Thread: Old models?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Old models?

Hey guys, just a quick question: Is there any possibility to use the Neocron 1 Character models in Neocron 2? Well, I don't really like the "new" ones... they just don't fit in my opinion. Always wondered whether there is a legal model exchanger or something like this.
    If not: Please think about implementing this feature in NC: Reloaded.

There is no legit way of replacing character models or most other game assets.
    There are very few exceptions that allow you to edit parts of the client, e.g. the HUD, and I strongly advice anyone not to taper with his/her client beyond this, for we will have to shut down your account otherwise.

honestly new models are why i don't play anymore ...

Now called Kane Gregory Dark-Destroy's Avatar

If it's really the only reason u don't play anymore, u would not a bit deserved to play anymore
    ==> current forum activity account: "Kane Gregory"

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Destroy View Post
    If it's really the only reason u don't play anymore, u would not a bit deserved to play anymore
    Maybe it's not a reason to stop playing Neocron but imho the new models just look and feel wrong. Just compare the old tank models with the new ones: You can't (really) distinguish between the classes by simply looking at the player model. In the old times a tank was muscular and bulky, the spy looked mysterious, the monks had their robes and the PE just looked badass.
    Okay, the new models have more polygons... but that's it. They all look kind of the same to me. :/

lol those "new models" are like 8 yrs old

Quote Originally Posted by Mizore View Post
    Maybe it's not a reason to stop playing Neocron but imho the new models just look and feel wrong. Just compare the old tank models with the new ones: You can't (really) distinguish between the classes by simply looking at the player model. In the old times a tank was muscular and bulky, the spy looked mysterious, the monks had their robes and the PE just looked badass.
    Okay, the new models have more polygons... but that's it. They all look kind of the same to me. :/
    Those polygons make them bug out constantly with theyre elongated jaws backward torses and broken arms..... looks god fucking awful... alot worse then the old models

I was working on a patch, to a point where I only had to fix the weapons position but then the banwave happened, so my Account is now locked for a couple thousand days. Also, I didn't really touch player models at the time. Obviously not blaming you guys (since it was my own choice to modify client files) but seriously, every single person I showed this to said he/she would be really happy to use it. The 'new' models really don't fit the overall look, so... maybe in a future patch...? :P

Edit: Also, learning how the gui texturing works was a serious pain in the ass.

NC For Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I was working on a patch, to a point where I only had to fix the weapons position but then the banwave happened, so my Account is now locked for a couple thousand days. Also, I didn't really touch player models at the time. Obviously not blaming you guys (since it was my own choice to modify client files) but seriously, every single person I showed this to said he/she would be really happy to use it. The 'new' models really don't fit the overall look, so... maybe in a future patch...? :P

Edit: Also, learning how the gui texturing works was a serious pain in the ass.
    Doing something for the community! Damn right you get banned
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    lol those "new models" are like 8 yrs old
    they ARE almost 8 years old by now..

Hey guys, just a quick question: Is there any possibility to use the Neocron 1 Character models in Neocron 2? Well, I don't really like the "new" ones... they just don't fit in my opinion. Always wondered whether there is a legal model exchanger or something like this.
    If not: Please think about implementing this feature in NC: Reloaded.

The old models lack a lot of animations...

they don't have animations for psi or some new gestures that should be animated like the new models

warbots look like the guy from that iron giant movie or something, but they also have kind of poor animations, they would make a bad choice as a playermodel
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 10-08-12 at 14:06. Reason: Triple post. Merged.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrip View Post
    The old models lack a lot of animations...
    they don't have animations for psi or some new gestures that should be animated like the new models
    As I remember they don't really lack animations. The 'new' "let's-throw-the-hands-into-the-air-like-a-crazy-chicken"-PSI-attack-animation was a simple "focus-the-target"-animation back then. Maybe there are some missing animations but I don't think that these animations are linked to the models? Let's start a petition for an "old model option" in NC:Reloaded.

As I remember they don't really lack animations. The 'new' "let's-throw-the-hands-into-the-air-like-a-crazy-chicken"-PSI-attack-animation was a simple "focus-the-target"-animation back then. Maybe there are some missing animations but I don't think that these animations are linked to the models?
    They are also missing most, if not almost all, of the emotes.

Let's start a petition for an "old model option" in NC:Reloaded.
    Or..... new models in the style of the old?

The old models might have had the right feel/atmosphere, but there are awful for any game beyond 2000. They're presumably updating the zones, so I don't see why this can't include the player models.

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    The old models might have had the right feel/atmosphere, but there are awful for any game beyond 2000. They're presumably updating the zones, so I don't see why this can't include the player models.
    I guess they won't be updating the textures of the environment. The old models just fit better into the environment.
    Well, if they are really willing to update the environmental graphics new models will be just fine. Don't know how much work and money they want to spend into the new Neocron...

Btw. the old emotes also were greater than the new ones. I just remember the emote when you typed in "gm". Ahh, good times!

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    I hope they don't update the zones too much. I like that Neocron runs on my Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family laptop :S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast