most likely it's the same problem as with the launcher, where they are somehow losing dns entries for their domains. Seeing as dns updates generally can take up to 24 hours to update depending on the location, it's something that's impossible to do quickly.

That said, if it's not dns, it's probably the fact that it's sunday. While a datacenter generally has 24/7 support, nc is probably hosted on a virtual server, which means a lot of the support has to be done by the owners.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    most likely it's the same problem as with the launcher, where they are somehow losing dns entries for their domains. Seeing as dns updates generally can take up to 24 hours to update depending on the location, it's something that's impossible to do quickly.

That said, if it's not dns, it's probably the fact that it's sunday. While a datacenter generally has 24/7 support, nc is probably hosted on a virtual server, which means a lot of the support has to be done by the owners.
    it was 24 hourd 15 hours ago :P

Quote Originally Posted by firepayy
    Summat like that. There's something goofy goin on and I'm thinkin it's got somethin to do with that anti-hacker/cheat code they were workin on.

yes, but setting up everything on the weekend? I don't think the GM volunteers that have been talking and acting lately have the access to fix, so we have to rely on whatever is left of KK to fix things for us. Of course I would rather have it fixed instantly, or have some volunteer be able to do things like that, but this is one of the things that I personally feel are completely justified for a game that is run mostly on volunteers at the moment.

We might need more communication about the actual problems and whether people are actually working on it, but the fact that they don't have time to fix it right this moment is not that strange.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

yes, but setting up everything on the weekend? I don't think the GM volunteers that have been talking and acting lately have the access to fix, so we have to rely on whatever is left of KK to fix things for us. Of course I would rather have it fixed instantly, or have some volunteer be able to do things like that, but this is one of the things that I personally feel are completely justified for a game that is run mostly on volunteers at the moment.

We might need more communication about the actual problems and whether people are actually working on it, but the fact that they don't have time to fix it right this moment is not that strange.

Hrm, he has a point, even if it does rub me the wrong way. I'm still being patient, would just like a bit more information on what's happening. (Keep me informed and I'm a pretty docile fellow, though it would truly suck if it took a week to fix this mess.)

please call me if it works 911^^ thanks

im not fully informed about the status of kk i only know what ive glanced over since i started to play again this last month but it sounds like kk have someone that would be more than willing to help them out and is obliviously able to cause didn't mr trip actually get a emulated server up or something. i understand why kk are pissed at him and rightly so but if i were kk and he was offering me help free i would accept it seems like he was trying to help neocron as a game.

(also i wouldn't wanna make an enemy who knows so much about the ins and outs of my game .. Polly better to get him on side than against it )

im not fully informed about the status of kk i only know what ive glanced over since i started to play again this last month but it sounds like kk have someone that would be more than willing to help them out and is obliviously able to cause didn't mr trip actually get a emulated server up or something. i understand why kk are pissed at him and rightly so but if i were kk and he was offering me help free i would accept it seems like he was trying to help neocron as a game.

(also i wouldn't wanna make an enemy who knows so much about the ins and outs of my game .. Polly better to get him on side than against it )
    agree, pls dont speak about that in those Times, .. i am pissed and miss the 4-5 Weeks enyoing that Projekt Server ..damn.

im not fully informed about the status of kk i only know what ive glanced over since i started to play again this last month but it sounds like kk have someone that would be more than willing to help them out and is obliviously able to cause didn't mr trip actually get a emulated server up or something.
    It wasn't emulated. And I'm very much so willing to help as is the GM staff but we are awaiting word from higher up. I'm still outside of that whole staff circle, but they are doing everything they can do at their level.

i understand why kk are pissed at him and rightly so but if i were kk and he was offering me help free i would accept it seems like he was trying to help neocron as a game.
    Nobody ever said KK was pissed at me, in fact, I have had lots of talks with Kirk and things are going very well.

Absolutely no enemy here. I stated from the beginning the project I started was to fix the game and turn it over to KK cost free. Somebody said I was going to charge KK for their own game and that is where Kirk got upset. This was simply untrue, we were looking for fixes and preparing to submit them to KK. We love Neocron and don't want it to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankjr
    agree, pls dont speak about that in those Times, .. i am pissed and miss the 4-5 Weeks enyoing that Projekt Server ..damn.
    I miss it too tbh, if you miss it as do others, please show some support and lets get this game going again. I've emailed Kirk again about this and maybe I can get a shot at fixing whatever the problem might be.

Nice one, Keep up the Good Work - bless

Recruting someone into a team because they set up an inofficial server and let quite some people play on it to calm down the community is in my humble not the right way (no offense Mr. Trip). The recruitment should be on a much broader base, because there are quite some people around which have the skills and also the time to help. The most important point is that the people should be able to work in a team, because else the code/the server will become far more messed up than it is now. Afterwards select them by their amount of free time they can invenst and skill.

I am curious what the real problems with the login servers are, it can't be a simple crash, because that would normally not take that long to solve.

We need neocrack weather from kirk or tripp share infos with the masses imo,

FREE THE NEOCRACK!

Quote Originally Posted by r2d22k
    I am curious what the real problems with the login servers are, it can't be a simple crash, because that would normally not take that long to solve.
    well they had to replace the launcher.neocron.com page with launcher.neocron.info before, my guess is they're either losing the neocron.com nameservers, or there's something wrong externally with those

Now called Kane Gregory Dark-Destroy's Avatar

I insist on my preachers full blend. No neocrack plz.

and...disciple powder.

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

... can take up to 24 hours to update depending on the location,...
    Manage ones own DNS names and set the TTL to 30 mins. Then one can update propagate changes quite reasonably.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast