Blog Entries

Default [OT] - Dead Island (for the PS3)

It's been out a while now...anyone play it? It's not been available in our area, keeps selling out. How is it? How's the co-op play?

Just curious, thinking of getting it for the hubbers online.

(@work and painfully bored...meh for offices...fa rizzle)
    Last edited by Danae; 22-09-11 at 16:09.

I dont have a PS3 but I heard about this great Cyberpunk style MMO on the pc he should probably try.....
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim
    I dont have a PS3 but I heard about this great Cyberpunk style MMO on the pc he should probably try.....
    He's over pc gaming. He's moved on to the PS3.

Got it on PC and it's really fun, still yet to try the Co-op though.

Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    He's over pc gaming. He's moved on to the PS3.
    he needs to make a guest appearance though that would rule
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    he needs to make a guest appearance though that would rule
    hehe Our kids take over the PC's playing minecraft on our private server :P They are too young for online games!

Neocron Forum is the one?
    ~~Krieg ist Scheiße aber der Sound ist Geil~~
    Have Fun

I tried it on PC. I absolutely hated it. The PC version is a shitty port. I'm sure it's better on console, but it played like ass.
    Fortunately I was able to secure a refund in Steam credit.
    This reminds me exactly why it's important to try a game through non-licensed copying before committing to a purchase. (when there isn't a demo available)

• Why can't I move faster than a snail's pace while strafing? I was under the impression that a human-being could turn their neck while moving at a decent speed.
    • The missions/quests are completely uninteresting
    • The system for finding where I'm supposed to go to complete objectives doesn't do anything
    • I hate the characters. They are obnoxious and uninteresting. Look at Left4Dead for better ideas.

I highly recommend you play it in Best Buy for a while before committing to it.

Blog Entries

Thank you very much, flib! We've been trying to rent it from Blockbuster but they only have one copy ^^ Stinks being out in the middle of nowhere hehe I figured there had to be someone on the forums who tried it!

Quote Originally Posted by flib
    I tried it on PC. I absolutely hated it. The PC version is a shitty port. I'm sure it's better on console, but it played like ass.
    Fortunately I was able to secure a refund in Steam credit.
    This reminds me exactly why it's important to try a game through non-licensed copying before committing to a purchase. (when there isn't a demo available)

• Why can't I move faster than a snail's pace while strafing? I was under the impression that a human-being could turn their neck while moving at a decent speed.
    • The missions/quests are completely uninteresting
    • The system for finding where I'm supposed to go to complete objectives doesn't do anything
    • I hate the characters. They are obnoxious and uninteresting. Look at Left4Dead for better ideas.

I highly recommend you play it in Best Buy for a while before committing to it.

Thank you very much, flib! We've been trying to rent it from Blockbuster but they only have one copy ^^ Stinks being out in the middle of nowhere hehe I figured there had to be someone on the forums who tried it!
    Just so you have a positive opinion about the game aswell as a negative one, I wrote a review on Amazon UK, I'll link to it as it's too long to copy paste:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-revi...By=addFiveStar

Mine's the one written by Vasilli L, Zombie Fighting Chinese Woman.

Blog Entries

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley003
    Just so you have a positive opinion about the game aswell as a negative one, I wrote a review on Amazon UK, I'll link to it as it's too long to copy paste:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-revi...By=addFiveStar

Mine's the one written by Vasilli L, Zombie Fighting Chinese Woman.

The Don sends his regards rob444's Avatar
    Sweden where polarbears are walking the streets.

Bought it for PC, kinda regret it . Not that the game is bad or anything, the lack of support for this game is embarrassing! Many people (including) me is having nvidia drivers freezing while playing this game and the DI support is blaming it on non existant anti-virus softwares - LOL.
    And the weapons break too easily, waaaaay too easily -_-. But if anyone wants to add silly me, add Icebice on the PS3 :P
    /Rob

It's been out a while now...anyone play it? It's not been available in our area, keeps selling out. How is it? How's the co-op play?

Just curious, thinking of getting it for the hubbers online.

(@work and painfully bored...meh for offices...fa rizzle)
    I bought it for PS3 and I gotta say the graphics are the best I have seen so far on the system.

I like the innovative system of people hopping into your game anytime and vice versa to play coop. You get a message saying "there is xx in the vicinity. do you want to join him?" and thats it, you're in coop. with a bluetooth headset this can be a lot of fun.

other than that its a simple game, just killing zombies. a real gorefest for adults. if you like zombie movies, especially the old cheesy and gory ones from the 80s, this is a game for you. it will get boring tho because it's not exactly a complex game :-)

Unlike this certain mmofpsrpg that is still unrivaled in the world of gaming...

The graphics really aren't anything special.

Quote Originally Posted by flib
    The graphics really aren't anything special.
    For the PS3? Well, I haven't played the new shooters for the ps, but the textures and especially the npcs look very good in DI imo.

Maybe it's just a new step in using the PS3's hardware more efficiently this year, and I didnt pay attention yet. Last new games I got on PS3 were GT5 and Fallout 3 New Vegas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast