this might help in the discussion:

http://desperate-programmers.com/200...-works-part-i/ (it's also about damage calculation)
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

@ Madmeleefreak
    I had armor, resistance and basic resis but this did not affect on the inflicted damage.
    If all weapons would have an efficiency of like 66% its fine. Just sort out the woclauncher. If i go pure on damage i get about 2500 damage @ info. Would result in like 1500 inflicted damage in PVP. The woclauncher is not in the list but ive tested it and it was around 25%. Remember the time when it comes out? It dealt heavy damage.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

Quote Originally Posted by Powerpunsh View Post
    @ Madmeleefreak
    I had armor, resistance and basic resis but this did not affect on the inflicted damage.
    If all weapons would have an efficiency of like 66% its fine. Just sort out the woclauncher. If i go pure on damage i get about 2500 damage @ info. Would result in like 1500 inflicted damage in PVP. The woclauncher is not in the list but ive tested it and it was around 25%. Remember the time when it comes out? It dealt heavy damage.
    Ah I see. So you took the dmg value before any armor, shield or resistence was applied. As I said it's been a while since I've messed around with that stuff my self and I didn't remember that the log actually would show raw damage and raw PvP damage prior to any reduction through shields armor and resistence.

So this kind of proves my point that this is not simply a balancing issue but a serious bug. As far as I remember John Does plans it should work the same way on each weapon: In PvP raw damage is reduced to 66% and after that the further reduction per shields, armor and resistence is applied. If the numbers show that the damage reduction in PvP is not the same for each weapon then the game is a lot more messed up than I thought or the numbers are wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12