Question Where is the roleplay in this game?

I have been playing a week and only seen one person do it once and none of the staff characters that are claimed to be around - can anyone point me towards best times or places or something?

i have a rp bar just come by from time to time and we could do some rp its in the military base baracks 2 pw hells name of the bar is Hell's Kitchen.

(and no we are not hells legion!!!)

Edit: Its on Terra^^
    Last edited by deathclaw666; 20-09-07 at 16:56.

i am still not used to Terra server but it seems there is not much roleplay on it

Most players on Terra (Atleast the ones i know) will roleplay if you start it. Weve just gotten a little burnt out after RPing the same chars for 3-5 years.
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypsox
    Most players on Terra (Atleast the ones i know) will roleplay if you start it. Weve just gotten a little burnt out after RPing the same chars for 3-5 years.
    So make new ones, dodos

Thumbs up RolePlay is exciting, if you got the spirit for it...

I am considering to form a clan, who'll RP someday in the future, gonna take long though. RP is on my part, casual and random, for i am busy getting symapthies up to max. with all pro-city factions, TT is the only one with 100 sympathy so far. Thumbs up for neocron and roleplay!

I only roleplay twilight guardian, screw corporate zombies and drugdealers

Quote Originally Posted by daughterolilith
    So make new ones, dodos
    I do =P I always keep a slot for a new character that i can level and play around on. Atm its a HE PE.

And i RP a NEXT employee =P Don't be dissing on us corporate zombies, we make most of your fookin vehicles!
    He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.

Andy is a ginger minger. ashley watts's Avatar

Ill roleplay my Black dragon PE to be a hooker if you want, tips welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheo
    roleplay? Neocron? You must be joking look for Ashwatts I heard he role plays

Nah fuck it, turn it off Matanius's Avatar

There isn't much RP around atm but that's mainly because no one wants to be the one that starts it. For the most part, if I start some RP then other people join in. I never do a lot tbh, just a bit of casual stuff here and there. Like talking in character when I give a poke or something, or trying to discuss a recent article from the Neocronicle etc.

Just start some RP up, some people will tell you to fuck off, but eventually someone will join in. Unfortunately though, most the RP I see atm are people in TG or BD RPing arseholes and mafioso types ie. 'Gimme 300k or you die'

Quote Originally Posted by jini
    Ok, I hate arguing.

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

lol...FOR THE HORDE!!!!! but honestly yeah some people will rp, but it seems a lot of the more prolific players are in the game for purely pvp, i know i am

Default RP, Neocron, Chemlab and PVP

I am going to babble a bit here. Been too long since I unloaded onto the Forums.

First and foremost, I am back as the classic example of a Returning Vet. Yet another Vet who keeps coming back hoping to rediscover the fun of NC1 and often being let down.

Well as I was reading up about Drones I had an idea. My Insight

I have decided to see Neocron as a Moo/Mud/Muck with a very cool graphical interface. I am back and I have done the tour..There, Neocron, EQ1/2, SWG, WOW, Matrix, Eve, Second Life, RUIN, and a whole bunch of those crazy free games. Nothing did it for me...mostly I hate the overdone hobbit, elf and troll type things. As I sit back have a smoke, a smoke and a beer it started to get clear; I hadn't really had a good time since like the summer of 97. Cybersphere was slowly becoming the coolest moo out there and the players spent years working on being the best. RP was a requirement because it was text so we had to make our characters appear more alive. As more and more graphical games came onto the net I started to forget what a good game was (to me).

Yes, I lowered the bar on what I expect from online games as I allowed graphics to bury..theme and RP. I allowed the loot returns of missions and quests to cloud how i used to level in the moo world...namely not die. No longer do I expect neocron to preform like a WoW-Eve-LOTR candy coated stim stream.

I can't pretend or try to make neocron that type of game because frankly it isn't such a game. It is a raw, rough and sometimes a bear of a client. It doesn't like to work and when it does it doesn't care how you want it to work. It does what it wants....run-time errors, crashes, sync error, and my fav the total close with no reason. Those types of issues don't work in a candy coat graphic interface...but in a moo that is a common. So, I just gave in and went with what the game wanted. I can't make it be something it isn't and following that logic I couldn't pull something from it that isn't in there.

As I lit my fourth smoke and repacked for another type of smoke it all clicked. If Neocron is more moo then MMORPG I can't look for the game to have an RP. I have to make the RP (well WE have to make it) and I have to dedicate myself to it as I would any other stat. I have tried and had a little success; you have to just keep doing RP and not expect ANYONE to care. RP to me is an event that you do not because it gets you a sword or because it wins you friends....it entertains you. Most people know how to RP (we all pretended to be someone, something or being somewhere as a kid) they just sometimes are taken aback and have to recall that: OHHH, when they say they are from neocron they are in-character!!

ooc: I am from Lacrosse WI....hehehe

I am here this time until they shut the lights off. I promise to stay in character and I promise to reach master. Those little promises said to the masses almost require a giggle at my cost and I expect someone to post in that manner. Such mockery can't stop me because already my game play is deeper then just getting all the techparts needed for whatever caster bullshit the cookie-cutter template all want. I have played games before where there are only like 100 active people with another 100 part-time players thrown in. I prefer that world to a world full of 3000+ people all dressed the same, using the same quest rewards and not even trying to understand the guy/girl who is their class but not dressed like them. A long time ago, before we all got addicted to what the graphical guys threw on top of their very limited scripted worlds, I enjoyed the freedom to decide more as a character. Neocron has that still; even though it seems to almost be lost in the cookie-cutter templates. I can pull my chip out and shoot at whatever I want....take over an outpost and DEMAND respect because I and mine control the best construction bases. I look forward to neocron again as I no longer expect too much from neocron. I know damn well it might just be me logging in going to eat lunch do some other non-skill raising actions as I slowly level working on my parts reselling concept. All I got outside someday I will need to face another player in combat which brings me to the close of this babble.

PVP used to be something that happened between players fighting over the same resource with a back story (RP) on why it was so important. Over time the candy coated guys got us to think that PVP is something that only happens in certain location, with timers, redone take the flag repeated endlessly and a bit of ranking board to seal the deal. I myself am done with that....when I kill a character it will be because they are standing between me and something I want. I will RP feeling bad about it and more then likely RP a mental side effect due to the event....PVP you know is a nice way of saying murder after all.

I can't ask you to be like me or to follow my lead. The path I am taking has been taken before and unless you are under the age of 25 you more then likely have seen it before. Just know there is one guy out there who still uses OOC: and who refuses to ever ask anyone on trade: I am bored does anyone else wanna fight?

Many people in NC (not most, but a lot), loathe and despise RP in any form, and will go out of their way to make the lives of anyone who engages in it in any way a living hell.

As a result many people are reluctant to do it as they will loose 'respect' with a large section of the playerbase.

You just have to ignore them in the end.

As for me, I just got Skulls back up and running. If any of you want some CMs for OP fight assistance, give me or any of the others a bell.

i'm thinking of RPing an atomic war survivor after logging in at 4am, it works well with the post-apocolyptic setting neocron is in, and late at night you can run around for hours without seeing another person "wow, there really is no one left, i am the one! last man standing"

Quote Originally Posted by Kierz
    i'm thinking of RPing an atomic war survivor after logging in at 4am, it works well with the post-apocolyptic setting neocron is in, and late at night you can run around for hours without seeing another person "wow, there really is no one left, i am the one! last man standing"

where do u hide at 4am? im always looking for survivors, not yet found any

Quote Originally Posted by Danae View Post
    [00:07:39] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!
    Sig stolen from nEo-1664 + Danae I guess

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast