would be ok with an item and money wipe but not a char wipe. I am happy to farm rares for my kit again but I do not want to level all the way to woc all over again on 7 chars. "

German translation:
    "Nein, danke schön.

Ich wäre einverstanden mit dem Löschen der Items und des Geldes, aber nicht mit dem Löschen der Charakterdaten. Es wäre in Ordnung wieder rares jagen zu müssen, aber ich werde nicht noch einmal 7 Charaktere auf WOC leveln."

Just in case you still want to post it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    English:
    "No thank you.

Worst case scenario I would be ok with an item and money wipe but not a char wipe. I am happy to farm rares for my kit again but I do not want to level all the way to woc all over again on 7 chars. "

German translation:
    "Nein, danke schön.

Ich wäre einverstanden mit dem Löschen der Items und des Geldes, aber nicht mit dem Löschen der Charakterdaten. Es wäre in Ordnung wieder rares jagen zu müssen, aber ich werde nicht noch einmal 7 Charaktere auf WOC leveln."

Just in case you still want to post it there.
    Eng:
    What's the point if you can keep the Chars, but without money and items? And still on the servers that will be picked on constantly? That does not change the situation unfortunately. With a new server, which is protected against such attacks, the thing looks different. Perhaps the play allows a stable.
    greeting

Ger: Was bringt es, wenn man die Chars behalten kann, aber ohne Geld und Items? Und das noch auf den Servern, die ständig gehackt werden? Das ändert leider nichts an der Situation. Mit einem neuen Server, der gegen solche Angriffe gesichert ist, sieht die Sache schon anders aus. Vielleicht ermöglicht das ein stabiles spielen.
    Gruß

Voted no.

However I see the merits of a new server with less vulnerability to attacks, but having recently returned from a 6 year absence and almost capping a tank in the past weeks thanks to having some spare time I'd be very reluctant to be forced to do it all again. If characters with their inventroy, gogu and credits could be transferred I feel this would be the best compromise.

This would be a good move in my opinion, with increased stability and no more hacked neocredits/items.

Would be cool to introduce a new anti hack system.. i feel like there are gaping holes in neocrons security against hacking/duping.

The REAL Walker

Definite no from me.
    I have used 6 years on my characters and their items. I do not want to start over, nor do I have the time to.

yes please wipe it all, the new improved player base will only explode more!

Letesh I meant I would move my chars if I could keep them without items and money. I wouldnt want to start from 0.

Ivan Eres thank you for the translation!!!

Everyone else would be starting from 0 too, I think that's a fun concept, you wouldn't have to level alone, cave teams would be easily found...etc....etc...etc

Titan: Sublime - Crahn Sect PPU/poker 12/7

Fresh economy. In fact really fresh. If you think about it when neocron 2 launched there were a whole load of nc1 refugees with implants and high level gear. Not to mention a lot of players came fully capped. This would be a completely new start, levelled playing field.

There wouldn't be years and years of history. No hoarded items, a world of noobs and a chance for a new experience. Could be good. Could just split the community or the novelty could wear off and everyone goes back to terra. It's tricky. Make it a one character server like Pluto. Pluto rocked. Make this eu server hardcore. It's going to be tough anyway...
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by =REMUS= View Post
    Everyone else would be starting from 0 too, I think that's a fun concept, you wouldn't have to level alone, cave teams would be easily found...etc....etc...etc
    Not for long though. The population currently is too small for that. There would be roughly 50% of people hardcore levelling their assess off to go op fighting and probably about the same in casual levellers who would eventually as time went on find themselves in the same situation they are in now. The longer time went by the more the casuals would give up and go elsewhere or long for their chars on Terra etc.

I would estimate that a few more wouldnt even bother to transfer, they would just give up and go elsewhere without saying a word. As happened in NC2.

I genuinely believe that this is the worst thing that could happen to an already fragmented community.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast