Thread: To the MODS

Default To the MODS

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi
    and also, please keep in mind that the rule about exploit discussion has not changed arround here. we dont want nor need that on the forums, because as I just said, it does not help in any way.
    Read before deleting

No offence, but this is fucking stupid for two reason...And I'll tell you why.
    1.) They do it anyway.
    2.) Some topics they never actually get a clear answer on.

Give them a subforum to whine in or something AND where you guys will actually tell them if something is considered an exploit or not. I can't count the number of times I've seen people woundering if something is or isn't an exploit and the only answer they get is "we dont talk about it here..blah blah". Some people still insist that if someone clipping through a wall even unintentionally "omg exploiter!" because YOU have never once said to them something anything like "we know the net code kinda sucks, but you'll just have to deal with it..sorry." Like one of the guys in that other post, listed a large number of things he considers exploits not all of which are...Because he's never once heard anyone besides a player that would explain to him what is or isn't.

You can close or delete this AFTER you read it, AND THEN take a few seconds to just clarify these issues for once so people will finally know what (besides the obvious) is and isn't allowed ingame. Then you'll have less of these posts to deal with in the future....I shouldn't have to tell a game company to clearly state what is and isn't allowed ingame, but here we are anyway so just get it done. Shouldn't be hard..
    GENJI 4 PRESIDENT 2012 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Genji
    Read before deleting

No offence, but this is fucking stupid for two reason...And I'll tell you why.
    1.) They do it anyway.
    2.) Some topics they never actually get a clear answer on.

Give them a subforum to whine in or something AND where you guys will actually tell them if something is considered an exploit or not. I can't count the number of times I've seen people woundering if something is or isn't an exploit and the only answer they get is "we dont talk about it here..blah blah". Some people still insist that if someone clipping through a wall even unintentionally "omg exploiter!" because YOU have never once said to them something anything like "we know the net code kinda sucks, but you'll just have to deal with it..sorry." Like one of the guys in that other post, listed a large number of things he considers exploits not all of which are...Because he's never once heard anyone besides a player that would explain to him what is or isn't.

You can close or delete this AFTER you read it, AND THEN take a few seconds to just clarify these issues for once so people will finally know what (besides the obvious) is and isn't allowed ingame. Then you'll have less of these posts to deal with in the future....I shouldn't have to tell a game company to clearly state what is and isn't allowed ingame, but here we are anyway so just get it done. Shouldn't be hard..

exploits@neocron.com

Or, you can always ask helpdesk@neocron.com

If you think its an exploit, it may be an exploit. In game tickets and other methods of communication are available instead of this giant public forum. If it becomes a big issue, a staff member will post an announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrip
    exploits@neocron.com

Or, you can always ask helpdesk@neocron.com

If you think its an exploit, it may be an exploit. In game tickets and other methods of communication are available instead of this giant public forum. If it becomes a big issue, a staff member will post an announcement.
    No, they shouldn't have to send an e-mail to ask if something is an exploit...And waiting for an e-mail response from KK...

That's why half the player base is clueless about such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Genji
    No, they shouldn't have to send an e-mail to ask if something is an exploit...And waiting for an e-mail response from KK...

That's why half the player base is clueless about such things.
    So, its better to discuss the exploit in detail in a public forum where others can learn about the exploit and possibly use it themselves? Create chaos before saying "No, its not allowed" ?

Doesn't sound like a very good plan to me...

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrip
    So, its better to discuss the exploit in detail in a public forum where others can learn about the exploit and possibly use it themselves? Create chaos before saying "No, its not allowed" ?

Doesn't sound like a very good plan to me...
    ....Even if everyone didn't already know all of them, you dont have to explain how it works to get an answer as to wether it's an exploit or not.

Don't discuss moderation and exploits.

But I have to admit that the OP has a point. If clearer words and action by officals would be spoken against persons rationalizing exploit and bug abuse as seen in the other thread we'd be in less of a mess.

It's just disgusting to see how certain persons over the years again and again tried to influence opinions here to avoid being held responsible for violation of rules.
    Last edited by MadMeleeFreak; 24-05-12 at 21:09.

Oh boy. It's this thread again.

Quote Originally Posted by flib
    Oh boy. It's this thread again.

Horray!

Moderation is not up for discussion. Please follow the normal procedures for reporting exploiters.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT