Thread: Old models?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Old models look cheap. Happy with the new ones. Would be nice to see all of Neocron brought up to a more modern standard in terms of models.
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Doing something for the community! Damn right you get banned
    It's cool.
    You can't just let people modify their defs.
    Though it's a shame in terms of models and sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    warbots look like the guy from that iron giant movie or something
    Oh, you mean this pretty girl right here?
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PD_786x0Ui...rior_Robot.jpg

Because that's obviously from Judge Dredd.

Doing something for the community is different from ignoring it's rules.

Updating the player models would be great, but not including the powers that be is naive at best, and arrogant at worst.

Redo the models if you wish, but submit them to the people running the game first in order to gain acceptance from the beginning rather than simply expect them to be accepted by virtue of their nature.

I do feel the need to re-stress the points made in this announcement. With the exception of RPOS graphic files, client modifications be they cosmetic or otherwise, are not permitted and will result in your account being banned.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Old models were the best, and still are. You see many old models around in game used by NPC's players could potentialy use them should KK allow it with a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dru Blood View Post
    Old models were the best, and still are. You see many old models around in game used by NPC's players could potentialy use them should KK allow it with a patch.
    indeed!

Heya,

I know a lot wants the old models back for nostalgica and personal taste. But that is not - as you seem to assume - done with simply enabling the models again in the defs.

Once enabled in the defs, the Outfitesr have to be adjusted, the animations have to be extended, the attachments have to be corrected, the char creation would have to be redone and a not so small amount of bugs with them needs to be fixed (i.e. the ever rotating upper bodies, invisible portraits in the login, etc)

The GM Model is one of the old ones and it often causes troubles when used with the new layer model system. (ie. resetting/vanishing, head/body missmatch) Sure, the new ones are also not perfect i.e. the giant lip.

But I think for something that is personal taste we should not introduce more problems.

And on a personal side. I do not think that the horde of clone black chars with a big butt looking like ninja do really fit better into NC. We always had a lot of runners choose advantage (in beeing badly visible/noticeable) over look and feel.
    Farril
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

»Dum spiro spero«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Still they should be brought back with a patch, orignal models were Cyber Punk the new models are Sci-Fi they don't fit.

Now called Kane Gregory Dark-Destroy's Avatar

Okay, let's try to find a compromise. Find someone who create new models in cyberpunk style :P
    ==> current forum activity account: "Kane Gregory"

Nice! I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Dru Blood View Post
    Still they should be brought back with a patch, orignal models were Cyber Punk the new models are Sci-Fi they don't fit.
    Exactly think shadowrun not firefly (( and the HUD omg please this abomination must go

wouldn't be easier to add the old skins on the new models instead of reimplementing the old models? Just a thought.

If you had an artist and a coder who could do replications of the "old" models that could work. Redesigned and brought up to date with those styles in mind. I think thats what farril is saying, that and the fact they cant just let players use the old model skins because of all the problems.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I also hate the new models, the female PE and female monk look like little girls, the tank is hardly different than the PE except the female tank model, the new models also appear to be too small and their hands looks strange.

To sum it up the new models look like space cadets and the old models looked badass

The REAL Walker

Sorry for bumping this, but the old models were horrible..
    We need to move forward, NOT backwards! In time I hope to see all models ingame getting "up to date".
    I dont say that the current models are good, but they are a lot better than the old ones.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast