After spending some time in some Free2play games, i'd almost prefer the game to be shut down instead of the name and memory of this game being so sullied.

By heavens, my good sirs! I do rightly say that a market for apparel, such as hats and the like, in the interactive motion picture, Neocron, would, indeed, be absolutely brilliant, and any man claiming otherwise should be given a good flogging 'til they regain their proper senses.
    (translation English -> English: Actually, the Neocron hat store could be pretty awesome.)

This Gentlemantank is brought to you by Detective Anonymous
    Last edited by flib; 13-09-11 at 06:34.

I doubt money is the issue here I know everyone here woud gladly pony up 20 dollars just for A taste god know i blow 20 on much worse!

I think it has more to do with their bosses telling them what to work on damn you bp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris
    I doubt money is the issue here I know everyone here woud gladly pony up 20 dollars just for A taste god know i blow 20 on much worse!

I think it has more to do with their bosses telling them what to work on damn you bp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, they have a contract to work on that. They have to do that :/

However, if it was not for BP I don't think KK would be around anymore. This means no more NC.

I think people are overestimating how much money KK will get from the community if they opened up a donation system. We can't pay enough to get them to develop NC, because they probably need to hire more developers. And who knows what they are bound to contractually.

Sure everyone would gladly donate, though I doubt we could bring enough together to do anything major.

What we really need to do is stay on top of KK and get Kirk to answer questions, give us the state of the company and their plans. Until then we don't really know how well or bad off they are, or what they are planning on doing. I would love to pay a subscription to this game but only if I knew what their plan is, or see consistent evidence of progress (Announcements/patche(s)/plans. More activity from developers and Kirk).

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by flib
    By heavens, my good sirs! I do rightly say that a market for apparel, such as hats and the like, in the interactive motion picture, Neocron, would, indeed, be absolutely brilliant, and any man claiming otherwise should be given a good flogging 'til they regain their proper senses.
    (translation English -> English: Actually, the Neocron hat store could be pretty awesome.)
    Rofl, that's epic. Nice avatar, too. If Total Biscuit played NC...

NC For Free!

I personally think NC would be around. The maintenance of the server is not hard at all and with proper auto restart software or a few emails the server gets up a day or so later :P

I think and I hope that if it came down to shutting it down that they give out the server side or they consider letting us sponsor it. I think Neocron become more of a family and such and it be really low monthly costs to run a such thing.
    Let's Play Series Coming Soon:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/StoneLegionVideos

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster
    In the event that KK ever charge subs again, I would indeed encourage them to drop the account charge. €5 a month isn't that bad, am sure some people would pay it. The €30 or whatever for a new account is mad though.
    Gid rid of the new account fee altogether, and maybe make the monthly charge a little cheaper.

As for the F2P ideas making the XP slower for free players, is just the wrong way to take any F2P game. If NC goes the F2P route, it would be better to offer useful time saving items, like Faction changes for €x and Genrep tagging packages for a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    meh I would not be worried if I was running it. I don't take shit from no one. Reason why things are successful for me.
    With that statement, I think you are the wrong person to run a NC server and care about it's community.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    I personally think NC would be around. The maintenance of the server is not hard at all and with proper auto restart software or a few emails the server gets up a day or so later :P

I think and I hope that if it came down to shutting it down that they give out the server side or they consider letting us sponsor it. I think Neocron become more of a family and such and it be really low monthly costs to run a such thing.
    They can't release the source due to contracts, afaik.

The only kind of auto-restart software they probably need is something to bring it back up if it crashes, not maintenance, because I doubt they have some one to sit there 24/7 and look at it. Maintenance on the server is probably nothing, they wouldn't even need that stuff I'm guessing.

We aren't talking about an MMO with thousands or hundreds of thousands of players, we are talking about one that caps at around 80.

What the game need is development and players, then worry about maintenance. Short of the server crashing or standard development (Patches), I don't even remember them worrying about back when they had a few hundred people playing.
    Last edited by CoreInsanity; 13-09-11 at 15:37.

Canadian eh

This that would be nice to see

Adding a option to purchase just an account for $5-10(approx £3.65-7.3) using paypal or some other working payment service besides click2pay and paybycash, it doesn't even need to be fully automated, something where you just email a cd-key that can be activated would work for now.

maybe at some point in the future add a small subscript fee of just a few dollars a month

also another option is to add an item shop that sells simple things that don't imbalance game play like a lot of F2P MMO's, items like the following:

total character skill reset
    LOM's with out the xp lose
    temporary prevent drug crashes
    temporary boost to processes speeds like CST, RES, REC, REP and IMP speeds
    temporary faster removal of synaptic impairment

Quote Originally Posted by General Crazy
    temporary prevent drug crashes
    this would make imbalance the game really badly, cuz everyone would just take 50 drugs. Drugs should always have drawbacks (even far more than now tbh)
    ingame names: Biglines (dissy spy), Mr Tool (low tech tank), Engineer Tool (constructor), Medical Tool (ppu/hacker/poker), Father Tool (apu)

Canadian eh

Quote Originally Posted by Biglines
    this would make imbalance the game really badly, cuz everyone would just take 50 drugs. Drugs should always have drawbacks (even far more than now tbh)
    temporary would be limited as well where it may only affect one or two drugs at most

Quote Originally Posted by CoreInsanity
    Edit:

Rofl, that's epic. Nice avatar, too. If Total Biscuit played NC...
    If TotalBiscuit (aka TotalHalibut) cme to NC, I'd be less than impressed. He is NOT a community player. Just ask any "real" Halibut.
    Proud founding member of

Maas Neotek

First clan on Pluto

Chars: DronerElric, Kalim, Ciara, Elric Brtr, Elric Drvr

Quote Originally Posted by Elric
    If TotalBiscuit (aka TotalHalibut) cme to NC, I'd be less than impressed. He is NOT a community player. Just ask any "real" Halibut.
    Wasn't really suggesting I wanted him to, don't get me wrong. First thing I thought of was him when I saw that avatar, though.

I think he's funny, but honestly I think he is too quick to say some stuff is amazing and some stuff sucks. His reviews, to me, aren't in depth enough for me to think of them as a review.

I'm sure he would be one of the first people to scream "Graphics suck!" and something along the lines of "There is no excuse for it. I mean, look at (Insert some competitions graphic's)! This is pathetic." or something and then mumble something about game play because he can't really get past the graphics. He strikes me as the type who says all WoW heroics are easy because he can do them with a coordinated guild on vent, but applies the same logic to a random where no one can really effectively communicate saying people suck.
    Last edited by CoreInsanity; 13-09-11 at 20:24.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreInsanity
    Wasn't really suggesting I wanted him to, don't get me wrong. First thing I thought of was him when I saw that avatar, though.
    Know what you mean there mind you, funny how some things stick in the brain eh. Nothing like a stereotype to make one recognisable lol. I should try that actually... Anyone got a Tartan Beanie (ginger wig not required, I supply my own natural one!) and a bottle of Buckfast handy ?
    Proud founding member of

Maas Neotek

First clan on Pluto

Chars: DronerElric, Kalim, Ciara, Elric Brtr, Elric Drvr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12