Quote Originally Posted by elGringo
    I dont want to spoil the party, but if I was you guys, I'd be careful with getting hopes up too high just yet.

We've seen NC2 that was a refurbished NC1 with some content addition and NC3, which (for a reason) is no longer refered to as such - instead NC:Reloaded - currently appears to be a recycled version of NC2 at best... using existing assets to quickly mash up a f2p game that'll be found in company of other subprime, casual & trash games at http://www.prosiebengames.de/ . It's the 'publisher' (a TV-channels game venture to be precise) that is featured in the Nukklear trailer with ads in front of medicare.

I always wished to see a strong successor to the original Neocron one day... on a engine thats en par with AAA multiplayer titles and produced with according funding and staff numbers. I know it will be seen as premature fatalism, given that the game is probably still in very early development stages... but by the looks, NC3, it wont be. Not by a long shot. If it gets close to the immersive gameplay Neocron once had to offer I'll be most pleasently suprised.

I any case, I hope I'm wrong and I wish KK good luck with their new ventures.
    Neocron Reloaded is not Neocron 3. It's a port of the Neocron content to a different game engine, with "the best of NC1 and NC2." They're not just giving NC2 a spitshine and slapping a F2P label on it.

Without the old code, the current hacks and netcode problems will be gone forever and they can actually develop the game without having to deal with the current messy code. This is why people are optimistic, not because they're expecting a shiny new world to explore.

The whole point of Neocron Reloaded is that they can finish it in a fraction of the time and cost it would take to make Neocron 3. (and I think NC3 would be the logical next step once NCR is done.)

Worst case scenarios: they manage to ruin it with F2P cashshop shit, or don't even get funding.

Rainy Day

No matter what and when.
    I will give it a try and judge than about if it's worth time and money.
    And ... I am looking forward to test it.
    So pls KK hurry a bit.

hmm there are a lot ot things to fix in that game, e.g. PVE. Leveling must be realisitc an fun again - not a grind-party...if we want to attract new players. A lot of the old ones won't come back. They have a work-live now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruder Malmsdoo
    A lot of the old ones won't come back. They have a work-live now.
    A lot of the old ones already had a work-live back then. It wasn't like NC was flooded by teenies in the old days. Most people were in their beginning to mid twenties or even older.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMeleeFreak
    A lot of the old ones already had a work-live back then. It wasn't like NC was flooded by teenies in the old days. Most people were in their beginning to mid twenties or even older.
    Haha, not me! When I first registered on the Neocron forums, I was 14. Now I'm 25.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMeleeFreak
    on the forums maybe. in game well. i knew alot of people in the bracket you mention but also quite a few young kids. We used to ask people how old they were when we recruited because we didnt want prepubescent teenage assholes in the clan.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I'd much rather see NC's future take that path: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

NC has suffered from crappy publishers all its life (CDV, 10tacle, gamigo...) and this Pro7Sat1 venture is the least promising of all. Why not take it to Kickstarter and develop the NC you and us want? .. at least try.

I'd much rather see NC's future take that path: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

NC has suffered from crappy publishers all its life (CDV, 10tacle, gamigo...) and this Pro7Sat1 venture is the least promising of all. Why not take it to Kickstarter and develop the NC you and us want? .. at least try.
    cuz they would have to open up and communicate with us
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

I remembered the times when you had to kill enemy faction runners for epic yesterday. They should reintroduce that. It was great fun going to MB and searching for poor FAs to kill. (carebears gtfo)

Agreed. Though I don't think the Pro7 Sat1 Logos are more than an advertising deal. In the video and on the screenshots you see Screens showing moved pictures and such. I think it's a demonstration of ingame advertising capabilities that can be included. As far as I know prosiebengames.de/sevengames.com is simply a portal to support TV adds for games on those channels. They have a lot of the gamigo and bigpoint games in there (almost exclusively those) and upon registering you get forwarded to their sites. Afaik know all games on prosiebengames.de/sevengames.com are published by other companies. Pro7/Sat1 Media AG having ambitions to act as a publisher would be new to me.

Also the Nukklear Site suggests that thei're planning to not only develop but also host and publish the games themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    cuz they would have to open up and communicate with us
    Seeing the kind of shit people are asking for in this thread, I think we're better off.

Quote Originally Posted by flib
    Seeing the kind of shit people are asking for in this thread, I think we're better off.
    Open up doesn't meant get more community input. I agree that most of the stuff that the community comes up with is ill-advised at best (including im sure my stuff).

But for a kickstarter to work they need to put up promises about the game, decisions on how it will be run, and actual promises that need to be kept for the different reward tiers. The current way of promising random things and then afterwards doing something completely different ages after the original promise would have happened is not something that works for a kickstarter funded project.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

In case anyone misses it, you guys may wish to check out Kirk's Kickstarter Poll.

Cheers,
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Holy fuckstick! I cant wait for this!

ProSieben & Sat.1 ads in front of medicare? You don´t want to host NC:R on http://***.prosieben.de/games/ don´t you? If so, we´ll get overrun by german browsergame kids who don´t understand nothing about Neocron but how to max their chars