Default A Problem And A Question

Heyo all, so instead of making 2 threads for two different things I might aswell make one thread for 2 things.

Anyways, the problem: I have a laptop (Acer Aspire 5630 I believe), and I have installed 'Cron on it, but when I launch it (as in pressing play on the launcher) it opens a black window for about a second named Neocron 2 and then closes straight away. Anyone know why?

And the question: Is there anyway to customise the HUD in Neocron 2, and any way to get the Neocron 1 HUD?

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    if you're using chrome, either close chrome, or shut down the flash process (shift esc, and close the shockwave process)
    neocron isn't happy with adobe software apparently, it used to crash certain apps, and lately neocron doesn't work if you have chrome open with the flash process going.
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Forum search is your friend for Customising the HUD, yes, It can be done.

And what the big yin said for the crashing, yer all set
    Proud founding member of

Maas Neotek

First clan on Pluto

Chars: DronerElric, Kalim, Ciara, Elric Brtr, Elric Drvr

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    neocron isn't happy with adobe software apparently, it used to crash certain apps, and lately neocron doesn't work if you have chrome open with the flash process going.
    I believe I had Adobe Reader running. So I'll close that and see if that works. Cheers!

The HUD forum is hiding a little in the Player Guides & Questions forum - Or here - http://forum.neocron.com/forumdisplay.php?f=174

Checked my computer and no Adobe programs were running, still didn't work though. Any more suggestions?

Canadian eh

if you open the launcher and click on "Configuration" then on "Configure Hardware" does the box open up for to configure the video card and sound?

Quote Originally Posted by General Crazy
    if you open the launcher and click on "Configuration" then on "Configure Hardware" does the box open up for to configure the video card and sound?
    Nope. I've also tried checking file integrity and reinstalling but with no luck

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley003
    Checked my computer and no Adobe programs were running, still didn't work though. Any more suggestions?
    but do you have chrome or an application that uses flash running? (firefox seems to work fine, but chrome will crash your neocron client)

also, try running it as administrator, and putting the whole neocron2 folder on a different disk (if you have one), or in your documents folder if you haven't
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Nope. I've also tried checking file integrity and reinstalling but with no luck
    Maybe a silly question, but you have installed DirectX?

Yeah DirectX could be the problem, since Windows 7 installations do not include the old versions required by NC

Canadian eh

I have the same problem on my laptop it is because the drivers have no directx 9 support, from looking at the info about your laptop I would guess you are running Windows XP so lets check the directx information go to "Start" -> "Run -> type "dxdiag" in the box -> hit "OK", when the directx diagnostic tool opens up what does it say for DirectX Version? is it version 9 if so click on Display and there should be 3 tests listed with buttons beside them can you run them all or are there ones that are greyed out? If some are greyed out your drivers don't support DirectX 9 so you need to see if you can find a driver that supports DirectX 9.

*Note* I personally never got it working on my laptop as I could not find a driver with proper support for directx 9.

Quote Originally Posted by General Crazy
    I have the same problem on my laptop it is because the drivers have no directx 9 support, from looking at the info about your laptop I would guess you are running Windows XP so lets check the directx information go to "Start" -> "Run -> type "dxdiag" in the box -> hit "OK", when the directx diagnostic tool opens up what does it say for DirectX Version? is it version 9 if so click on Display and there should be 3 tests listed with buttons beside them can you run them all or are there ones that are greyed out? If some are greyed out your drivers don't support DirectX 9 so you need to see if you can find a driver that supports DirectX 9.

*Note* I personally never got it working on my laptop as I could not find a driver with proper support for directx 9.
    I don't use Chrome so it can't be that, I tried moving it to my documents folder and that didn't work, And my laptop is Windows 7 with DirectX 11, however my laptop is from before even DirectX 10 was made so it supports DirectX 9.

I don't use Chrome so it can't be that, I tried moving it to my documents folder and that didn't work, And my laptop is Windows 7 with DirectX 11, however my laptop is from before even DirectX 10 was made so it supports DirectX 9.
    Yes, but if you have installed Windows 7 you have to manually install the DirectX package (at least I had to do that).

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

Quote Originally Posted by phunqe
    Yes, but if you have installed Windows 7 you have to manually install the DirectX package (at least I had to do that).

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
    Just tried that and it didn't work. It said I have a newer version of DirectX so installation isn't necessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast