I would consider putting some money towards a Kickstarter type fund, however if there isn't going to be any patches, I'm not going to consider it.

The game really needs patches for the exploits and bugs, I've seen enough "Sandwich of the day" threads and post around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers
    I would consider putting some money towards a Kickstarter type fund, however if there isn't going to be any patches, I'm not going to consider it.

The game really needs patches for the exploits and bugs, I've seen enough "Sandwich of the day" threads and post around here.
    Looks like they called it

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Save-...02746096443643

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris
    30 days left to Doomsday? That doesn't sound good at all.

As I said on Facebook:

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THIS FCUKING COUNTER IS FOR!!!

Is it when Jord officially starts? Some uber event planned perhaps.

Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right. - Basil Fawlty

What an interesting read.

Personally, I think KK would be better off crowdfunding a NC1 revamp, over trying to crowdfund NC3 - which would no doubt be far more expensive.

That is, unless they manage to acquire investment, then NC3 would be the preferable option.
    “Last of the freelance hackers and Greatest swordfighter in the world.”

In my opinion, the best thing would be to port the NC2 content to Unity (or something else), as Kirk mentioned. They would be able to develop a new infrastructure, rather than just putting more band-aids on the problem, but wouldn't have to go through all the trouble of developing new assets. This would solve all sorts of problems.
    This would also give them a solid basis upon which to build Neocron 3.

Lightbulb

well if kk is going down the shitter then for the love of god please release the source for nc1 like many other game developers have done with old games.
    Prior Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.
    llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Quote Originally Posted by john irons
    well if kk is going down the shitter then for the love of god please release the source for nc1 like many other game developers have done with old games.
    AMEN!

Let the emu culture do what you couldnt

Quote Originally Posted by john irons
    QFT! *5characters*

Quote Originally Posted by flib
    In my opinion, the best thing would be to port the NC2 content to Unity (or something else), as Kirk mentioned. They would be able to develop a new infrastructure, rather than just putting more band-aids on the problem, but wouldn't have to go through all the trouble of developing new assets.
    Sounds like a good plan to me.

I'd also really like to see fixed the damned netcode.

Even with an empty server there are so many problems with it. :/

I've played other F2P games where you could be for hours on dungeons with a team of 5 and everything would register near perfectly without lag at all. The experience is just awesome.

I think that NC has it all. I love this game. Years go by and i keep returning here like i haven't on any other mmo. And i'm not really a PvP'er (where's the fun in that with all the cheaters..).

IMO The next move should be just like what flib said: It would be best to port the game to a stable engine that has good support and is easy to develop.

Because adding more patches is just like building more floors on a building with about to collapse infrastructures...

How much would something like this cost? Porting to Unity?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeon
    Sounds like a good plan to me.

I'd also really like to see fixed the damned netcode.

Even with an empty server there are so many problems with it. :/
    Well, porting to a new engine would mean it would have completely different netcode!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeon
    How much would something like this cost? Porting to Unity?
    Above one million.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Lenke
    or example we have made tests with Unity and Neocron assets. And it worked pretty well! But making a revamped version of Neocron is also a question of money.

Setting up this basic version would cost above one million and would take probably round about one year with the current team we have.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123