Quote Originally Posted by Powerpunsh
    WTF tell me where it is! Please!
    Someone in this thread already has!

Edit: One clue, it wasn't me.

Ok mr jones. Do i have to search all Mr Jones zones for it? Just tell me the Zone i need to activate in my navray.

The machine room in pp1 looks like it, but theres no way to go further as the first room.
    Last edited by Powerpunsh; 19-03-12 at 17:05.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

oh I suppose I'll ruin it.

I have no idea how to get there, but it is the machine room in PP1. Where the machine sits that wall behind it, you need to have super GM powers (I don't) and phase through the wall like a boss. I called in a favor to get there. Its pretty amazing actually, too bad it wasn't used for some large mission.

Dang, I was jumping thru walls logging in and out on fences lol, so you gotta pop thru wall some how!

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    while I get what you're saying, why are you saying it? as in, what is your goal? do you have an alternative? or is this just another "the game is dead" thread?
    I'm not the OP but I want to answer:

Because the atmosphere means so much to me, I always *want* to have a reason to play. But, I feel like nothing matters anymore because of a few things.

1.) WoC is sadistic to players like me who play solo.

2.) I feel like everyone else is cheating in PvP, clipping through walls, running 5x my speed when I've already sacrificed soooo much damage for movespeed in my stats.. but they still kill me in a few hits, while when I connect shots to them, their HP barely moves.

3.) Some items are now pointlessly complex, such as nanites. It's frustrating just to know that nanites are a part of those PvP setups, making "the feeling of being able to compete" seem that much more of an impossibility. (The more complex you make a game, the larger the window becomes for meta-game "skill". If you remove all implants and tools and give everyone the same weapons, then it's just your player skill. Of course, that might be too boring, but, when you go overboard with items and shit, that also sucks too, because people can essentially win fights with their setups, rather with skill. This was always a factor/conversation in Neocron, but it got multiplied with stuff added in NC2.)

4.) Because of the first three things, it feels pointless to keep leveling and finish capping. If I spend an entire day to get 15 pixels of XP, I feel like an idiot who just wasted my day.

That said, I still love Neocron for it's atmosphere and I always WANT a reason to play. Every so often, I get back on and try. But all I do is try to level a bit more, get maybe half way on a level, then start thinking about #1 2 and 3 and quit again.

-

About the maps. I know this is totally random but does anyone know the name(s) of the mapper(s) for Neocron? I basically would just like to give them some fan-mail, lol, because I've always loved Neocron's maps. I really admire BSP mapping and anyone who can do it well, and create - not just a believable area - but a good "feeling" in that area as well. To me, many zones in Neocron have a lot more feeling/emotion in them, than, for example, an area or town in Borderlands; a game which should, by all means, have newer and better graphics and worlds. To me, it doesn't.

One of my favorite spots in the entire game is in the NC Subway zone. At the Pepper Park stop, there's a little diner built into the fork in the subway car paths and has glass walls so you can see the cars go by. That idea was, and is, so amazing that it gave me chills thinking about it.

If there is any reason I play it's to get back on, run around and see those cool areas again.

It's a shame that there are many maps that were made by these/this mapper(s) and then not actually used in the game. I also mapped BSP for over a decade myself (not professionally (for money) but I consider my own work at a professional level) and would be sad if my maps had to be scrapped or hidden off of the game world like that Generator Room map in this thread. It looks very interesting/unique.

You guys been to Out Zone Sector 7?

What about 'New District' ?

(The more complex you make a game, the larger the window becomes for meta-game "skill". If you remove all implants and tools and give everyone the same weapons, then it's just your player skill. Of course, that might be too boring, but, when you go overboard with items and shit, that also sucks too, because people can essentially win fights with their setups, rather with skill. This was always a factor/conversation in Neocron, but it got multiplied with stuff added in NC2.)
    I agree somewhat. Nanites did seem to put it over the top, especially for spies. I played spy, drugs were the name of the game. Topping that with nanites it felt too troublesome just to be at my peak competitive level.

I did love how resists were however. Tweaking, testing, just perfecting your setup and having it show in fights was pretty ego-tastic,

Considering that nanites basically dont work I can see it being needlessly complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife
    I agree somewhat. Nanites did seem to put it over the top, especially for spies. I played spy, drugs were the name of the game. Topping that with nanites it felt too troublesome just to be at my peak competitive level.

I did love how resists were however. Tweaking, testing, just perfecting your setup and having it show in fights was pretty ego-tastic,
    However.. it is all about speed now.
    Holo PA Vest + Disruptor + Drugs + Stealth + Spy = unbeatable if he knows how to use walls and edges and his stealth tool.
    Even tanks go on full speed. Because not getting hit is the best defense ... at the moment. We don't have a speedcapp so you are able to run fast as hell.
    Private Eyes and Monks can reach such speed only by drugging a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl
    However.. it is all about speed now.
    Holo PA Vest + Disruptor + Drugs + Stealth + Spy = unbeatable if he knows how to use walls and edges and his stealth tool.
    Even tanks go on full speed. Because not getting hit is the best defense ... at the moment. We don't have a speedcapp so you are able to run fast as hell.
    Private Eyes and Monks can reach such speed only by drugging a lot more.

word, but there is a speed cap
    Old Char Names: Skojax/Postagirl/Drevious/Prince/Thizzell Washington
    I now play 'Evil' on titan.. and i need frenz :'(

There is a speed cap only in the sense that you have a limited amount of points in the given subskill and even less that you can viably spec into speed skills.

If you are a spy, you cant spec ALL your dex into AGL, you still need some RC to even use a weapon.

However all the sandwiching happening on the server makes this conversation irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by CrushOr
    However all the sandwiching happening on the server makes this conversation irrelevant.
    The new activity of the GM's seems to have had the effect that I haven't seen any of the old sandwich eaters around any more, and haven't seen any dodgy activity from others.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

I hear sandwiches make you run faster alot faster ;((

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

I think the diversity of items are fine now. However there are certain weapons that still need some nerfing, ie disruptor, there are some items that need a boost, the redeemer, first love, and oh god every melee weapon ever. If any items were to be added I would like to see some WoC monk spells as my apu feels very left out.

Resists are fine the way they are. I wouldn't mind a speed cap if only because it would force tanks to play like tanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris
    I hear sandwiches make you run faster alot faster ;((
    Yep, and have ultimate resists and ultimate damage and a closed reticle. They are basically playing quake 3 and you are stuck in neocron.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast